The Student Room Group

Dating someone who smokes roll-ups (eww) vs normal cigs?

This isn't a dig at smokers, but how the **** can one smoke roll-ups? They are disgusting and make me want to vomit at the smell and sight of them, I should imagine smoking a roll-up is not a very pleasant experience.

Personally I couldn't date a girl who smokes roll-ups. I actually have a smoking fetish and am turned on my girls who smoke normal cigs, such as this pic....

But as soon as I see a girl roll a rollie, it turns me right off. Girls who smoke rollies are kind of daggy and tacky in my opinion.

I would date a girl who smokes normal cigs, but I wouldn't date a girl who smokes roll-ups.

Anyone else agree?
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What's a roll-ups? I couldn't date a guy who smokes weed but I have a fetish with guys who smokes tobacco. :hubba:

No seriously.
Reply 2
Both are minging
Reply 3
Original post by kristinaalovesu
What's a roll-ups? I couldn't date a guy who smokes weed but I have a fetish with guys who smokes tobacco. :hubba:

No seriously.

:lolwut:

Where people roll up their own cigarettes? Wow...

But OP, are you mental or summet?
Reply 4
Original post by kristinaalovesu

No seriously.

Roll ups are when someone buys cigarette papers and tobacco seperately and then rolls up their own cigs. Basically it's what people who can't afford normal cigs do. Like in this pic...

Reply 5
Original post by zKlown
:lolwut:

Where people roll up their own cigarettes? Wow...

But OP, are you mental or summet?

No I'm not.

Kristena is American I believe, I don't think roll ups are so popular over there than in the UK.
Reply 6
Yeah, I bet smoking this tastes awful.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nerd_No_More

Original post by Nerd_No_More
Roll ups are when someone buys cigarette papers and tobacco seperately and then rolls up their own cigs. Basically it's what people who can't afford normal cigs do. Like in this pic...

Ooh. yeah that doesn't look good to me.
My current bf smokes roll-ups, and also weed - not really happy about either but it's him I want to be with, so I sort of put up with it. Apart from having a period of time after he's had a cigarette before his chewing gum kicks in where it's not nice to kiss him, it's not really a problem.
Reply 9
I don't like either of them.
Reply 10
Actually rollups taste far better than normal cigs and feel, to me at least, far less harsh on the lungs. Extra slim filters (what i use) are so much smaller than regular cigarette filters that when i smoke a straight now it feels like i'm smoking a cigar or something because it's so huge - not nice imo.

Besides, it's about half the price, which, when smoking is already so expensive, is a massive help. At my uni, probably about 2/3rds of the students smoke rollups. I wouldn't think a girl who smokes rollups was 'daggy and tacky' compared to one who smoked regular cigarettes.
Also - what does daggy even mean???
Reply 12
Both of them repulse me. =/
I don't think it's only people who cannot afford normal cigarettes. My former boss did that, and it definitely wasn't about the money. I think it's 1) a way to celebrate the act of smoking, sort of a mental preparation, and 2) it's more individualistic, you can roll it whichever way (thickness, form, etc.) you want. I understood that the shorter length of these roll-ups make them easier to smoke during short breaks etc.

I can't really understand how someone with a smoking fetish cannot like girls who smoke roll-ups, the mere act of smoking them is the same thing, they just look a bit different and take a few seconds to make beforehand. OP is weird.
Reply 14
I wouldn't want my bf to smoke, but if he or any guy did I wouldn't discriminate between rollups and normal cigarettes :dontknow:
I wouldn't date somebody who smoked either, whether it's a normal cigarette or a roll-up.
Reply 16
A roll up is healphyer ill have you know and t6he smell goes alot quiker and if you smoke a roll up you dont want one for longer than you would with taylor made so stop being so fussy unless you want to but the damm faggs
Just a different way of looking at it. I smoke roll ups to cut down. Would you rather date a girl who smoke 30s straight a day because it's too easy to just take them straight from a packet, or a girl who smokes ten roll ups a day? Plus yeah, at uni a lot more people roll because it is a hell of a lot cheaper.
Reply 18
I wouldn't go out with anyone who smokes. It's just disgusting and smelly.
Reply 19
Original post by nempozpag
Actually rollups taste far better than normal cigs and feel, to me at least, far less harsh on the lungs. Extra slim filters (what i use) are so much smaller than regular cigarette filters that when i smoke a straight now it feels like i'm smoking a cigar or something because it's so huge - not nice imo.

Besides, it's about half the price, which, when smoking is already so expensive, is a massive help. At my uni, probably about 2/3rds of the students smoke rollups. I wouldn't think a girl who smokes rollups was 'daggy and tacky' compared to one who smoked regular cigarettes.

Ditto. I'm a girl who smokes roll-ups.

Latest

Trending

Trending