The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damamat
Has anyone heard any news for V100 History?

Yep, heard on 26 January - got an offer :smile: good luck with yours!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by darkdithy666
Has anyone heard anything about law? I'm completely freaking out :frown:

Yep, not too many people have around here, so there's probably a lot of offers left to give.
Reply 1622
Bath or Warwick for Politics and International relations/studies????
Original post by bramz19
Yep, not too many people have around here, so there's probably a lot of offers left to give.

When did you hear from them? and what offer did they give you? I hope your right it's my favourite uni and i'd really love an offer from them!! :colondollar:
Original post by darkdithy666
When did you hear from them? and what offer did they give you? I hope your right it's my favourite uni and i'd really love an offer from them!! :colondollar:

Got the offer on 26/01/2011, offer is AAAD/AAAc. Good luck!
Original post by andephilippe

Anyone heard of LLD2 Economics, Politics and International Studies ?

Nope :frown: I saw earlier on, on this thread that some people had been rejected for international studies tho.
Reply 1626
Anyone who has an offer for History what dud you get at GCSE abd AS out of innterest? Still witing and expecting a rejection now hanks (
Original post by MariannaConst
Is annnnyone still waiting to hear for Straight English Literature?
I know a lot of people with rejections/interviews but ive heard nothing!

I've got an interview for the 25th of Feb. If you haven't heard anything it's probably a good thing because it means they're considering you - they haven't rejected you straight away.
Reply 1628
got an offer today for Chemistry and Management
34 IB points, 6 in Chem, 5 in Bio, 5 in Math. Anything similar out there?
Reply 1629
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
I've got an interview for the 25th of Feb. If you haven't heard anything it's probably a good thing because it means they're considering you - they haven't rejected you straight away.

Out of interest - what are your GCSE grades and A level subjects? (I'm still waiting to hear back and I'm wondering if my GCSEs/choices are considered too weak... :redface:)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Vekeh
Out of interest - what are your GCSE grades and A level subjects? (I'm still waiting to hear back and I'm wondering if my GCSEs/choices are considered too weak... :redface:)

GCSE grades - all As apart from two A*s.
A level subjects: English Lang, English Lit, Fine Art and Chemistry - predicted A* and 3 As.

What are you taking? :smile:
Reply 1631
Original post by Great Lord Xenu
GCSE grades - all As apart from two A*s.
A level subjects: English Lang, English Lit, Fine Art and Chemistry - predicted A* and 3 As.

What are you taking? :smile:

Yeah, okay, we're not comparable at all :tongue:

I'm on a gap year and got A*A*Ab, which probably sounds great on paper until you see that they were in in Eng Lit, Psychology, Film Studies and Art & Design/Photography. Not exactly the wisest of subject combinations, I know.
Original post by StereoAngel
I'm going for modern history - got an offer a week ago, AAB + C at AS :smile: I'd love to do the whole thing, I'd love to study in Italy!

You have an offer? :O

This does not bode well for me... Well done though!
Anyone heard of LLD2 Economics, Politics and International Studies ?

I got an offer today for Economics, Politics and International Studies. The conditions are 38 points in IB including a 6 in HL maths :smile:
Reply 1634
Original post by Panda:)
got an offer for comparative american studies (history, literature and culture of the americas ... yes a very long-winded degree title), AAB
anyone else got an offer?? i know i'm unlikely to find someone cause it's a teeny tiny course, less than 30 students a year, according to the department guy i spoke to at the open day

I got an offer today - AAB too for the same course! Are you deferred or for 2011? where else have you applied?
Reply 1635
Original post by mjay123
I got an offer today - AAB too for the same course! Are you deferred or for 2011? where else have you applied?

I got an offer for this course just before Christmas, to start this October...so excited!
Original post by xwinter45x
I got an offer today for Economics, Politics and International Studies. The conditions are 38 points in IB including a 6 in HL maths :smile:

Oh when did you get it ?
Original post by dolly88
I got an offer for this course just before Christmas, to start this October...so excited!

Well done guys.. Still waiting.. and absolutely bricking it!
Reply 1638
Original post by frozzylove

I am the same...i just want to know either way now. :/ :frown:
Original post by frozzylove

Don't worry saucepot, s'all gonna be alright! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest