The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Okinawa

Also, rumors surfacing that Chelsea are going to bid 50 mil for Cesc in the summer?!! Feel slightly sick just thinking about it.

We wouldn't accept 50m from Chelsea and Cesc wouldn't join them anyway
Reply 3401
Original post by Economist
We wouldn't accept 50m from Chelsea and Cesc wouldn't join them anyway

True and its not like we are in debt so I dont see us being forced to sell him. Therefore, when he leaves it will be to Barca and on our own terms. Good news though, they feel the dealings in this window will make us raise the price and so are reluctant to go for him. :biggrin:
Yeah, Cesc would only leave us to join Barca, and I can't see him going for anything below what Torres went for. Even if they say they aren't going to go for him, they definitely will as usual in the summer, although hopefully they'll go for him with more respect this time rather than trying to unsettle him for months.
Reply 3403
Did you guys watch the match? How was Eriksen? We're supposed to be interested in him.
Original post by Abiraleft
How was Eriksen?

****in' phenomenal. Very impressive. His stock's probably gone up a fair bit now though.
Match facts: Arsenal v Barcelona

:colonhash:

Arsenal have scored a joint-competition-high 18 goals in the Champions League this season.

Arsenal and Barcelona have been drawn together three times in Europe, the 1999-2000 Group Stage, the 2006 final and last season’s quarter final, with Arsenal winning none and losing three of the five games.

There have been red cards in three of the five matches between Barcelona and Arsenal.

No team from continental Europe has won away at Arsenal in the Champions League since Inter beat the Gunners 3-0 in September 2003 a run of 36 games with the only defeats coming against English sides (Chelsea and Manchester Utd).

Only two teams (Barcelona and Manchester United have scored more than once in 33 Champions League games at the Emirates, with 21 sides failing to score at all.

Arsenal have won penalties in eight of their last 11 Champions league games at the Emirates Stadium and each of their last five.

Arsenal have kept just one clean sheet in their last eight Champions League games.

Lionel Messi has scored 13 goals in his last 11 Champions League starts including four in one game against Arsenal.

Arsenal hit the target with 63% of their shots in the Group Stage, the highest percentage in the competition.

Barcelona had the tightest defence in the group stage, allowing their opponents just eight shots on target against them.

Marouane Chamakh has scored three goals from just six shots in Europe this season.

Barcelona have made the semi-finals of the Champions League in the last three seasons.
Opta
'Marouane Chamakh has scored three goals from just six shots in Europe this season.'

Probably because he never shoots, :colonhash:
It's because he's great.
Erikson was class. That cross for the Denmark goal was awesome.

Our Jack was good too, especially considering he was playing a fairly unfamiliar role.

Anyway, Messi, here's hoping he gets stuck in traffic on the way to the airport.
Original post by Colonel.
It's because he's great.

:toofunny:

Just do us all a favour and take him out of your fantasy football team.
Original post by Overmars
:toofunny:

Just do us all a favour and take him out of your fantasy football team.

No :colonhash:

He's keeping the captaincy too :colonhash:
Reply 3411
No team from continental Europe has won away at Arsenal in the Champions League since Inter beat the Gunners 3-0 in September 2003 - Sounds good :biggrin:
Reply 3412
JK.
OP
Original post by jit987
No team from continental Europe has won away at Arsenal in the Champions League since Inter beat the Gunners 3-0 in September 2003 - Sounds good :biggrin:

The return result of that game sounds equally good. :moon:
Reply 3413
Original post by JK.

Haha yeh.
Original post by JK.

Mod? :facepalm2:

Tell me this is a mistake :colonhash:
Reply 3416
JK.
OP
Original post by In2deep
Mod? :facepalm2:

Tell me this is a mistake :colonhash:

I hope you're not being offensive to a mod. :colonhash:
Henrys performance in that game is unforgettable. The closest you could get to one player destroying a team. No-one could have stopped him that day.
Original post by JK.
I hope you're not being offensive to a mod. :colonhash:

Admin abuse.
I remember Aliadiere skinning someone in that match. Yep. Aliadiere.

Latest