The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
Well your doing better than what I did last year!!
I have to say I've been rather lucky this year, I got interviewed at peninsula and got an offer, BSMS rejected me after my interview. I was interviewed at Manchester in decemebrr and there still making me wait!!! :/
St Andrews is my last interview an also my top choice, I soooo want to get in there, I'm scared like you as well because I don't think I'm strong enough academically and so I think I won't get a high enough score :frown:
When did St Andrews interview you?

Were you expecting a rejection from BSMS cos' I had an Aberdeen interview yesterday and felt it went OK overall but I messed up like 2-3 questions :frown:
I answered all of the questions, but they didn't have any structure, but take the stuttering out and I think my answers would have been reasonably decent otherwise.

arghhh....dont know what to think of it
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by garlicbreadman
Were you expecting a rejection from BSMS cos' I had an Aberdeen interview yesterday and felt it went OK overall but I messed up like 2-3 questions :frown:
I answered all of the questions, but they didn't have any structure, but take the stuttering out and I think my answers would have been reasonably decent otherwise.

Same situation for my St. Andrews interview mate, I would guess the majority of candidates that the universities interview like this. I'm just hoping the answers I gave between my stuttering were enough.
Reply 802
Original post by garlicbreadman

Yes and no, I gave some good answers to the questions but I made a really bad mistake on the why medicine questions and so I think that got me rejected hha, they kinda criticised me as well when I said I thought medicine was fast pased. I think it was because it was my first one I was nervous as well and I realised that I kept licking my lips hahaha what an idiot!! Also it depends of the interviewers, some may like you, others not, when I got rejection feedback one of them gave me the highest mark while another one gave me the middle mark, it's often down to luck :/
You can never tell though, I thought my peninsula one went awfully and yet they made me an offer :/
Original post by Carter BSc
Same situation for my St. Andrews interview mate, I would guess the majority of candidates that the universities interview like this. I'm just hoping the answers I gave between my stuttering were enough.

Yes and no, I gave some good answers to the questions but I made a really bad mistake on the why medicine questions and so I think that got me rejected hha, they kinda criticised me as well when I said I thought medicine was fast pased. I think it was because it was my first one I was nervous as well and I realised that I kept licking my lips hahaha what an idiot!! Also it depends of the interviewers, some may like you, others not, when I got rejection feedback one of them gave me the highest mark while another one gave me the middle mark, it's often down to luck :/
You can never tell though, I thought my peninsula one went awfully and yet they made me an offer :/

Thanks for taking the time to post guys! Much appreciated!
Overall I felt it went ok and I didn't get a negative aura off the interviewers at the end which can only be good. But then again my interviewers were experienced.
Just have 2 wait and see, but it's cos this is my first and only interview and I only have 1 more uni left (Edinburgh which Im not too hopeful for :frown:)
Reply 804
Original post by KCosmo
nice for getting an offer! 25th of January I think, when's yours?
I think I'm going to have to wait until the end of March now until I hear back, good or bad :frown:

Mines on the 16th feb, are you scottish or english then?
Well i dont mind waiting as long as i get an offer hahaa
Reply 805
Just had my interview...wasn't too bad!! :s-smilie:
good luck to everyone else who has one! I hope they reply to me soon, i'm not up for more of this waiting!!
Reply 806
I just had my interview and I never could've imagined such a wonderful interview as the one I had!!!! My interviewers were just amazing!!! :smile: I'm hoping for the best, if I do somehow manage to get an offer, I'd definitely firm it!!! :smile:

It was definitely like a chat, sometimes serious, sometimes having a laugh :biggrin: It was great!!! :smile:
Reply 807
Mines on the 16th feb, are you scottish or english then?
Well i dont mind waiting as long as i get an offer hahaa

Scottish, fortunately my broad Glaswegian accent doesn't come across when I type :tongue:
Reply 808
Original post by filea
I just had my interview and I never could've imagined such a wonderful interview as the one I had!!!! My interviewers were just amazing!!! :smile: I'm hoping for the best, if I do somehow manage to get an offer, I'd definitely firm it!!! :smile:

It was definitely like a chat, sometimes serious, sometimes having a laugh :biggrin: It was great!!! :smile:

Well done! That's how I felt after my interview, I made them laugh a couple of times aswell :biggrin: Is St Andrew's your first choice?
Reply 809
[QUOTE="ukcathater;29807885"]
Original post by filea

It was definitely like a chat, sometimes serious, sometimes having a laugh :biggrin: It was great!!! :smile:[/QUOTE
Why what's wrong with Sheffield?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Sheffield! I really liked the place and thought I'd be firming it and not caring about my next interviews, but once I was at St Andrews and after the interview, I just fell in love xD It just felt right, "more right" than Sheffield anyway :smile: I think it was because they were soooo nice during the interview! They were horrible to me at Sheffield, but at least they still gave me an offer xD I'd love an offer from St. Andrews, if not I'm happy I have Sheffield to fall back on :smile:
Reply 810
Original post by KCosmo
Well done! That's how I felt after my interview, I made them laugh a couple of times aswell :biggrin: Is St Andrew's your first choice?

They were sooo nice!!! :smile: Well, I just recently decided that I prefer St Andrews over my other choices so I do hope that I get an offer from there! :smile: If not, at least I have Sheffield to fall back on :smile: I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got an offer though :biggrin:

I just wanted to sit there and talk to them for ages, especially to the student, he actually KNEW what my summer research project was about, I was impressed! :biggrin: The woman was nice too :smile:

All in all, it was just great :smile: Is it your first choice?
Reply 811
Original post by KCosmo
Scottish, fortunately my broad Glaswegian accent doesn't come across when I type :tongue:

Haha that made me chuckle!
Reply 812
Original post by filea
They were sooo nice!!! :smile: Well, I just recently decided that I prefer St Andrews over my other choices so I do hope that I get an offer from there! :smile: If not, at least I have Sheffield to fall back on :smile: I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got an offer though :biggrin:

I just wanted to sit there and talk to them for ages, especially to the student, he actually KNEW what my summer research project was about, I was impressed! :biggrin: The woman was nice too :smile:

All in all, it was just great :smile: Is it your first choice?

Its so nice to hear you liked the interview so much, im really looking forward to mine now!!
Im curious now, what was your research project on?
Reply 813
Its so nice to hear you liked the interview so much, im really looking forward to mine now!!
Im curious now, what was your research project on?

I won't write my entire thesis since it just bores people out and noone understands anyway... but I can say that we mainly investigated on the effects on the dna-methylation pattern when you don't have a functional B-WICH chromatin remodeling complex as its WSTF component is suppressed... In other words, a lot on dna-methylation, chromatin remodeling and histone-methylation.

Good luck on your interview! Hope they treat you well too :smile:
Reply 814
Original post by filea
I won't write my entire thesis since it just bores people out and noone understands anyway... but I can say that we mainly investigated on the effects on the dna-methylation pattern when you don't have a functional B-WICH chromatin remodeling complex as its WSTF component is suppressed... In other words, a lot on dna-methylation, chromatin remodeling and histone-methylation.

Good luck on your interview! Hope they treat you well too :smile:

Wow, that went over my head haha. Thanks :smile:
Reply 815
Wow, that went over my head haha. Thanks :smile:

hahaha at least you were interested and actually read whatever I wrote xD some stop at "research project" xD hahahaha
Reply 816
Original post by filea
hahaha at least you were interested and actually read whatever I wrote xD some stop at "research project" xD hahahaha

It's because I'm nosy and inquisitive haha
Also because I did a research project myself, no where near the league of yours though!!
Are you a graduate?
Reply 817
It's because I'm nosy and inquisitive haha
Also because I did a research project myself, no where near the league of yours though!!
Are you a graduate?

Hehe it's always good to be curious I believe! :biggrin: Ooooh really??? :smile: What did you do your research project on? :smile:

No actually I'm still at school, I'm in my last year of what we call "gymnasium" here in Sweden, which is senior high-ish :P Complicated system xD
I am looking fordward to my interview too now!!
I am looking fordward to my interview too now!!
I'm not!! Heard UCL interviews are quite friendly and mine was horrible! Let's hope this one goes better :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending