another one still waiting here... good luck to us all :smile:
Original post by economics12
These are the offers I have so far.
Oxford :colondollar:
LSE :biggrin:
Nottingham :smile:

Got a rejection from Bath :confused:
Still waiting for York.

To be given offers by those 3 and rejected by Bath is truly unusual. Do you by any chance not do Economics at A-Level or have a B at AS? Well done on your offers, anyway.
Original post by angelic03
Bath? Anyone?

Got an offer a week back. They wanted A*AA
Reply 1645
These are the offers I have so far.
Oxford :colondollar:
LSE :biggrin:
Nottingham :smile:

Got a rejection from Bath :confused:
Still waiting for York.

Wow nice!

Do you mind telling me what your GCSE's and A-level grades are like so I can see if i have a chance next year? (I want to apply to basically the same places as you have! :P)

Just out of interest, will you firm LSE or Oxford?
Original post by john0401
To be given offers by those 3 and rejected by Bath is truly unusual. Do you by any chance not do Economics at A-Level or have a B at AS? Well done on your offers, anyway.

This is why I am confused. At AS level I got AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History and Biology. And I know they like straight A's at AS which I have.

My A2 predictions are A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History.
So I don't understand why they rejected me.
Original post by tateco
Wow nice!

Do you mind telling me what your GCSE's and A-level grades are like so I can see if i have a chance next year? (I want to apply to basically the same places as you have! :P)

Just out of interest, will you firm LSE or Oxford?

10A*'s at GCSE, which was all of my GCSE's.
AS level results were AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, History, Economics and Biology.

A2 Predictions are A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History.
Already have an A* in general studies.

Which one will I firm is the biggest question. At the moment I am thinking Oxford because it is so amazing :colondollar:. But I'm constantly changing my mind between the two.
Original post by thesnowman
Just for people who applied to Bath and got rejected, they seem to have stuck by what they said on their open day that they reject people without straight A's at AS and Predictions. They replied back to me with regards to my rejection (first rejection cycle after the deadline which they said is when they would reply to me) saying the reason the admissions tutor wrote down that he rejected me was because of a B in AS, and that most offer holders will have received straight A's. It seems Bath focused on the AS grades quite heavily in their early decision making process.

Fraid bath offered me A*AA with AAAB at as with a b in english (and they saw that)
Reply 1649
10A*'s at GCSE, which was all of my GCSE's.
AS level results were AAAAA in Maths, Further Maths, History, Economics and Biology.

A2 Predictions are A*A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, Economics and History.
Already have an A* in general studies.

Which one will I firm is the biggest question. At the moment I am thinking Oxford because it is so amazing :colondollar:. But I'm constantly changing my mind between the two.

:O wow, you deserve it! :P Do you go to a private school? Were your UMS high (particularly in Maths?). I'd probably pick Oxford, ooh I don't know :L LSE is so good as well, actually I'd pick LSE. Pure economics interests me personally much more and a degree from there would just be mind blowing.
Original post by tateco
:O wow, you deserve it! :P Do you go to a private school? Were your UMS high (particularly in Maths?). I'd probably pick Oxford, ooh I don't know :L LSE is so good as well, actually I'd pick LSE. Pure economics interests me personally much more and a degree from there would just be mind blowing.

Thank you. Yes I did go to private school.
Core 1 (100) Core 2 (96) Decision (97) so in total I got 293/300.

I agree a degree from LSE is mind blowing and it is so hard to choose between the two because they are both truly excellent.
Original post by tateco

What are you currently studying and what are your predicted grades?
What are current choices to apply to?
Anyone heard back from UCL yet, waiting on both L100 and L101
Original post by rollinstone36

My friend got rejected a while back for L101.
Reply 1654
What are you currently studying and what are your predicted grades?
What are current choices to apply to?

Subjects are in my sig, predicted A's in all of them at AS. Hoping to take up further maths AS next year grades permitting and will probably job Biology, leaving me with a pretty strong set of A2's. I'm applying next year and will apply to the same places as you did except maybe not LSE (I only got 5 A*'s at GCSE). But I go to a pretty average state school so hoping they can overlook my "poor" GCSE's. My dream uni would probably be Oxford/LSE but I'd be really happy with Bath or Nottingham too :smile:
International student or uk?
Original post by rollinstone36

Yh I know, tell me about it!

This wait is killing me.

Out of interest, what is your academic profile like? Just want to judge my competition :P hahaha
Original post by GoldenApple
Yh I know, tell me about it!

This wait is killing me.

Out of interest, what is your academic profile like? Just want to judge my competition :P hahaha

Not great GCSEs 3A* 2A 3B and a C but there was a death in the family at the time so the universities consider that

At AS maths A, economics A, physics A, art B

Predicted A*A*A in maths economics and physics which is the A

Also a member of mensa which i mentioned on my personal statement however i don't know if that would count towards anything
Original post by tateco
Subjects are in my sig, predicted A's in all of them at AS. Hoping to take up further maths AS next year grades permitting and will probably job Biology, leaving me with a pretty strong set of A2's. I'm applying next year and will apply to the same places as you did except maybe not LSE (I only got 5 A*'s at GCSE). But I go to a pretty average state school so hoping they can overlook my "poor" GCSE's. My dream uni would probably be Oxford/LSE but I'd be really happy with Bath or Nottingham too :smile:

I think you should give LSE a shot as you do have the average GCSE grades.
But I think you should put some lower unis in their such as York Birmingham which are still good because I have good grades and I got rejected from Bath.

Also one of my friends who applied to do Mathematics at Oxford got rejected because his GCSE grades were insuffiecent, he had 6A*.
Reply 1659
I think you should give LSE a shot as you do have the average GCSE grades.
But I think you should put some lower unis in their such as York Birmingham which are still good because I have good grades and I got rejected from Bath.

Also one of my friends who applied to do Mathematics at Oxford got rejected because his GCSE grades were insuffiecent, he had 6A*.

Yeah, they say that after rejection but you don't get rejected because of "poor" GCSE's that is just one of the excuses for the rejection. Besides Oxbridge normally only use GCSE grades as an indication of how good you are compared to fellow students in your school, 6 A*'s from a private school probably put him below average in your school whereas my GCSE grades were pretty much top.

Latest

Trending

Trending