MessyRoom
RadioHawk
Mooniibuggy (no) - insurance

John Snow:
JCornwell
GreyFox
Kristinalovesu
SeasickSteve

Be great to see how many others there are that have had offers and colleges allocated??

I've also just booked to go to the open day on the 16th March. Who else is going - stick a yes next to your name?
(edited 13 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by LukethePianoMan
At the moment, I feel I have picked the right A levels and dont think I would enjoy any others more, I would probably just do additional further maths and finish my media studies A level (don't mock, I did the AS in year 11 and it was fun!)
Is this recital for a diploma? I'm just learning Rachmaninoffs Gminor prelude and Chopins E minor waltz which I hope I can master :smile:

I love all my subjects but I absolutely loved GCSEs and wish I could do them all at A level! And no, I don't mock media studies! i'm sure it was enormous fun! :smile:

Nope, just for A level Music. We have to do a 20 minute solo recital based around a theme - mine being 'the development of solo piano music between the classical and romantic eras' hence Mozart -> Beethoven -> Chopin :smile:

You only really need to do grade 6 stuff, but you get better marks doing harder stuff! :biggrin: (as long as I can play it all perfectly by May... :rolleyes: What's your recital for? :smile:
Reply 3862
Original post by Freerider101

Apparently there is hardly a clubbing scene in Durham anyway? I suspect everyone will just go to pubs instead.

wait until you see 'Europe's worst club' Klute. Its HILARIOUS.
Reply 3863
Original post by Schnecke
I'm 90% Durham for my insurance. Yep may well do.. any idea what we do on this open day?

Ah.. just seen your posts about this to other people. I'm gonna be 18 as well, but not sure on the clubbing front. Exciting though :biggrin:

Yeah well clubbing music's not my favourite but I'm up for dancing with a couple of ciders down me :smile: Still, might not be the best idea before a 9am start the next day :redface: Might be nicer just to get to know people in college. I'm exicted too, but also a bit nervous :smile:
Reply 3864
Original post by eve_m
Aw I'm so jealous you're so near, it's gonna take me 3 hours on the train/6 hours driving if I ever attempt it to get there.. I don't think anyone will really know eachother, hope not anyway :smile: Just gotta be brave and introduce yourself, even if it is awkward at first!

So are you taking the train then? I wouldn't want to drive, you'll be exhausted before the day even begins! I hope they don't! I can only imgaine the awkwardness bound to transpire on that day! xD

Apparently there is hardly a clubbing scene in Durham anyway? I suspect everyone will just go to pubs instead.

Yeah... Durham isn't big on the club scene... if on there at all. If people are big clubbers, best venture into Newcastle/Sunderland :smile:
Reply 3865
Original post by Rachetto
So are you taking the train then? I wouldn't want to drive, you'll be exhausted before the day even begins! I hope they don't! I can only imgaine the awkwardness bound to transpire on that day! xD

Yep, going up and back down on the train, but if I end up going there (which I want to do) then I'll have to drive up at some point with parents seeing as I can't drive.. It'll be a bit awkward either way, but like you said, everyone's in the same boat and fingers crossed everyone will be nice :smile:
Reply 3866
Original post by skypig97
St. Chad's and Durham is in front. Getting excited about March open day.

Good :smile: Well, I hope you'll love it then:wink:
Original post by pianofluteftw
I love all my subjects but I absolutely loved GCSEs and wish I could do them all at A level! And no, I don't mock media studies! i'm sure it was enormous fun! :smile:

Nope, just for A level Music. We have to do a 20 minute solo recital based around a theme - mine being 'the development of solo piano music between the classical and romantic eras' hence Mozart -> Beethoven -> Chopin :smile:

You only really need to do grade 6 stuff, but you get better marks doing harder stuff! :biggrin: (as long as I can play it all perfectly by May... :rolleyes: What's your recital for? :smile:

I don't have any recitals coming up, just playing to progress at the moment, I'm not good enough to perform in concerts yet, and when I do, I play really badly with a few mistakes
I would've just done grade 6 stuff to be on the safe side!
Original post by LukethePianoMan
I don't have any recitals coming up, just playing to progress at the moment, I'm not good enough to perform in concerts yet, and when I do, I play really badly with a few mistakes
I would've just done grade 6 stuff to be on the safe side!

Well I may end up just playing grade 7 stuff to be on the safe side! :wink:

I really don't want to be rude, but isn't there somewhere else on here that you could continue this music conversation? It's not really what this thread is for.
Original post by KayteeKaytee
I really don't want to be rude, but isn't there somewhere else on here that you could continue this music conversation? It's not really what this thread is for.

I think we're done, but it was linked to Durham and the music available at Durham and what we were applying for! Sorry! :redface:
Reply 3871
Got my letter this morning - Modern Languages at Hild Bede :smile: Are people going to the open day in March?
Reply 3872
Original post by jh09
Got my letter this morning - Modern Languages at Hild Bede :smile: Are people going to the open day in March?

Modern languages at Cuth's, going to the open day.
Original post by rmerz1
wait until you see 'Europe's worst club' Klute. Its HILARIOUS.

Seriously? I'm imaging something really small with bad music and over priced drinks?
I'm not too fussed anyway, not massive on clubbing, wouldn't make my uni choice on something like that.
Reply 3874

Seriously? I'm imaging something really small with bad music and over priced drinks?
I'm not too fussed anyway, not massive on clubbing, wouldn't make my uni choice on something like that.

well , its essentially that, but the drinks are cheap. You go there knowing its going to be a terrible club, so you actually end up having a good time. But yer, the college bars are really good. Castle's is especially good
Reply 3875
Original post by Sappho
Good :smile: Well, I hope you'll love it then:wink:

Are you any more certain of your top choice?
Original post by phoeberg
Modern languages at Cuth's, going to the open day.

Original post by jh09

Which languages did you both apply for? I still haven't heard for french and spanish!
Reply 3877
Original post by Olivia1234
Which languages did you both apply for? I still haven't heard for french and spanish!

German and may do Russian as a subsid.
Reply 3878
Original post by Olivia1234

My offer is AAB for French and Spanish, so I'm sure you'll hear this week!!! Best of luck, hope to see you in October :smile:
Reply 3879
Original post by skypig97
Are you any more certain of your top choice?

I don't think it'll be Durham tbh. I really love Edinburgh, but as you know, I haven't heard from them yet. At the moment my favourite is St Andrews out of those who've replied already. I will visit these two Scottish unis in March, and I hope I'll one day have good news from Edinburgh:smile:
edit: And that I'll actually like St Andrews and Edinburgh :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending