The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl history 2011 applicants

Hi guys!!

I've noticed that nobody has started a history thread for UCL yet, so here goes!!!

It's my first choice, and I keep obsessing about it, so let's just keep each other updated on how far along the application UCL is...

I submitted my application on october 15, so far I've only gotten an acknowledgement email, what about you guys??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've only got a confirmation email but does anyone know when we actually find out whether we got in?? Where else are you applying btw?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
what course have you applied for? i sent my UCAS on the 6th of october, and i got sent an acknowledgment, then a questionnaire.
Reply 3
Original post by toofaforu
what course have you applied for? i sent my UCAS on the 6th of october, and i got sent an acknowledgment, then a questionnaire.

When did you get a confirmation of UCL receving your questionnaire? I sent mine back on the 7th of this month and haven't heard a thing! I don't want to contact them as it says explicitly in the email not to, but it also says that they would reply within a week.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by safcal93
When did you get a confirmation of UCL receving your questionnaire? I sent mine back on the 7th of this month and haven't heard a thing! I don't want to contact them as it says explicitly in the email not to, but it also says that they would reply within a week.

about four days later. received my rejection the other day. feedback: 'assessment task wasnt good enough' - goes to show completing their questionnaire in an hour isnt the best thing to do.
Reply 5
Original post by toofaforu
about four days later. received my rejection the other day. feedback: 'assessment task wasnt good enough' - goes to show completing their questionnaire in an hour isnt the best thing to do.

Why did you do it in an hour if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 6
Why did you do it in an hour if you dont mind me asking?

course not. and cos i thought the deadline was friday (as a lot of other peoples were), but it was actually wednesday.discovered only on thursday that it was for a day ago...so just rushed it and did it as fast as i could.
Reply 7
I'm guessing people have got replies, I found out yesterday that I got in :smile: - pretty over the moon!!! Anyone else hear anything?
Reply 8
I sent my questionnaire away on december 8th and didn't get the confirmation within a week so i e-mailed them and turns out they have a new head of History applications and they have only been back to work since january fourth so I am hoping to get good news soon.
Reply 9
Original post by Davey Mags
I sent my questionnaire away on december 8th and didn't get the confirmation within a week so i e-mailed them and turns out they have a new head of History applications and they have only been back to work since january fourth so I am hoping to get good news soon.

Exactly the same here. You'd think they'd send emails to those who sent their questionnaires back when the job changes were happening.
Reply 10
Exactly the same here. You'd think they'd send emails to those who sent their questionnaires back when the job changes were happening.

Yea but it will b the same process all the same. Wer u happy with your questionnaire? How did your AS grades go?
Reply 11
What were the questions on your questionnaire?
Reply 12
Original post by Davey Mags
Yea but it will b the same process all the same. Wer u happy with your questionnaire? How did your AS grades go?

Happy as far as I don't think I could have done much more, so it's just fingers crossed now. I was pretty confident in comparing the history books, and the historical debate question, but the first question on why I want to study there wasn't brilliant. I got A's in History, English and Politics but got a U in Maths which I didn't include in my UCAS form.
Reply 13
Any idea how long it takes to hear back after submitting the V100 questionaire?
Reply 14
Original post by Maxson
Any idea how long it takes to hear back after submitting the V100 questionaire?

No idea. Hope its soon though - the wait is frustrating. When did you return ur questionnaire? 7th December for me
Reply 15
No idea. Hope its soon though - the wait is frustrating. When did you return ur questionnaire? 7th December for me

Hmmm 2 months??? I only sent mine off 3 weeks ago.

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm not really feeling too confident any more.
Reply 17
Hey everyone, great idea to start a specific thread for UCL History!
I sent off my Questionnaire on December 7th or 8th I think; I didn't get confirmation until at least a month later but I received an offer on 28th January. I went to a History open day on Wednesday and there wasn't very many there, so they certainly havn't filled all 90 places yet so don't worry! I thought I wanted to go to Warwick (still havn't heard from them) but having visited last week, I think UCL is the one! Not even considering my LSE offer now. Fingers crossed for all you guys who've applied and havn't yet heard :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by GeeDerrett
Hey everyone, great idea to start a specific thread for UCL History!
I sent off my Questionnaire on December 7th or 8th I think; I didn't get confirmation until at least a month later but I received an offer on 28th January. I went to a History open day on Wednesday and there wasn't very many there, so they certainly havn't filled all 90 places yet so don't worry! I thought I wanted to go to Warwick (still havn't heard from them) but having visited last week, I think UCL is the one! Not even considering my LSE offer now. Fingers crossed for all you guys who've applied and havn't yet heard :smile:

Ahh **** same here. Hopefully no news is good news. I was quite annoyed at the changeover of admissions personnel - I dont know if you had the same experience. I had to email them to get a confirmation of their reciept of my questionnaire. Hopefully thats what has delayed it.
Reply 19
Has anyone applied for the V104 course?
I got accepted onto it in December. I've been looking at Toronto and Penn and they look amazing.
For the questionnaire I chose to compare "Ordinary Men" by Browning and "Marianne in Chains" by Gildea.
I think the important thing is to identify the Historians aim in writing their work and then comparing and contrasting. Choosing not overtly similar books helps a great deal. I discussed the idea of good in both works, as that, I believe, is both of the historians aims to a certain extent.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending