University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LostHorizons
Huzzah, English :biggrin:

It's going to be awesome :biggrin:
What language are you planning on taking?
University of York
York
Original post by strawbs104
It's going to be awesome :biggrin:
What language are you planning on taking?

I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to take French and do the Symbolism module :smile: I sometimes feel tempted to do Latin or Anglo-Saxon, but that's probably not really going to happen :tongue: Yourself?
Yay, nice to see lots of new and enthusiastic people coming to York next year! You'll be the freshers then :colone:

If anyone has any questions about York, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 23
Name: Deema

Course: English and Related Literature

Offer: Conditional (AAA)

Favourite accommodation: Langwith College

Any other info: This is literally the university I've dreamed of since I first visited in 2001, CANNOT WAIT!
Reply 24
I'm 99.9% certain I'm going to take French and do the Symbolism module :smile: I sometimes feel tempted to do Latin or Anglo-Saxon, but that's probably not really going to happen :tongue: Yourself?

I can't choose... I could continue Spanish but I think I'd rather start a new language, so either French or Italian :smile:. Only problem with this course is that I'll never be able to choose between all the modules, they all look really interesting :rolleyes:
Hallo! Was wondering when one of these would turn up o_o

*feels old; lurks*
I can't choose... I could continue Spanish but I think I'd rather start a new language, so either French or Italian :smile:. Only problem with this course is that I'll never be able to choose between all the modules, they all look really interesting :rolleyes:

True! Have you read through the descriptions of the individual modules? I've started trying to plan out my degree already :redface:
Reply 27
True! Have you read through the descriptions of the individual modules? I've started trying to plan out my degree already :redface:

No!!! Where can I find them??
This sounds like the perfect excuse for me to continue obsessing over next year :biggrin:
I am so bored of gap yearing now...
No!!! Where can I find them??
This sounds like the perfect excuse for me to continue obsessing over next year :biggrin:
I am so bored of gap yearing now...

Here and here :smile: I've clearly spent far too much time mooching around the website :redface:

I'm quite enjoying my gap year so far! It can be a little bit boring, and I sometimes wonder whether I'd be happier if I'd gone straight to York last October, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with it so far :smile: Why did you decide to take a gap year?
For economics you can choose a module from another department to gain credits for, i think this is true for all other courses too.Im hoping to possibly pick a module from their maths department should be great compliment alongside my economics Im not sure in which year you can do this extra module from another department , if anyone knows it will be helpful.
Name: Nicola

Course: Biochemistry! With year in industry maybe

Offer: Unconditional (ABB)

Favourite Accommodation: James College

Any other info: I'm bored of my gap year, hurry up October!!

DOES anyone know when we get a York IT account for accommodation etc if you've got an unconditional???
Reply 31
Original post by Vamp1reWeekend
Name: Nicola

Course: Biochemistry! With year in industry maybe

Offer: Unconditional (ABB)

Favourite Accommodation: James College

Any other info: I'm bored of my gap year, hurry up October!!

DOES anyone know when we get a York IT account for accommodation etc if you've got an unconditional???

its the beginning of August, from what i remember
Original post by JoshC
its the beginning of August, from what i remember

Thanks!
Do people who apply early get their pick of anything they like, or is some accommodation held back until A level results day?
Reply 34

Do people who apply early get their pick of anything they like, or is some accommodation held back until A level results day?

from what i can work out, everythings available to gap years (apart from Wentworth). But some will be held until results day. But you will get the college you want.. i think. :p:
Original post by JoshC
from what i can work out, everythings available to gap years (apart from Wentworth). But some will be held until results day. But you will get the college you want.. i think. :p:

Hooray :biggrin:
Reply 36
Here and here :smile: I've clearly spent far too much time mooching around the website :redface:

I'm quite enjoying my gap year so far! It can be a little bit boring, and I sometimes wonder whether I'd be happier if I'd gone straight to York last October, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with it so far :smile: Why did you decide to take a gap year?

Thank you!!! You're a star :smile: Haha you're clearly better at mooching than me, thought I'd looked everywhere!

Mmm my gap year was definitely unplanned :rolleyes: very long story, but it's all worked out for the best I suppose, and at least I'll have saved some money :smile:. What are your plans for the year?
Thank you!!! You're a star :smile: Haha you're clearly better at mooching than me, thought I'd looked everywhere!

Mmm my gap year was definitely unplanned :rolleyes: very long story, but it's all worked out for the best I suppose, and at least I'll have saved some money :smile:. What are your plans for the year?

My gap year's taught me to be great at spending hours aimlessly surfing websites :wink:

My plans aren't really very interesting, I'd just like to save up some money and enjoy having plenty of spare, stress-free time to do lots of reading :smile: It sounds a bit weird when I say 'Oh, I took a gap year to read', but I'm probably the worst-read English applicant ever, and I feel like I'll get more out of the degree if I've read more widely and have a better idea of what I do and don't like by the time I start. Have you got any gap year plans other than saving up money?
Reply 38
Name: Andrew

Course: Mathematics (MMath)

Offer: Conditional (AAB)

Favourite Accommodation: James College - Haven't looked around but a) It's the home of the maths department so can sleep for ages, b) it's near the sports facilities, c) the common room looked ace. Can tell I put a lot of thought into it :P Apparently "everyone" applies for james' though...

Any other info: Awesomely looking forward to it - would like to get chatting to some peeps on the same course/in general beforehand though! Send me a message if you want to chat :biggrin:! Look forward to hopefully seeing you all come Sep/Oct ;D!
Have a wee lookee at this.

Fancy deferring a year? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending