The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im considering it.
can anyone sell it to me please? lol
:smile:
wow, looks like Birmingham did a lot of offers today.

AAB conditional from Birmingham - my first offer. to be honest i'm completely surprised since my application was sent off at the start of January but yeah.. just so, so happy right now.
Reply 1622
yeh looks like birminghams economics department are quite active in the offers past few days, i got mine yesterday final offer needed which took like a month longer than my 2nd last lol
Reply 1623
looks like i'm the only one w/o a bham offer aha, i'll probably hear in the next batch of rejections.
Reply 1624
Original post by Wezzler
looks like i'm the only one w/o a bham offer aha, i'll probably hear in the next batch of rejections.

nope, i still haven't heard.
Original post by thesnowman
What subject was the B in? and was this carried on to A2, and still stated the grade rather than leaving it as pending? Well done for getting the offer though. They did say in the e-mail that most offer holders had straight A's at AS and A predictions, so you seem to be in the minority.

The B was in AS French, I did drop it and yes I stated it on UCAS rather than leave it as pending.
Original post by THEWAYIAM
The B was in AS French, I did drop it and yes I stated it on UCAS rather than leave it as pending.

SHET, I got a B in politics and continued it onto A level, Still aint heard back from Bath hopping to get offer but this looks worrying (Politics is my forth A level) any ideas on whether they still disadvantage?
How long do warwick usually take?!?
Reply 1628
Original post by rubberdam123
How long do warwick usually take?!?

Forever and I'm not joking.
Reply 1629
Hi, Im new to all of this
I am in my gap year and applied to study Economics having achieved ABB (Maths, Chemistry, Biology) but resitting some modules to improve my grades due to family issues in my last yr of A levels.

Anyway, my friend who went to the same school as me got AAAB in maths, chem, bio and law and is also in a gap year.
So far my friend has been rejected by Bristol, Nottingham, UCL and LSE, still awaiting a response from Warwick.
My friend's plan for the Gap year was laid out in their personal statement, which included work experience at Morgan Stanley and learning a new language as well as several other things which I wont go into detail now.

The thing is I got ABB and managed to get an offer of AAA from Nottingham, as I am resitting exams in this gap year which is technically my third year of A levels. I just dont get how could I get an offer given that my gap year plan was to redo exams when someone with AAAB gets rejected even though in their gap year they r doing something a lot more productive than I am.

Is this right? Is it normal? I personally feel really outraged by how unfair these decisions have been? All in all is there a way to compain about this, would a decision be reconsidered in a situation like this? How can someone less qualified get an offer and someone with better grades get rejected??
Original post by THEWAYIAM

Then that is probably why, on the open day they implied that they trust your AS's a lot more than predicted grades, and that your chances are slim if you didn't get A's in the subjects you do to A2. My B in Eco was not only an A2, but in the subject I wanted to study at uni, so that probably played a factor too

Original post by Simon_Sbk
SHET, I got a B in politics and continued it onto A level, Still aint heard back from Bath hopping to get offer but this looks worrying (Politics is my forth A level) any ideas on whether they still disadvantage?

If its one of 4 A levels I doubt it would matter as much, because you suggest that you have 3 other AS's at A grade - and considering you still haven't heard back I wouldn't be worried
Loughborough AAB

I like the course, but the % coming out with 2:1's worry me :frown:
Unconditional to Exeter. :smile: So happy!
Politics and Economics
Keele University
Unconditional
Bath? Anyone?
Original post by angelic03
Bath? Anyone?

Waiting :smile:
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Waiting :smile:

me too..
me too..

Samee. Anyone got any idea when they're going to make the rest of there decisions? Anyone else still waiting on Bristol aswell?
Reply 1638
Has anyone heard from Durham or Edinburgh? They're the only 2 I've got to hear from, just wondering how long they take :smile:
Bath? Anyone?

Nah, I don't really like baths... much prefer a shower to be honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending