The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Wish they would get back quick so i can get the accomodation i want before it's too late! (assuming i do get an offer, please give me one )
Original post by dmz
Wish they would get back quick so i can get the accomodation i want before it's too late! (assuming i do get an offer, please give me one )

Have you been looking into the accomodation? I haven't looked for anywhere, been assuming I'll get rejections, lol. If we both get lucky, you'll have to advise me on accomodation choices.
Reply 1022
Original post by Happy Insomniac
Have you been looking into the accomodation? I haven't looked for anywhere, been assuming I'll get rejections, lol. If we both get lucky, you'll have to advise me on accomodation choices.

Haha sure :tongue: depends what you're after, it's my only hope, waiting is depressing so looking up accommodation somewhat makes me feel better, makes it more awful when if you get rejected though :frown: Did you interview not go too well?
Original post by dmz
Haha sure :tongue: depends what you're after, it's my only hope, waiting is depressing so looking up accommodation somewhat makes me feel better, makes it more awful when if you get rejected though :frown: Did you interview not go too well?

I think my interview went pretty well, but you can never tell with interviews. They might love me, they might hate me. They made it pretty clear that they expected more from me as a grad, so who knows if I lived up to their expectations or not.
Reply 1024
I think my interview went pretty well, but you can never tell with interviews. They might love me, they might hate me. They made it pretty clear that they expected more from me as a grad, so who knows if I lived up to their expectations or not.

I really couldn't tell either, i was comfortable with all their questions but apparently so was everyone else and the're still going to reject 350 so hopefully i make it, i was the only one wearing suits on the day, i think they should give me an offer just for that :laugh:
Reply 1025
Original post by BigDirty
Unfair.

only for non-medics :wink:

Dissection is literally my favourite thing we've done so far. In block 2 you do it once a week. In that block at least it's more dissection than prosection.
Original post by dmz
I really couldn't tell either, i was comfortable with all their questions but apparently so was everyone else and the're still going to reject 350 so hopefully i make it, i was the only one wearing suits on the day, i think they should give me an offer just for that :laugh:

Hah. All the guys I saw on my interview day were in suits. I was the only girl in one, though.
Reply 1027
Hah. All the guys I saw on my interview day were in suits. I was the only girl in one, though.

Dammit, i met a guy in a hoodie, though he was nice, lol and he seemed like a braniac too so he's probably allowed to dress down, lol the others had jumpers and shirt, no-one with a tie either so i felt a little out of place before going in
Reply 1028
Original post by phill232
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1048998

Its not called glasgow medicine applicants 2010 but its the equivilant of this years thread for last year. Hope that helps.

My interview was on the 18th january, so I havent had to wait too long compared to those who had interviews way back in November.

Hmm you can never count on medicine applications ever being the same, ive noticed that this year apart from Glasgow my other choices have been late in giving out interviews and offers. Im praying that Glasgow may disregard this new trend.

Awwhhhh I remember that thread :love:
Such a rollercoaster journey isn't it applying.. I can remember this moment so well
OFFER FROM GLASGOW!!!!! AAB JUST GOT IT NOW.... im shaking and just woke everyone up to tell them! OMGGG

I can't believe it it hasn't sunken it... I just woke my whole family up to tell them... akldjfalksdjfsdflkjds :woo: :woo: AAB I will get that.. OH MY GOSH IM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR

cant stop shaking

Actually that's quite embarrassing. lol. oh dear.
hopefully lots of you will experience it soon! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1029
Original post by lekky
Such a rollercoaster journey isn't it applying.. I can remember this moment so well

I got a minor buzz going through it :tongue:, can't imagine how i'd feel with an offer or rejection
Original post by lekky

I'm delighted you are where you are now :biggrin: it's almost as though all prospective med students have this great big thing in common and it's great that med students sympathise and as a result literally bend over backwards to help!
hey people... anyone else got an interview on the 16th? :smile:
Reply 1032
Original post by dmz
Dammit, i met a guy in a hoodie, though he was nice, lol and he seemed like a braniac too so he's probably allowed to dress down, lol the others had jumpers and shirt, no-one with a tie either so i felt a little out of place before going in

makes you stand out. in a good way! i seemed to be the only girl in my interview block. everyone else was a boy in a suit. so i guess i kindof stood out in a way then. and i wore a suit. black pencil skirt, black jacket and blouse.
better dressed too smart compared to others than not smart enough in my mind! some of the girls in leeds today were just notttt in interview clothes IMO....
Reply 1033
Original post by cuhlowey
makes you stand out. in a good way! i seemed to be the only girl in my interview block. everyone else was a boy in a suit. so i guess i kindof stood out in a way then. and i wore a suit. black pencil skirt, black jacket and blouse.
better dressed too smart compared to others than not smart enough in my mind! some of the girls in leeds today were just notttt in interview clothes IMO....

They said something about them not trying to be too formal last open day, i'm sure they don't mark you down for it but i don't think they're too concerned long as you don't wear jeans, but better to be safe than sorry (I do make everything sound sexual :teehee:)
Original post by cuhlowey

Some of the girls at my Newcastle interview were ridiculously underdressed. One was wearing leggings and uggs... :s-smilie:
Reply 1035
Some of the girls at my Newcastle interview were ridiculously underdressed. One was wearing leggings and uggs... :s-smilie:

Did you make a thread late last year about this, cos i remembered someone making a comment like 'i'd be surprised if they were wearing knickers' :laugh:

Yer i remember specific things of that nature :tongue:
Original post by dmz
Did you make a thread late last year about this, cos i remembered someone making a comment like 'i'd be surprised if they were wearing knickers' :laugh:

Yer i remember specific things of that nature :tongue:

Haha, no, though I may have mentioned it in other threads, like the Newcastle one and the Interview Prep one.
Reply 1037
Haha, no, though I may have mentioned it in other threads, like the Newcastle one and the Interview Prep one.

I think it was from the interview one, I'm gonna find it :tongue:

FOUND IT : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28814234#post28814234
Loved Beska's reply :laugh:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by louth4sam
I had mine today and they had the same thing :biggrin:. Does anybody know how they decided on the offers? Is it purely on the interview or is there other parts involved?

I've been wondering this as well.:confused: During the open day tour the guy said that decisions were based purely on interview performance, but i'm still not too sure.

Lekky? care to help out :rolleyes:
Original post by dmz
I think it was from the interview one, I'm gonna find it :tongue:

FOUND IT : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28814234#post28814234
Loved Beska's reply :laugh:

Haha, nice work on finding it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending