The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
So Puyol is likely to miss the game.
I also interesting read that out of the 14 goals Barca have let in this season 8 of those have come from crosses.
Original post by GunnerMT
So Puyol is likely to miss the game.
I also interesting read that out of the 14 goals Barca have let in this season 8 of those have come from crosses.

mail that to arsenal.com :colonhash:
Reply 3462
Original post by antonfigo
mail that to Arsene Wenger :colonhash:

Corrected because the tactician doesn't visit Arsenal.com :p:
Reply 3463
JK.
OP
Reply 3464
On FIFA, I played Man Utd vs Man City (as City) and won 4-3, in a reverse of last season's fixture. Here's hoping.
Song is fit :biggrin:

...In 2011 Arsenal have conceded only 1 goal in over 500 minutes when Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou have partnered at the back. Saha's (offside) :colonhash:
Djourou verminator and song will be beastly
Good luck tomorrow :top:

I hope you guys get the title instead of United.

That Redknapp pic is hilarious. I've always thought he looks like a melted candle. :rofl2:
Reply 3468
Original post by Beneb
On FIFA, I played Man Utd vs Man City (as City) and won 4-3, in a reverse of last season's fixture. Here's hoping.

I'd prefer a draw, tbh - I don't want City to be a prominent force in the title race. :nope:

I'm predicting a United win, though. Especially seeing as they just lost.
Original post by Skaiyote

Bit of Alex Song Trivia for ya

he has 17 sisters and 10 brothers

imagine that! :yikes:
Original post by Mr. Orange

Woah seriously? Different mums obviously but still :eek:

Original post by Abiraleft

Yep I think they'll win.
Reply 3471

I didn't believe you. Just confirmed it on Wikipedia. :eek:

Btw, is your username a reference to Reservoir Dogs, by any chance?
Woah seriously? Different mums obviously but still :eek:

ah damn i thought it was from one mum :biggrin:

Abiraleft
Btw, is your username a reference to Reservoir Dogs, by any chance?

No, my hair colour actually. :cool: Never even heard of Reservois Dogs before someone else pointed out the same thing as you!
Reply 3473

...In 2011 Arsenal have conceded only 1 goal in over 500 minutes when Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou have partnered at the back. Saha's (offside) :colonhash:

So 0 goals :p:

Original post by Abiraleft
I'd prefer a draw, tbh - I don't want City to be a prominent force in the title race. :nope:

I want a City win because they have played a game more than Arsenal and back to back defeats for United will damage their confidence etc..

Only if his brothers were also footballers :moon:. Arsenal's midfields covered with Song-Song-Song-Song, then there is no getting past them :biggrin:
But that would defeat the object of 'We've only got one Song'. :sad:

Wojciech Szczesny built my house, built my house, built my house,
Wojciech Szczesny built my house, 'cos he's Polish.

EDIT: 9000th post. :h: :h:
Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in his last six Premier League matches.

Arsenal have scored 10 goals in the opening 15 minutes of matches this season, more than any other team.

The Gunners are the only team who have not conceded a goal in the opening 15 minutes of a game this season.

Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 16 meetings with Wolves in all competitions (W14, D2), which includes seven straight league victories.

The last time Wolves beat Arsenal was a 3-2 top-flight triumph in September 1979.

Arsenal have taken 37 points from a possible 42 against teams currently in the bottom half of the table this season.

Wolves have drawn the joint-fewest matches in the Premier League this season (3).

There have been five red cards in the last seven Premier League games involving Arsenal.

This is Arsene Wenger's 550th Premier League game as Arsenal manager. He has won 322 of those matches, drawn 137 and lost 90. Only Manchester United have earned more points since Wenger took charge in September 1996.

Prior to letting in four goals in the last 22 minutes at Newcastle last Saturday, Arsenal had conceded only once in five league matches.

They are unbeaten in their last eight league matches (W5, D3).

The Gunners have the best top-flight record against clubs currently in the bottom half of the division, winning 12 of 14 matches and scoring 36 goals. Their only defeat was 3-2 at home to West Brom in September.

Robin van Persie has scored eight goals in six Premier League matches in 2011 - more than any other player.

Victory over Manchester United ended a three-match losing streak, and Wolves have now won five of their last 11 league matches.

Six of their seven victories this season have come against top-half-of-the-table opposition.

Mick McCarthy has lost all five previous Premier League matches against Arsenal as both Sunderland and Wolves manager.

Kevin Foley has made 299 club starts.
I'm gonna stick my head on the line and go for a 5-1 win.
Original post by marcusmerehay
I'm gonna stick my head on the line and go for a 5-1 win.

make that 5-5 :colonhash:
Original post by antonfigo
make that 5-5 :colonhash:

Don't, you'll jinx it. :colonhash:
Reply 3479
United losing will seriously make us more motivated, even though Wenger thinks it won't have a effect either way if goes.

Latest