The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ultimate1
Don't worry, the main thing is that you've got the offer! :biggrin:

Is it likely to be your firm?

Definitely. I'd give anything to go to UCL! You?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by xbabycakes
Definitely. I'd give anything to go to UCL! You?

Before the open day I was sure UCL was going to be nowhere near my firm if I was to recieve Durham and Warwick offers, however after visiting the university my opinion has greatly changed and now am stumped what to do. lol.
Original post by Interpretation
Which course are did you apply for?

I'm not sure if this applies to every course at UCL, but at least for psychology, this is their policy regarding open days:

"We do not usually expect applicants from outside the UK to attend an open day. However, if you are visiting the UK at the time of one of our open days then you are very welcome to attend." (link)

I've applied for a combination of Italian and Management.

Oh yeah, that sounds like it applies to all applicants outside of the UK in general.
Thanks, I'll make sure just in case as well though.
Reply 2643
For geography, anyone heard back from UCL post Open day/interview, or know when UCL will make offers? Told back in December it would be Feb. Anyone had a response?
Reply 2644
Original post by 6K6
I've just got an interview for 'Economics and Geography', at the beginning of either January or March.
Does anyone else have an interview at the Geog Department :>?

Original post by Tigger2010
i dont have an interview but an open day at the geog department. 19th jan. Hope that means that ive got an offer..

Original post by hamzab
Economics and Geography.

Anyone else got any news, offer/rejections, open day etc?

Original post by jazstar19
I've got the same thing, which day is yours?

Original post by stupot211
i've had an invitation for geography/economics open day, is this basically an offer or do i need to prepare for it?

Have any of you got an offer for Economics and geography yet? i'm still waiting, UCL hasnt contacted me about open days or anything and i applied late october...
have any of you been to the selection day/interview day? what was it like? thanks :smile:
I've applied - and have an offer - for Speech Sciences. :smile:

Does anyone know if there is a UCL decisions/offers thread yet? Haven't found it if so.
Original post by sweeter than a cherry pie
I've applied - and have an offer - for Speech Sciences. :smile:

Does anyone know if there is a UCL decisions/offers thread yet? Haven't found it if so.

Congratulations :smile:

Here's the UCL 2011 decisions thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1507552
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Congratulations :smile:

Here's the UCL 2011 decisions thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1507552

Ooh, thank you. :smile:
I never have any success with the search function. Even when I can remember the exact name of the thread I'm searching for. :sad:
Reply 2648
Has anybody received an invitation to a Classics Open Day on March 9th? I live a bit too far away to be able to attend, but I'd like to know if it's a good sign or anything?? :biggrin:
Before the open day I was sure UCL was going to be nowhere near my firm if I was to recieve Durham and Warwick offers, however after visiting the university my opinion has greatly changed and now am stumped what to do. lol.

Always best to listen to that little voice in the back of your head.

(Hint: It's the one that's saying "UCL, UCL, UCL") :tongue:
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Always best to listen to that little voice in the back of your head.

(Hint: It's the one that's saying "UCL, UCL, UCL") :tongue:

:lol:

Well it is ATM shouting UCL, UCL, UCL. Hmmmmm... gonna be a toughie this UCAS decision for me if I am to recieve further offers.
:lol:

Well it is ATM shouting UCL, UCL, UCL. Hmmmmm... gonna be a toughie this UCAS decision for me if I am to recieve further offers.

Haha! So big voice in the back of your head, then. But I know how you feel with the whole dilemma... I'm at a 60/40 split between UCL and Edinburgh. I'll be visiting next week to try and go 100% either way!
Haha! So big voice in the back of your head, then. But I know how you feel with the whole dilemma... I'm at a 60/40 split between UCL and Edinburgh. I'll be visiting next week to try and go 100% either way!

Trust me after visiting UCL you'll fall in love. It isn't the most biggest university you'll ever see but boy is it an amazing atmosphere.
Trust me after visiting UCL you'll fall in love. It isn't the most biggest university you'll ever see but boy is it an amazing atmosphere.

Ahhh, I can't wait! (Though secretly, I'm already halfway to being in love with UCL, so this will just be a slap in the face to say "FIRM IT, FIRM IT, FIRM IT NOWWWWW")

I will definitely post my review of it at some odd hour of the night, since jet-lag will probably be kicking in.

:eek: But you're the thread starter! You have a duty to go to UCL!! In all seriousness though, the Quad will perish those sinful musings about Edinburgh. That and UCL is in such a nice part of London. It's not too expensive even though it's basically next to West End and so pretty much all the best High Streets. Everything and anything you could ever want to do would be within easy reach if you went to UCL. So go, you won't regret it! I'm actually really convincing myself to go now...
Original post by Scrubby
:eek: But you're the thread starter! You have a duty to go to UCL!! In all seriousness though, the Quad will perish those sinful musings about Edinburgh. That and UCL is in such a nice part of London. It's not too expensive even though it's basically next to West End and so pretty much all the best High Streets. Everything and anything you could ever want to do would be within easy reach if you went to UCL. So go, you won't regret it! I'm actually really convincing myself to go now...

Over Cambz? :shock:

Although ofcourse I can see why, because for medicine it doesn't matter where you go and the fact that UCL is pure awesomeness.
Original post by Scrubby

Alright, alright. If we're being honest, it's more like 80/20 in UCL's favour. :biggrin: I've actually had to hold myself back from firming it a few times, as my mom wants to make sure I visit before making any official decisions! Can it be September now please?

You should go, too! In fact, we should all go, although I'm not sure if UCL could take such awesomeness at one educational institution.
Alright, alright. If we're being honest, it's more like 80/20 in UCL's favour. :biggrin: I've actually had to hold myself back from firming it a few times, as my mom wants to make sure I visit before making any official decisions! Can it be September now please?

You should go, too! In fact, we should all go, although I'm not sure if UCL could take such awesomeness at one educational institution.

Imagine a day where TSR raids UCL for a visit! :awesome:
Imagine a day where TSR raids UCL for a visit! :awesome:

I bet move-in will be chaotic- all us TSR folks dominating Gower St. and everyone else will just be like, "Man, I wish I was as cool as those people." :yep:
Original post by Investment Banker
Was the letter by post , email or track ?

post. why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending