The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmerz1
hey, when did ur AES update? and congrats! Van Mildert is the college I want to get into, but I have an open application

Thanks; mine just updated today, so i'm sure your's will soon.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Dat_Ngyuen

Original post by Dat_Ngyuen
Really. Ive heard nothing but fun remarks about formals. The fact they get spread out after michaelmas term makes them less tedious to. Coming from London where I usually travel (Cycle) 10 miles + to go to parties/Hang out, the distance between Baileys and the Hill is laughable to me.

So my logic was simply if I choose a college with formals etc. and I dont like them that much then I can branch out into the other colleges that do other stuff rather than vice versa with non-formal colleges. If your sociable in class, sports or societies you are bound to know a bunch of people at every college.

Quote I saw was on the "offering a college swap" thread from "Jelkin" on 17/4/10. It read:

"Haha, this. The starter was the wateriest soup ever (think Cuppa soup), the main was a really dry and tough pork somethingorother with bland soggy vegetables at the side and the dessert was a piece of really dry "fudge" cake, which tasted a bit like it had been spiked with cannabis to me. I was really disappointed! Also, High Table gets different (better) food, wtf? And there are people walking around waiting to give you spot fines if you do so much as take a photograph, and you get told you have to leave right away after the meal. Apparently you used to have to leave as soon as High Table was finished. Not to mention that the gowns are really annoying and the "corking" system is far too brutal to be enjoyable.

The hall is nice though."
I received a letter yesterday confirming Stephenson college which is what I'd put down on the application :-)

From what I can tell the following have also had offers and colleges allocated for Biomed:

Stevo:
Wailinza (yes)
MessyRoom
RadioHawk

John Snow:
GreyFox
Kristinalovesu
SeasickSteve

Be great to see how many others there are that have had offers and colleges allocated??

I've also just booked to go to the open day on the 16th March. Who else is going - stick a yes next to your name?
Reply 3783
Original post by The Rogue Trader

Original post by The Rogue Trader
Thanks; mine just updated today, so i'm sure your's will soon.

haha, yer mine updated just today. Got Trevelyan :smile: anyone know what its like? I heard its quite small, and has good music/art which I'm happy about :biggrin:
Reply 3784
Law at Hild-Bede:smile:
Reply 3785
I got an offer last night :smile:
Hurra, finally! :woo:
Original post by Sappho

About time and totally deserved :smile:
Reply 3787
Original post by Noodlzzz
About time and totally deserved :smile:

Awww, thank you, thant's so kind:redface:
Have you heard yet actually?
Original post by Sappho

Congrats!
Original post by Wailinza
I received a letter yesterday confirming Stephenson college which is what I'd put down on the application :-)

From what I can tell the following have also had offers and colleges allocated for Biomed:

Stevo:
Wailinza (yes)
MessyRoom
RadioHawk

John Snow:
GreyFox
Kristinalovesu
SeasickSteve

Be great to see how many others there are that have had offers and colleges allocated??

I've also just booked to go to the open day on the 16th March. Who else is going - stick a yes next to your name?

Stephenson College also! I won't be attending the open day though ... :smile: x
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Keeps you fit, builds up stamina, its all good :smile: And ye of course I think that! I respect the jazz pianists though, they are cool, thats a skill in itself :smile: I had fun with one of my jazz friends the other day, him on piano, me on the drum kit (i cant play drums) and we went for 15 minutes :smile: At my school, its more like they can play the Mozart and Chopin better than I can, though the Einaudi bug is going round the amateur pianists, but thankfully the music teacher BANNED it :biggrin:
You will be fine without further maths! If you are reading the books, you will be well ahead, so you will be well ahead, so what are your other subjects?

:biggrin: I respect them immensely but it would be nice if I got noticed :wink:. But jamming is so much fun! Ah no, the Einaudi bug hit about 2 years ago so now it's only the real amateurs :wink: (but the trouble is I actually like Einaudi - it was just overplayed!)
Ah thanks! Well I do Physics and Maths (obviously :wink:) and English Literature and Music. So not all 'Science'y but my application I hope shows that I am good at them, I just didn't get to fit them in at A level! (In my world I would like to do about 9 A levels if there was just more time :rolleyes:)
Just got a letter through. Been offered Trevelyan (sp?) since Collingwood is full. Had a quick look online and it looks alright so I suppose I'm quite pleased with that.

Anyone visited it? Thoughts?
Reply 3792
My personal link on the aes has changed to St Cuth's so does that mean I've got Cuth's? Still waiting for the letter-really hope it is!
Reply 3793
Original post by phoeberg
My personal link on the aes has changed to St Cuth's so does that mean I've got Cuth's? Still waiting for the letter-really hope it is!

It seems like! Congrats on that :smile:
Original post by sanksta
That seems a bit ridiculous of them! :s-smilie:
Hope you manage to change to somewhere better in the end!

No chance of moving - unlikely to go to Durham at all now :/
Hope your application is more successful than mine!
Reply 3795
Original post by SecretSmiles

That does seem really silly of them - at least whichever uni you go to instead is clearly a lot friendlier and more helpful...
I think I'm just going to leave worrying about mine until the Open Day in March...
Original post by SecretSmiles

Which college have you been put in? Ring them up to discuss your disability. Also you can contact DUSSD (google them) who can also advise you.

If your college can't accommodate you (very unlikely), DUSSD can help you change college. :smile:
Hi all, does Durham give out overs over half-term?
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Hi all, does Durham give out overs over half-term?

universities don't have half terms ...
so yes :smile:
WHERE IS MY OFFER OR REJECTION KEEPING ME WAITING IS AWFUL :eek:
Anyone else still waiting?

Latest

Trending

Trending