The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rubberdam123
Why did you choose durham over nottingham? I'm torn between the 2 at the moment.

Visited both and much preferred the whole set up at Durham. The course at Nottingham is great but I felt they were negligible in terms of content, so came to a decision about where I'd want to live; and personally would much rather spend 3 years in Durham!
Original post by Simon_Sbk
Dang I think my Rejection may be comign in soon because i pretty much follow the same criteria u and got a B in AS which was 6 ums off A, i also lack A* in GCSE so dang :confused:
Btw when did u send off UCAS?

8th January.

also don't feel too negative about it.. i mean my B was in Economics (of all subjects), one of my AS subjects was Business Studies, i may not have had a strong enough personal statement as they never specified exactly why they rejected me, etc etc. so basically, there's other factors to consider.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ramin Gorji
salam dariush jan. Fekr mikonam York as hamashoon behtar bashe as nazereh dars va repuation va az loughborough va soas khely reazish bishtar hast va harchi bishtar ke behtar :wink: . SOAS moshkelesh in ast ke kar bad az dars kheli narrow hast va fekr meekonam zakht tar bashad aghe as SOAS betoneen bereen reshteye finance dar ayandeh. akhareen nokteh in ast man ham York offer dar am va kheli khosh hal misham ke be ye iraneyeh dege ashnah beshavam haha :P .

What's with the negative reps?
Original post by Superimpose
8th January.

also don't feel too negative about it.. i mean my B was in Economics (of all subjects), one of my AS subjects was Business Studies, i may not have had a strong enough personal statement as they never specified exactly why they rejected me, etc etc. so basically, there's other factors to consider.

Hmm, I sent my application off novermber 10th, very wierd to why I have not heard back from them. Plus reason for negativity is cuz i've already been rejected from UCL and notts so ...
Hmm, I sent my application off novermber 10th, very wierd to why I have not heard back from them. Plus reason for negativity is cuz i've already been rejected from UCL and notts so ...

Maybe you skipped the first round of rejections :wink:!
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Maybe you skipped the first round of rejections :wink:!

Yeh thats possible hopefully im in the next round of offers :biggrin:
and wen did u send off your application?
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeh thats possible hopefully im in the next round of offers :biggrin:
and wen did u send off your application?

29th nov
Reply 1727
Original post by Sports Racer
I've been to both on open days and I really didn't like Cass whereas I fell in love with Sussex.

Yup same thing with me, i went to cass open day last year and disliked it! and went to see sussex and it was great!

I prefer to go sussex, the only thing is my parents keep on telling me that cass is better for the subject and all that :frown: lol
Reply 1728
Original post by urghhh
Sussex imo.

Mainly because i wouldn't ever want to go to a Uni in London because i live near it.

Yup same here, although i love london, ive heard that brighton is great! and i would like to experience something different.

Only thing is do you think sussex is pretty good for eco?
Reply 1729
Got an offer from Birmingham, Manchester and Exeter. Are they good for economics?
Reply 1730
Original post by nanaomi
Got an offer from Birmingham, Manchester and Exeter. Are they good for economics?

I'd firm exeter and insurance birmingham
Reply 1731
Original post by yinsylvia
we have pretty similar choices! i applied to exeter, york, sheffield, durham and sussex. heard from sheffield yet? :smile:

I got an unconditional from Sheffield the other day, im only waiting on York now :smile:
Is anyone still waiting for Warwick?
Has any1 recently been rejected or recently gained an offer and what is the offer?
Original post by markwilliams_hello
Good news: No rejection from LSE yet.
Bad news: Rejection from Warwick.

Does that mean I'll get rejected from LSE as LSE's a better uni than Warwick hmmmmmmm?

Cambridge: Unsuccessful
UCL: Waiting
LSE: Waiting
Nottingham: AAA Offer
Warwick: Unsuccessful

WOWWWW!! we practicallly applied to the same unis! difference is that iv been rejecting from LSE UCL and oxford!
AAA offer from nottingham and im still waiting warwick

What are your AS, GCSE and predicted grades
Original post by MissPrecious..x
WOWWWW!! we practicallly applied to the same unis! difference is that iv been rejecting from LSE UCL and oxford!
AAA offer from nottingham and im still waiting warwick

What are your AS, GCSE and predicted grades

Hi I'm waiting for Warwick too. They've given out a few A*AAA grades to alot of the oxbridge hopefuls so far. Not many rejections that I know of.
Reply 1735
Has any1 recently been rejected or recently gained an offer and what is the offer?

Yeah, I'm still waiting... so nervous!
Reply 1736
Original post by misterb123
Got offers for economics bsc from
Royal Holloway - ABB
Reading uni -ABB
Brunel - 320 points 4yearSW

Just need to pick insurance and firm - any suggestions (btw i wanna go into finance after uni)

Im finking of RHUL as firm and Brunel as Insurance

Personally i would choose Reading as firm, and upto you for insurance but brunel would be easier as insurance since its points based. Reading because it has known business school (Henley) and does have the ICMA a school for financial markets, so might have the network/contacts which RH may or may not have to help you into a financey related job..
Original post by nanaomi

I'm just gonna go ahead and wager that any career boost an undergraduate degree from one of those three yields is pretty much negligible against the other two.

just go for the funnest place imo
Reply 1738

still waiting on warwick too... they're taking ages!
Original post by teshnit
Personally i would choose Reading as firm, and upto you for insurance but brunel would be easier as insurance since its points based. Reading because it has known business school (Henley) and does have the ICMA a school for financial markets, so might have the network/contacts which RH may or may not have to help you into a financey related job..

cool that would be quite useful for me as i do want to enter the markets after. Thanks for the tip:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending