The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 419
You sure do love your stats. But that is impressive from RvP and tbh we're not at all surprised by it. Just stay injure free ffs.

I do indeed, here's another:

Johan Djourou has now gone 27 consecutive games (in which he's played the full 90) unbeaten.

Unbelievable Jeff. :adore:
Reply 3541
Original post by Overmars

Me :adore:

Van Persie :adore: :adore:

What a brilliant striker.

Did you put a bet on it? :teehee:
Original post by R-KAM
Did you put a bet on it? :teehee:

Nah...I never call the scorelines right, so this was a surprise. And I don't bet on Arsenal match results (win/lose/draw) because most of the time it involves betting odds-on which isn't really justified imo. Although I wish I had since about November -- I'm on a roll. :cool:
Mick McCarthy - "We were spanked."
Good performance by the lads, but we still need to be more clinical.

We may not have Nasri for the first leg vs. Barca, but we will have a fully fit Cesc and RvP :sogood:
Original post by marcusmerehay
Mick McCarthy - "We were spanked."

"There was a murder going on. They have murdered us today - all over the park, from 1 to 11, they were better than us, stronger than us and quicker than us. I have to admire their class and the way they play. We were spanked."

:rofl2:
Reply 3546
Original post by marcusmerehay
I do indeed, here's another:

Johan Djourou has now gone 27 consecutive games (in which he's played the full 90) unbeaten.

Unbelievable Jeff. :adore:

Wow that is certainly unbeleivable.
Anyone know when his contract is due, don't want another flamini.:rolleyes:
Original post by sandeep90
Good performance by the lads, but we still need to be more clinical.

We may not have Nasri for the first leg vs. Barca, but we will have a fully fit Cesc and RvP :sogood:

TBH if you've watched barca in the la liga this season you cant help but shiver at the thought of playing them, i think offensively we can bang in enough goals to win, the only problem is trying to not get raped hard in defence, djourou's height doesnt come in too handy for barca because their play is almost solely on the ground, i think koscielny and djourou are doing excellent this season but they need to step it up to at least 200% against barca if we ought to stand a chance.
Reply 3548
Original post by najeezy
TBH if you've watched barca in the la liga this season you cant help but shiver at the thought of playing them, i think offensively we can bang in enough goals to win, the only problem is trying to not get raped hard in defence, djourou's height doesnt come in too handy for barca because their play is almost solely on the ground, i think koscielny and djourou are doing excellent this season but they need to step it up to at least 200% against barca if we ought to stand a chance.

Exactly, the whole team has to defend, the last thing I want is us being raped like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJBhLRUAcI :coma:
Original post by Skaiyote
"There was a murder going on. They have murdered us today - all over the park, from 1 to 11, they were better than us, stronger than us and quicker than us. I have to admire their class and the way they play. We were spanked."

:rofl2:

Mick's quotes are always sexy.... last time around he told something along the lines of coaches b|tchin about stuff
Original post by slawaccess23
Exactly, the whole team has to defend, the last thing I want is us being raped like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJBhLRUAcI :coma:

They can do that to any team -- let alone one as defensively vulnerable as ours. Our biggest problem is going to be getting in trouble with the European refs. We are now quite physical in the middle of the pitch -- especially when the Song, Wilshere, Cesc midfield is dominating -- and any 'rough' play won't be tolerated.

If we have picked up no new injuries -- and the line-up that played today plays in mid-week -- I fancy our chances of getting a result at home (maybe a narrow win) but no matter how well we press, Barcelona only need about 30 mins out of the 180 available to destroy us.

Nasri is a big loss because he's a very good player to have when you don't want to be wasteful with possession.
Original post by antonfigo
Mick's quotes are always sexy.... last time around he told something along the lines of coaches b|tchin about stuff

:lol: Yeah it was after the Fabregas tackle. I don't get why people dislike him, he's hilarious.
Reply 3552
They can do that to any team -- let alone one as defensively vulnerable as ours. Our biggest problem is going to be getting in trouble with the European refs. We are now quite physical in the middle of the pitch -- especially when the Song, Wilshere, Cesc midfield is dominating -- and any 'rough' play won't be tolerated.

If we have picked up no new injuries -- and the line-up that played today plays in mid-week -- I fancy our chances of getting a result at home (maybe a narrow win) but no matter how well we press, Barcelona only need about 30 mins out of the 180 available to destroy us.

Nasri is a big loss because he's a very good player to have when you don't want to be wasteful with possession.

Nasri is a catastrophic loss, partly because that means Arshavin plays, if Arshavin and Denilson play, we don't stand a chance in my opinion. What are we going to do about Xavi, the guy is frighteningly good on the ball, he's unpressable as well. Look how he destroyed us at the Emirates http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjmEfM1c88 f****** hell, He makes Fabregas look average, I hate to say it, we should keep the ball, or at least keep him off the ball. I have a gut feeling we may have the answer to Barcelona though, let's see how it plays out :wink:
Xavi is better than Cesc, but I am interested to see how a fully fit Cesc does against Barca. He wasn't fully fit last time around, and was just a passenger in the game.
Reply 3554
Wenger said Nasri has a chance against Barca.(1st leg) How big/small a chance, we con't know until the line-ups.
Good news is PUYOL and ABIDAL seem to be out, leaving lightweights maxwell and milito to defend on the left side of the pitch, hope this is the scenario so arshavin can stand a decent chance of raping them, as for walcott pique and alves are going to be a bit of a handful.
Barca losing right now to gijon !! Lolol
nearly forgot affelay is in barca.
Original post by The Young Economist

He looks quite a find. 18 and good enough to start in Erdivesie (however you spell it!). Could be a good squad member next year? He looks composed and quick. Always a good combo.

Latest