The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Any other grads starting to get really impatient with regards to a response from Bristol?
Original post by MedicalMaverick9
Any other grads starting to get really impatient with regards to a response from Bristol?

I applied last year and bristol didn't give a rejection until mid march. That was for the ug course.
Hey guys, I got a reply from the Kings GEP today- an offer for the 4 year course which I was pretty surprised about. So it appears their reply cycle is definately underway now, so hopefully everyone hears from them soon.
Original post by Omar Little
Hey guys, I got a reply from the Kings GEP today- an offer for the 4 year course which I was pretty surprised about. So it appears their reply cycle is definately underway now, so hopefully everyone hears from them soon.

Omg youre the first person Ive seen get a GEP offer from Kings! Congratulations! :biggrin:

Now I can start getting really nervous and obsessive with the refresh button....
Thanks NewStitches, Hopefully they will let everyone know pretty soon. Good luck
Thanks NewStitches, Hopefully they will let everyone know pretty soon. Good luck

Omar Little - is that a reference to the wire and possibly the greatest character in any show ever?

"I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right? " LOVE IT
Roystonvesey - Good spot, it is indeed a 'wire' reference. The court scene that quote comes from is great.
Does anyone have an interview for Swansea on Monday? I've been calling their GEM department for a week and can't get hold of anyone. I don't have an itinerary so I've no idea when they want me there.
Original post by TomosANTIGUATomos
Does anyone have an interview for Swansea on Monday? I've been calling their GEM department for a week and can't get hold of anyone. I don't have an itinerary so I've no idea when they want me there.

I had to be at mine at 11, at a certain building (can't remember the name sorry)
Thanks.
Reply 290

can you please tell me your stats? i have not yet applied, but thinking of and I want to see the calibre of student that get onto the 4 year course. :smile:
No problem itzme,
My degree was Engineering Science at Oxford (2:1).
UKCAT was 805.
I graduated in 2008 and worked in the city for a year and have been a Medical Physicist/Engineer in the NHS since.
Work experience is St John Ambulance, volunteering with the elderly in my community, and a couple of short shadowing stints with a GP and a radiologist.
I think that is about it. Have I missed of any obvious information?

Not sure if my app is typical for kings or not.
Reply 292
No problem itzme,
My degree was Engineering Science at Oxford (2:1).
UKCAT was 805.
I graduated in 2008 and worked in the city for a year and have been a Medical Physicist/Engineer in the NHS since.
Work experience is St John Ambulance, volunteering with the elderly in my community, and a couple of short shadowing stints with a GP and a radiologist.
I think that is about it. Have I missed of any obvious information?

Not sure if my app is typical for kings or not.

You're from Oxford, got an insanely high UKCAT score and worked in the city... WOW

I feel miserable about my profile now :frown:
Original post by itzme
You're from Oxford, got an insanely high UKCAT score and worked in the city... WOW

lol, yes its not very encouraging is it!!
My background is certainly nothing like that! :smile:
To be honest I think the whole city thing was a bit of a hinderance. It basically raised the question that I might be a heartless/mercenary ****. Especially as my leaving the city coincided with the year of reduced bonusses and redundancies etc. I think the UKCAT kinda only matters to the point you make a set cut off level the uni sets. I would also say my profile was a bit light on work experience (which was the cambridge feedback).
Original post by itzme

Original post by NewStitches

Don't worry guys, I got in with much less than that. It's all on getting the UKCAT cut-off and doing well at interview.

I have a feeling they love extra-curricular stuff too like societies. Most of my interview I just chatted about non-academic stuff...
Hi all,
Congrats to all offers!
Anybody still waiting to hear from KCL GPEP (who had an interview)?
Seems like offers came out Wednesday and rejections Friday...?
I haven't heard either way - doesn't seem promising :-(
Reply 297
Original post by NewStitches

I will not apply to very competitive medical schools. they all are, but the ones in London are quite a challenge!
Reply 298
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Don't worry guys, I got in with much less than that. It's all on getting the UKCAT cut-off and doing well at interview.

I have a feeling they love extra-curricular stuff too like societies. Most of my interview I just chatted about non-academic stuff...

i think the big problem is the ukcat! when i did it a few years ago, i only managed a 550 or 570.

I don't think 700 is a possibility for me.
Hi everyone!

Just had a quick read through the above and wanted to say good luck to everyone! I heard back from Kings yesterday and got an offer for the 4 year course, still in a massive state of shock!!

Katie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending