The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *BB*
I'm not going to neg you at all :smile: because at the end of the day it's down to personal opinion.

I think everyone should stop saying this Uni is better than that one and so on because one day we're all gonna be out there trying to network with each other :smile: We should all be friendssssssssssss! Everyone should stop telling people why the Uni they chose to apply to is not as good as x, y and z. People choose Unis for different reasons and we should all just congratulate each other on getting into Unis and offer support and so on.

Correct, but he wanted to know which uni to pick. It wasn't about knocking him for a selection he had already made.

And like you pointed out, its completely subjective. But he was asking for my opinion. I think 99.99% of people on here understand that any time someone says "X instead of Y" its an opinion.
Reply 2741
I have not yet heard back from KCL and Nottingham. Can anyone let me know whether these 2 universities are still considering applications? When are they supposed to reply?
Reply 2742
I am a gap year student, scored 39 on my IB, LNAT 17/42
rejected by LSE but still waiting on KCL, UCL, Bristol and Warwick

is there really any difference between Bristol and Warwick for Law?
Original post by loxemori
that sucks :/ i think anything above 20 is great.

I wasn't too bummed though,
as i have got offers from Cambridge and Durham,
at least the UCL rejection does make it much easier to pick my insurance choice,
otherwise it would have been pretty tough to decide between them and Durham
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by busby7
I am a gap year student, scored 39 on my IB, LNAT 17/42
rejected by LSE but still waiting on KCL, UCL, Bristol and Warwick

is there really any difference between Bristol and Warwick for Law?

It depends who you talk to,
I've read two threads (both of which are supposedly quite reliable)
One puts Warwick in the same tier as Bristol, KCL, UCL, Durham, Notts and LSE for law,
the other ranks it with Birmingham and Manchester,
to be honest, there's such a negligible difference, I'd make a decision based on personal prefernce if I were you.
Personally, and remember this is totally subjective,
I'd pick Bristol, but that's mainly down to the fact that I live too close to Warwick, and really don't like the idea of living on a campus that you get kicked off after the first year.
I think as a city, Bristol would be a much nicer place to live than Leamington, which has mediocre nightlife at best (smack is significantly over-rated)
Having said that, there are a lot of good points to Warwick, especially if you prefer a campus uni, and even when you do live in Leam/Coventry, there are fairly late buses back home from the campus.
I hope that helps, and I also apologise if I've offended any Warwick firmers; just to re-iterate: Warwick is a VERY good university, but I'd choose Bristol based on personal preferences, a law degree from either would be well-regarded. i.e. please don't neg me for this :biggrin::wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
:biggrin: I got an offer from UCL today... woooo!

I have offers from KCL and UCL now, which were my top 2 really. I was sort of hoping that only one of them would give me an offer so I wouldn't have to decide between them. I've been hunting around the student room for ANY differences between them that would sway me, but there's like a gazillion threads all saying "They're the same" or "They are marginally different". Any advice on choosing one? I have no way of visiting them either as I'm in Asia.
Reply 2746
Has anyone heard from Bristol yet? I know one person who has an offer for Law, but haven't heard of anyone else, and it's the only Uni I'm waiting on!
Original post by jennie_lin

I have offers from KCL and UCL now, which were my top 2 really. I was sort of hoping that only one of them would give me an offer so I wouldn't have to decide between them. I've been hunting around the student room for ANY differences between them that would sway me, but there's like a gazillion threads all saying "They're the same" or "They are marginally different". Any advice on choosing one? I have no way of visiting them either as I'm in Asia.

congratulations, i'd choose UCL over KCL but i suppose it's personal choice, is it ok if i ask when you sent your application off, your academics/LNAT score, i applied to UCL and the waiting is killing me, just want to know how there sorting through it, i understand if you don't want to disclose that on the forum.
Original post by lfcwatcher
congratulations, i'd choose UCL over KCL but i suppose it's personal choice, is it ok if i ask when you sent your application off, your academics/LNAT score, i applied to UCL and the waiting is killing me, just want to know how there sorting through it, i understand if you don't want to disclose that on the forum.

Tis fine, though I think I'm a bit of a special case as I'm a mature student and I think there's different quotas, though I'm not certain, different unis do it differently. Sent it off quite late, end of December time. I'm applying with AAA/ab, but that was all the way back in 2007 wudjabelieveit. My LNAT was 27, and apparently I have some "life experience" or some nonsense like that. :P

How's the application so far? Where else did you apply? Good luck with it all :smile:

Tis fine, though I think I'm a bit of a special case as I'm a mature student and I think there's different quotas, though I'm not certain, different unis do it differently. Sent it off quite late, end of December time. I'm applying with AAA/ab, but that was all the way back in 2007 wudjabelieveit. My LNAT was 27, and apparently I have some "life experience" or some nonsense like that. :P

How's the application so far? Where else did you apply? Good luck with it all :smile:

thanks, well your grades are brilliant and i think what ever age you were applying you'd have got an offer, my application is going pretty good i have 3 offers but really want UCL, good luck with choosing your firm/insurance i hope to see you at UCL next year.
Which is better - Bsa at cambridge or LLB at another uni? :s-smilie:
Reply 2751
Original post by adam0311
Correct, but he wanted to know which uni to pick. It wasn't about knocking him for a selection he had already made.

And like you pointed out, its completely subjective. But he was asking for my opinion. I think 99.99% of people on here understand that any time someone says "X instead of Y" its an opinion.

Oh yeah, I agree and understand completely :smile: the second bit wasn't aimed at you.. It was aimed at the people on here who post negative things without thinking about who they're demoralising.
Original post by *BB*
Oh yeah, I agree and understand completely :smile: the second bit wasn't aimed at you.. It was aimed at the people on here who post negative things without thinking about who they're demoralising.

Oh agreed :biggrin:
Original post by kennyparis
You are so Childish, its crazy. You should try to argue your point better rather than attacking the arguer. So please, get back to me when you have something reasonable to say in response to my argument.

PS- I did get an offer from UCL (which I'm going to reject), which clearly shows that not only am I a smart and intelligent student, I also "get into the habit of analysing documents critically prior to studying".

As has been said, it is your methodology which is fallacious.

One day you will look back on your university choices and realise that you made a mistake by choosing QMUL over UCL. I will not argue with you anymore, lest the QMUL Nazis decide to neg me into the Stone Age.
Reply 2754

UCL, it is better. how much better is hard to say but definetely better in my opinion.
Original post by jmat
UCL, it is better. how much better is hard to say but definetely better in my opinion.

Yeah, UCL seems more exclusive and is higher up on league tables (even though i know people on this thread seem to disagree over league tables), I'd go for that if I were you
well done, im so jealous!
Reply 2756
Original post by KateJ
Has anyone heard from Bristol yet? I know one person who has an offer for Law, but haven't heard of anyone else, and it's the only Uni I'm waiting on!

I've got an offer from Bristol for LLB. As far as I've learnt from quite a number of people, they send offers in accordance with application times. A friend of mine sent his application in October and received his offer in November. I sent mine in December and received my offer in January. So don't worry about that...
Reply 2757
Original post by 7thNocturne
I probably will, since it's in London and they seem to have heaps of events all year round in the arts. My other offers are Durham and Kent. LSE hasn't replied yet, they told me to wait till March. Where else did you apply? Congrats on Queen Mary :smile:

Hey, Im waiting on LSE as well. I was wondering how you know that you have to wait till March. Did you speak to someone at LSE admission?
Reply 2758
Original post by kylee
Don't worry may be u will receive it soon
When did u send UCAS off?

Hopefully! Sent my UCAS Nov 26th, had offers from the other 4 so don't really need Warwick but it would be nice to know!
Reply 2759
Original post by sophie37
Hopefully! Sent my UCAS Nov 26th, had offers from the other 4 so don't really need Warwick but it would be nice to know!

Well done for getting other 4 offers:smile:
Which other unis did you apply?

Latest

Trending

Trending