The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by Ellie07
. What were your gcse and as grades I'm still waiting and thinking I'm going to be rejected soon!:smile:

urmmm my gcses were 2 A*s 7As 1 B and 1C
My as grades were AABB, but i did spend a ridiculous amount of time on my personal statement haha! saying that, this was the only course i applied for which was american studies, all the rest were history and english, so the personal statement didnt say too much about america etc...
how about you? im sure you wont be!
x
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1661
Original post by Ellie07
. What were your gcse and as grades I'm still waiting and thinking I'm going to be rejected soon!:smile:

Oh are you no doingHistory V100? Ahh well done on your offer! I got 7A*s and 3 As and then 4 As at AS, but they have had my application since October so pretty sure going to get a rejection soon! x
Reply 1662
Biochem anyone xD??
Original post by Gracie312
I heard from them last Friday if it helps. There's still time!
I'm super stressed

Well it's good to know they've still been getting back to people so recently :smile: I just want to be put out of my misery! Good luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 1664
Original post by Tungsten180
Has anyone applied for a joint course with their personal statement being heavily weighted towards one of the subjects? I've applied for history and politics but my ps was almost completely history because I was applying for straight history elsewhere :\ It hasn't mattered at 2 of my unis as I have offers but Warwick is a little more prestigious... very worried :s-smilie:

Haha i thought this was a post by me then! You are in the exact situation as me...I have also applied for history and politics.My ps was heavily weighted towards history as i applied to cambridge and durham for straight history (both rejected, cambridge was post-interview) and i have two offers for nottingham and birmingham for history and politics!

I really hope i hear back from them soon...where are your other two offers?:smile::smile:
Original post by andephilippe
Oh yeah my bad when did you apply ?

At the end of September I think it was :s-smilie: I had to wait ages for Warwick!
Reply 1666
Woooo firming Warwick as we speak :biggrin:
Reply 1667
Original post by Nasrino
Woooo firming Warwick as we speak :biggrin:

and what about insurance? :smile:
Reply 1668
Original post by Est.
and what about insurance? :smile:

Nottingham :smile:
Original post by Hirseyi
Biochem anyone xD??

Hi, got an offer in November for biochem :smile: have you got one yet?
Original post by BigPash
Haha i thought this was a post by me then! You are in the exact situation as me...I have also applied for history and politics.My ps was heavily weighted towards history as i applied to cambridge and durham for straight history (both rejected, cambridge was post-interview) and i have two offers for nottingham and birmingham for history and politics!

I really hope i hear back from them soon...where are your other two offers?:smile::smile:

It's quite a relief that I'm not the only one to be honest. We're in pretty much the same situation.
I got rejected by Oxford for straight history but I've got a history offer at Nottingham, History and Politics at Queen's Belfast and History, Politics and Criminology at Liverpool (a very strange combination I know :P ).
I'm fed up of waiting as well now. It's just getting more and more tense and I really want this offer :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
All the best :smile:
Original post by darkdithy666
Has anyone heard anything about law? I'm completely freaking out :frown:

Yeah I got an unconditional offer a week ago. Don't freak out ok? There's no point stressing over what you can't control. Everything happens for a reason :smile:
Reply 1672
So I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything back from Warwick (for History and Politics) then?! I sent off in October! :P
Heard from my other 4 choices just waiting on this one!
Reply 1673
Original post by ansgreen
So I'm not the only one that hasn't heard anything back from Warwick (for History and Politics) then?! I sent off in October! :P
Heard from my other 4 choices just waiting on this one!

same, same and same. Where are you other choices? Whats your favourite?:smile:
Reply 1674
Original post by BigPash
same, same and same. Where are you other choices? Whats your favourite?:smile:

My others were;
Birmingham (AAA) Sussex (AAB/A*BB) Queen Mary (QMUL- 340 UCAS points) and Leicester (AAB) - how about you?

Birmingham was my fave but the AAA offer put me off (I'm predicted AAB and got AAACD last year :confused:) but I love Queen Mary :smile: Still yet to visit Sussex!
Reply 1675
My others were;
Birmingham (AAA) Sussex (AAB/A*BB) Queen Mary (QMUL- 340 UCAS points) and Leicester (AAB) - how about you?

Birmingham was my fave but the AAA offer put me off (I'm predicted AAB and got AAACD last year :confused:) but I love Queen Mary :smile: Still yet to visit Sussex!

Ohh well done, 4 offers! I have Birmingham AAA and Nottingham AAA- both for history and politics. I was also rejected for straight history at durham and cambridge. :frown:

I really want an offer from warwick..it would be my firm i think. My application went off in October, I don't know whats taking them so long. I haven't heard of anyone getting ofers for our subject yet have you?:smile:
Reply 1676
Original post by BigPash
Ohh well done, 4 offers! I have Birmingham AAA and Nottingham AAA- both for history and politics. I was also rejected for straight history at durham and cambridge. :frown:

I really want an offer from warwick..it would be my firm i think. My application went off in October, I don't know whats taking them so long. I haven't heard of anyone getting ofers for our subject yet have you?:smile:

Yeah I was pleased (though your places are harder to get into than mine!) Ah none of my friends who applied to Cambridge got in :frown: probably because we go to a state school... :biggrin:

I haven't but then I don't know anyone else who's applied (apart from you now!) I do like Warwick so if they give me a nice offer it could be my firm though I am guessing because they're so renowned for H&P it probably won't be a nice offer! :smile:
Reply 1677
Does anyone know how many applications there have been for business management nad how many places there are? was wondering as i already got an offer for management :biggrin:
Reply 1678
Yeah I was pleased (though your places are harder to get into than mine!) Ah none of my friends who applied to Cambridge got in :frown: probably because we go to a state school... :biggrin:

I haven't but then I don't know anyone else who's applied (apart from you now!) I do like Warwick so if they give me a nice offer it could be my firm though I am guessing because they're so renowned for H&P it probably won't be a nice offer! :smile:

I am putting it down to the fact that I am from a sixth form college why I did not get in too! I think the offer would probally be AAA..i don't care, I just really want to get one!

Theres a few on here who have applied and I have heard of one rejection...
Reply 1679
Original post by BigPash
I am putting it down to the fact that I am from a sixth form college why I did not get in too! I think the offer would probally be AAA..i don't care, I just really want to get one!

Theres a few on here who have applied and I have heard of one rejection...

Yeah, though to be honest I don't like it because private education just makes me angry but that's a different story...

Well in that case no news is good news I guess? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest