The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

How good or rubbish is Hertfordshire Uni...And type of people (chavs...etc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Nessie31
well its up to you i've heard horror stories and I know someone that loves it (computer science he studies btw ) i've applied but I live in Hemel Hempstead so i'm used to ignoring skanks and I'd be living at home!

Haha, I'm from Hemel too. This is our chance to break out of here! I'm taking it with both hands, even if it is just to Hatfield. :wink:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Withered
Haha, I'm from Hemel too. This is our chance to break out of here! I'm taking it with both hands, even if it is just to Hatfield. :wink:

where abouts? what sixth form? yh i hate it here because far too many people round here know secrets about me that I find out about a few years later - thanks a not adam(dad)!!
Reply 82
1 week till I go visit, so I will be letting you know by my observation what type of people go there.
Reply 83
Original post by dan_lock
1 week till I go visit, so I will be letting you know by my observation what type of people go there.

curious to what you are going to say :tongue:
Ive heard that the majority of people living on Dehav are all asians. Is this actually true?

From what i've seen, the majority of the University's Asian and Black people are at DeHav.

So, if you think you get along better with white people, come to College Lane, cos' there's not many Black or Asian people staying here.
Reply 85
Original post by Nessie31
where abouts? what sixth form? yh i hate it here because far too many people round here know secrets about me that I find out about a few years later - thanks a not adam(dad)!!

Well, I was at Longdean. But I left, I'm 20 now and am doing an access course. :smile:
Reply 86
Batchwood is full of pervs and chavs, avoid at all costs!
Reply 87
Original post by Withered

Haha! :smile:
Reply 88
Came to visit for computer science today. On college lane there was mainly white and asian people but on dehav it was mainly black. Didnt like the college lane campus I saw as it felt like prison (got shown the double room £65 each) The second one on college lane the person never opened the door which is quite anoying. The dehav rooms seemed the best but im not sure I will get along with the people on it.
Reply 89
Came to visit for computer science today. On college lane there was mainly white and asian people but on dehav it was mainly black. Didnt like the college lane campus I saw as it felt like prison (got shown the double room £65 each) The second one on college lane the person never opened the door which is quite anoying. The dehav rooms seemed the best but im not sure I will get along with the people on it.

Why aren't you sure you'll get along with the people on dehav? I can only assume, from the fact that you seemed to be very aware of the racial breakdown of the campuses, that it's because dehav consists of 'mainly black'. Maybe you should grow up, or go to university in a city like Liverpool, instead.
Reply 90
Well first of all they were all playing loud black african music which I dont like, secondly I dont want to be like the one white guy.
Reply 91
Well first of all they were all playing loud black african music which I dont like, secondly I dont want to be like the one white guy.

I'm sure they weren't all playing music. And what is 'black' music. Also, you obviously wouldn't be 'the one white guy'. Basically, you're a racist. You don't like black people is what you're saying.

I hope everyone isn't like this at Herts, I was looking forward to mixing with a whole range of people. Is it racially divided, anyone?
Reply 92
Original post by Converse
I'm sure they weren't all playing music. And what is 'black' music. Also, you obviously wouldn't be 'the one white guy'. Basically, you're a racist. You don't like black people is what you're saying.

I hope everyone isn't like this at Herts, I was looking forward to mixing with a whole range of people. Is it racially divided, anyone?

I must say I was quite irritated, too, by seeing how many people were asking about the ethnic mix and annoyed by Asians and Blacks...?!
Reply 93

Original post by MousePad
I must say I was quite irritated, too, by seeing how many people were asking about the ethnic mix and annoyed by Asians and Blacks...?!

I don't understand this either. Im in my second year now and none of this was ever a problem to me. Some people worry way too much and put too much stress on the ethnic minorities. The university of Hertfordshire is very diverse and represents society in my view. I can imagine that if you are from parts of the UK where there aren't too many ethnic minorities it may seem like there are loads of foreign people, but I don't see any difference when walking around in London.

To say that all ''black people'' play loud music is unfair simply because it is not true. In fact, I have been disturbed more often by white people than by black people in my first year on campus :tongue: Besides that if you have any noise issues you can ring security 24/7 and they'll be in your flat as soon as possible and will take care of the problem.

Although they say that people are put in flats completely at random they do have the tendency to seperate british students from european/internationals. I'm not sure why but perhaps they think the international students feel more comfortable with people who are in the same boat :smile:
"Black african music"

LOL, how random.
Reply 95
tbf I'd rather not go to a uni where there's not many white people. I have black friends and Asian friends who feel similar, and wouldn't want to go to a place that wasn't ethnically diverse, so I don't see the problem with anyone like me thinking the opposite.
Reply 96
Original post by Natasha_c
It's in an awfull area, theres like one shopping center near and nothing eles for miles.

Like, oh my gawd, that's like soooooo like awful. That's like, y'know, like a third-world country. Oh my gaaaawd!
Reply 97

I actually have more black friends than anything else and im not racist. I have spoken to a girl on here that lived on dehav and said the exact same thing as I saw. She is white and got put with 3 black girls that she dont get along with banging out their ghetto music.
Reply 98
Original post by Tesphena
tbf I'd rather not go to a uni where there's not many white people. I have black friends and Asian friends who feel similar, and wouldn't want to go to a place that wasn't ethnically diverse, so I don't see the problem with anyone like me thinking the opposite.

I have been a member on TSR for nearly two years now and I have never seen so much negativity about herts university.

The University is very diverse, generally speaking, about 40% is black/asian and 60% is white. That is more diverse than MANY other university who have a clear white majority. I have nothing against any race but you guys are just ranting on about nothing. I have never had any problems living on campus and if there are any problems in your flat you can either ring security if you have any noise problems with flat mates and if you feel totally uncomfortable you can always ask to be moved to another flat, this is of course under the condition that there is a place or that someone else would like to swap.
There's more white people here than any other race, fact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending