The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Anyone else applied to Imperial for Maths?
Another day and still waiting, end of feb/early march can't come soon enough :emo:
Reply 2002
I WANT NEWS! :bawling:
Original post by Vekeh
I WANT NEWS! :bawling:

SAME! Bristol, why do you torture me so?!
FINALLY an offer from Newcastle!!!
Original post by beaubelle
FINALLY an offer from Newcastle!!!

:woo:

Which course? :awesome:
After writing last night saying I'd had no offers I actually received my first one today, from Aberdeen for history and politics. Not my first choice, but still so relieved!! :smile::smile:
Reply 2007
Original post by ComingAliveAgain
After writing last night saying I'd had no offers I actually received my first one today, from Aberdeen for history and politics. Not my first choice, but still so relieved!! :smile::smile:

Ahhhhhh another person with a reply for history, I am so jealous! This is my first choice and I am dying for a reply....checked so many times today because of others hearing!

AHHHH.

But also well done :biggrin:
Original post by Heraspax
Ahhhhhh another person with a reply for history, I am so jealous! This is my first choice and I am dying for a reply....checked so many times today because of others hearing!

AHHHH.

But also well done :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: When you say 'first choice' do you mean Aberdeen, or history lol? I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine though, all the history departments just seem to be taking their time this year! What were your grades last year? :smile:
I got a letter from Roehampton yesterday, and I was so excited as I thought it was an offer! Turns out their discontinuing part of my combined honours course, and I have to pick another course. I'm totally stuck now as I kind of had my heart set on Roehampton and don't want to pick a course for the sake of it. Boo..!!
Reply 2010
Original post by ComingAliveAgain
Thank you :biggrin: When you say 'first choice' do you mean Aberdeen, or history lol? I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine though, all the history departments just seem to be taking their time this year! What were your grades last year? :smile:

I mean history at Aberdeen :biggrin: I've applied st andrews and edinburgh also but I doubt St Andrews will make me an offer! And I was quite dissapointed by Edinburghs open day.

And last year I got AAABC. A's in history, english and physics, B in geography and C in maths :tongue:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:woo:

Which course? :awesome:

French and Politics Combined Honours!! AAA! Fingers crossed!
Reply 2012
Lol i got extra frustrated yesterday cause for some reason I thought we'd all hear from our results by 6th March. When I saw it was May I felt like i could just scream. Cooome on I just need a date for my audition...
Reply 2013
Original post by Torrchy

Original post by Torrchy
Lol i got extra frustrated yesterday cause for some reason I thought we'd all hear from our results by 6th March. When I saw it was May I felt like i could just scream. Cooome on I just need a date for my audition...

If you need an audition it's likely you'll hear something before May. They need to give you notice to get there, and then allow for processing time afterwards.
Reply 2014
Got my first and second choices yesterday.
OVER. THE. MOON.
:biggrin:
Reply 2015
[INDENT]Another day, another waste of time periodically checking track. :redface:[/INDENT]
Reply 2016
Original post by Heraspax

I mean history at Aberdeen :biggrin: I've applied st andrews and edinburgh also but I doubt St Andrews will make me an offer! And I was quite dissapointed by Edinburghs open day.

And last year I got AAABC. A's in history, english and physics, B in geography and C in maths :tongue:

Why were you disappointed by Edinburgh? I'm really interested as I haven't had the chance to go (international, gah), and I'm seriously considering it against Durham! :s-smilie:
Reply 2017
Well when I went it barely seemed like an open day at all, there was noone around to help and when you had no idea where anything was this was a bit of a pain. I was interested in history and when I eventually found the lecture on it the man could possibly have been the most boring person to give the talk ever - he did not sell the course to me at all, or for that matter even seem to be prepared to give a talk as he was constantly mhmmming and errring, and I kinda felt like if the head of the history department can't sell me it - who can?
However I think I may be being slightly bias after having a really good experience at Aberdeen which totally sold me on going there! Perhaps I was too het up the way they treated the applicants compared to Edinburgh I dunno. But if they did make me an offer I think I would go to another open day just to find out if it just wasn't one bad day because last year Edinburgh was where I really wanted to go :confused:
Here's a *waiting for news is driving me crazy!* special.

I just got an email saying that my track had changed, but UCAS is down. WHY! With no offers thus far, you can imagine how stressed I am...
Reply 2019
Original post by KingMessi
Here's a *waiting for news is driving me crazy!* special.

I just got an email saying that my track had changed, but UCAS is down. WHY! With no offers thus far, you can imagine how stressed I am...

Mine doesn't work either... Let's hope they'll fix it asap!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending