The Student Room Group

Nursing Interviews @ MMU/UCLAN

Nursing Interviews @ MMU/UCLAN

Does anyone have any experience of either of these recently or in the last few years? I've had a search around and the most recent thing i could find was from around 2006/2007 so things can change.

I know something in her final year of nursing at UCLAN and she said she was just asked about her A-Levels really, but the letter says "Selection day" so to me that sounds more group than individual interviews?

And all i know about MMU is as i had to rearrange one interview they have both been for 9:15am, so i dont know if they are doing a sort of group thing aswell or i just seem to get the earliest ones lol

Obviously theres all the basic info about general nursing interviews on the site which is great but i was just looking to see if anyone had anything more specific, as i know MMU has already done some interviews, and pretty sure about UCLAN aswell.

MMU also involves a 200 word handwritten essay that you can "present in anyway you like" Hmm

Thanks alot,
David

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im currently in my 1st year at UCLan, so only been a year since my interview :smile:

They did all the usual CRB stuff first then i went into a seperate room for an individual interview. They checked my qualificationg certificates and those kind of things and then asked the usual qeustions, why nursing, what qualities do nurses need, what can you bring to nursing etc.

They offered me the place there and then. Then it was just sorting the final things, such as if you could drive etc.

I know UCLan have had interviews already, my friend as had one this past week and it appears they may still be following this format.

Feel free to ask anything else and good luck :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Becky_90
Im currently in my 1st year at UCLan, so only been a year since my interview :smile:

They did all the usual CRB stuff first then i went into a seperate room for an individual interview. They checked my qualificationg certificates and those kind of things and then asked the usual qeustions, why nursing, what qualities do nurses need, what can you bring to nursing etc.

They offered me the place there and then. Then it was just sorting the final things, such as if you could drive etc.

I know UCLan have had interviews already, my friend as had one this past week and it appears they may still be following this format.

Feel free to ask anything else and good luck :smile:

Hey, thanks for the reply,

Ahh well that doesnt sound too bad, how did you find the interview? Was it nervewracking or was it quite relaxed after the first few mins, also was there a panel of interviewers? Thanks for the info as my interview there is on wednesday so it helps :smile:

Im guessing since the majority of people applying havent actually already studied nursing they are looking for the fact you have did your research and have a good idea of what to expect rather than specific answers? I know that question is pretty much common sense but if you have doubts its best to ask! :smile:

How you finding the course so far? One friend whos in her 3rd year says she loves it but said it gets alot better after the 1st year as you only really do the simple and boring things in the 1st year, for obvious reasons.

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
I acutally found it one of the 'easiest' interviews ive done. Ive had a fair few uni interviews in the past and this one was the most relaxed ive had, they seemed more than happy to take time with the interview and allow me to expand on my experiences etc.
There was no panel either, mine was just one on one and rather relaxed really.

Yeh, the course can have quite a high drop out rate so i think they just look for people who have a good ground knowledge of what its all about. There are alot of preconcieved ideas of nursing which arent exactly the case, so a bit of research helps. I had no experience really, apart from having 3yrs of science/ health care qualifications behind me.

So far im liking the course. We're on a new curiculum this year so its a little different to what any 2nd/3rd years will have done.
With it being a CFP year, it is a year for basics but thats what is needed. We go out on placement quite early in the year (End of Oct), and then again the end of this month and again later in the year, which is good as you learn so much from being in practice.
Reply 4
Well had my interview today, was pretty much exactly as you said, was bricking it before hand but the interview itself was all good.

I even got asked the same supermarket question, thank god because i thought about it when you said it lol :smile:

Got accepted :smile:
Reply 5
ConceptX
Well had my interview today, was pretty much exactly as you said, was bricking it before hand but the interview itself was all good.

I even got asked the same supermarket question, thank god because i thought about it when you said it lol :smile:

congrats! I got accepted at UCLAN but decided on another uni Ive heard the nursing schools good though. Its odd because at UCLAN they offer you a place like half way through the actual interview lol, well they did with me it was unusual.
Reply 6
MiStYfire~
congrats! I got accepted at UCLAN but decided on another uni Ive heard the nursing schools good though. Its odd because at UCLAN they offer you a place like half way through the actual interview lol, well they did with me it was unusual.

Thanks :smile: I think im going to stay with UCLAN, i might see how MMU and Cumbria go but i'd be happy to go to UCLAN, did you have your interview today aswell or before?

Im glad they tell you there and then lol saves the horrible wait! Plus you can see the scores you give you for the questions which was good 2
Reply 7
Congratulations. :smile:

What branch you studying?
Reply 8
Thank you :smile:, Im going into Adult, cant wait :smile:
Reply 9
Thats what i currently do, you'll really enjoy it :smile:
Reply 10
Hi,

I have my interview in two weeks for UCLAN, Children's Nursing Degree could anybody give me any advice on what sort of questions they ask, I understand I will take part in a group exercise too

Many thanks
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Hello

I too have an interview at UCLAN tomorrow, I was just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on the current issues in the NHS that they may be interested to hear?

Also I was wondering exactly what would be happening?

Thanks
Sally
Reply 12
Original post by salsaa
Hello

I too have an interview at UCLAN tomorrow, I was just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on the current issues in the NHS that they may be interested to hear?

Also I was wondering exactly what would be happening?

Thanks
Sally

hey, did u apply for adult or child?i have my interview next week, what kind of things did u get asked?
i've been rejected my all this is my last hope!
thanks
Reply 13
Original post by ledger04
Hi,

I have my interview in two weeks for UCLAN, Children's Nursing Degree could anybody give me any advice on what sort of questions they ask, I understand I will take part in a group exercise too

Many thanks

hey,hope ur interview went good.
can u please tell me what kind of things u got asked?
ive been rejected by all other unis this is my last hope!
thanks
Reply 14
Original post by ConceptX

hey, did u apply for adult or child?i have my interview next week, what kind of things did u get asked? i know this is silly but what did say for the supermarket question?
i've been rejected my all this is my last hope!
thanks
Reply 15
Hey,

I have a group interview for the nursing (mental health) course next week at UCLAN. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect? :smile: Also, do you get accepted/declined on the day?

Thanks
Hi

I have just had an invitation for an interview in March! I was a student at UCLAN studying law but dropped out because I hated the subject, but loved the uni! Could this jeprodise my chances? Also can anyone tell me what the interviews are like? I am so nervous! I have applied for voluntary work at my hospital but I am just wating for CRB checks, so hopefully this well help my appication!

Kate x
Reply 17
Original post by DJRogers

Also, do you get accepted/declined on the day?

The format may have changed now as its been almost 2 year since my interview, but we got told on the day wheather we had a place or not.

Original post by lawbabekate

I was a student at UCLAN studying law but dropped out because I hated the subject, but loved the uni! Could this jeprodise my chances?

I doubt it. I did a year of a different degree (all be it healthcare related) before i went on to do my nursing. If anything i spun it as a positive, saying i understood the demands of degree level working etc as i had experienced it before.
Reply 18
Original post by DJRogers
Hey,

I have a group interview for the nursing (mental health) course next week at UCLAN. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect? :smile: Also, do you get accepted/declined on the day?

Thanks

hi can u pls tell me what kind of things u got asked?my interviews on wednesday dead nervous!
hope urs went good.
xo
Reply 19
Hi,

Ive just got an interview for UCLAN in March for adult nursing just wondering if anyone could give me any guidence on what sort of questions they ask.

Also do you need work experience ???

Thanks guys xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending