The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Ivanka

Original post by Ivanka
Mine doesn't work either... Let's hope they'll fix it asap!!!

It's scheduled maintenance I'm afraid. Should be down until this evening.
Reply 2021
I'm still waiting on my first choice (St Andrews). I've heard back from everywhere else but I reeeeeeeally want an offer from St Andrews; they've been my first choice since day one, it's so frustrating! :P
Reply 2022
Original post by Ivanka
Mine doesn't work either... Let's hope they'll fix it asap!!!

:redface: its fixed
Ahh waiting to go to uni is now what is driving me crazy... terrified I wont get the grades though!
Reply 2024
Original post by Pheebs1201
Ahh waiting to go to uni is now what is driving me crazy... terrified I wont get the grades though!

:redface: you do now its 6 months away :eek:
Rejected by Warwick. Four rejections, no offers. What the hell was the point in wasting my time getting four As? Or straight A*s and A's at GCSE? What a colossal waste of time. :banghead:
Original post by KingMessi
Rejected by Warwick. Four rejections, no offers. What the hell was the point in wasting my time getting four As? Or straight A*s and A's at GCSE? What a colossal waste of time. :banghead:

Sorry to hear that :hug: what did you apply for?
Sorry to hear that :hug: what did you apply for?

English Literature at Oxford and Durham, and English Literature with Creative Writing at Warwick and East Anglia.
English Literature at Oxford and Durham, and English Literature with Creative Writing at Warwick and East Anglia.

Well theres still UCAS Extra? :smile:
I'm going crazzzzzzy waiting for Scottish unis (Edinburgh and St Andrews) to get back to me...urghhhh.
Well theres still UCAS Extra? :smile:

Meh, maybe. I'd rather reapply, provided I meet my expectations this summer.
Reply 2031

Well make sure you get good feedback on why you weren't successful. It doesn't look like it's academics letting you down?

Well, there'd be no harm in trying UCAS Extra even if you get an offer (and even if you firm it!) doesnt mean you have to go there :smile:
Reply 2033
Original post by Heraspax
Well when I went it barely seemed like an open day at all, there was noone around to help and when you had no idea where anything was this was a bit of a pain. I was interested in history and when I eventually found the lecture on it the man could possibly have been the most boring person to give the talk ever - he did not sell the course to me at all, or for that matter even seem to be prepared to give a talk as he was constantly mhmmming and errring, and I kinda felt like if the head of the history department can't sell me it - who can?
However I think I may be being slightly bias after having a really good experience at Aberdeen which totally sold me on going there! Perhaps I was too het up the way they treated the applicants compared to Edinburgh I dunno. But if they did make me an offer I think I would go to another open day just to find out if it just wasn't one bad day because last year Edinburgh was where I really wanted to go :confused:

I see... Now I'm confused too, seeing that I got into a rather fun college in Durham... Acks! Thanks anyway!
Reply 2034
Well, there'd be no harm in trying UCAS Extra even if you get an offer (and even if you firm it!) doesnt mean you have to go there :smile:

I thought you could only use extra if you got no offers or declined them all? :confused:
Reply 2035
I'm waiting for Bath and it's driving me absolutely crazy. It's the only university I've ever really considered going to and yet they're the only one who hasn't got back to me, despite getting offers from everywhere else I applied to! It's really worrying me that they're taking so long. Is anyone else in a similar situation?
Reply 2036
Original post by Arielle
I'm waiting for Bath and it's driving me absolutely crazy. It's the only university I've ever really considered going to and yet they're the only one who hasn't got back to me, despite getting offers from everywhere else I applied to! It's really worrying me that they're taking so long. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

I'm in exactly the same situation except that I'm waiting on St Andrews. They've been my favourite right from the word go (I think I even preferred them to Oxford!) and a few of my friends have got offers from them which is not helping haha. I'm going a bit loopy too, checking Track an obscene amount and all that. What I find most scary is that I might have to wait until the end of March for a reply because they're well within heir timeframe for replying to offers. Aaaah! I'll have broken the refresh button on my computer by then! :P
Original post by Kelz_26
I thought you could only use extra if you got no offers or declined them all? :confused:

Yes the person I quoted doesn't have any offers.
Reply 2038
Original post by becko37
I'm in exactly the same situation except that I'm waiting on St Andrews. They've been my favourite right from the word go (I think I even preferred them to Oxford!) and a few of my friends have got offers from them which is not helping haha. I'm going a bit loopy too, checking Track an obscene amount and all that. What I find most scary is that I might have to wait until the end of March for a reply because they're well within heir timeframe for replying to offers. Aaaah! I'll have broken the refresh button on my computer by then! :P

I'm trying not to check Track because I have it so UCAS send me an email if something's changed. This does mean though, that every time my phone flashes I think it's an email from UCAS. AND IT NEVER IS! Nightmare! Yeah, make sure you go easy on the refresh button, haha.

I know what you mean about they don't have to reply until the end of March, too. I'm also worried I won't get the accommodation I want because it's first come first serve. On the other hand, I don't even know if I'm going to get a place!

Everyone keeps telling me "Oh don't worry, Exeter and Sussex are even better than Bath!" But they don't get it. I want Bath and this is making me stir craaazy!

(PS. I heard St. Andrews is beautiful!)
Hey :smile: ! Hull, Anglia Ruskin, Bedfordshire and LJMU all quickly offered me conditional offers. All came 2 weeks after my application

However wolverhampton (who is 160 ucas points) is taking it's time :biggrin: To think hull and ljmu who offered me 260 and 240 points was quick off the mark but one with lesser requirements is taking a really long time !

I really want a rejection/offer so I know exactly where every open day I'll be attending will be. I should be going to one on 26th february.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending