The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LornaSandison1
Has anybody had a reply about Law with Spanish and Spanish Law (or any of the languages)? I'm still waiting!

Not yet. Argh!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1221
Conditional for Law...yeah...finally I got a reply, though Nottingham isn't my first choice.

God, just had a shock when I checked my mail and it was a long minute till I logged myself into UCAS Track...anyway I don't know what the condition is...so happy right now
Reply 1222
Original post by catalina18
Not yet. Argh!

Me neither :frown:
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. nott uni seems great gd social life good education... but the engineering block looks awful :eek: http infact the university park campus aint so great :frown:
i got an offer a couple weeks ago for neuroscience!! im an international student from US
Original post by CoffeAddict
Could it be that nottingham is slightly disorganised?
they seriously gave me an offer two times now, and updated it twice on ucas. Not that I mind, at least I know they want me. But I got so excited that ucas had updated, and it was only an updated second offer from nottingham , my heart stood still and then this!

They are disorganised, even though this isn't technically one of those times haha. I asked one question about the c/w sample, they forwarded it to the wrong person and then took weeks to reply, before the correct person answered after I had already sent my sample off?! Nightmare x

Original post by ThePurpleRose
Just sent my writing sample off for English Lit with Creative Writing.

Has anyone heard back from Notts about this course yet?

It's interesting that thay gave me 4 weeks to send them a sample yet still told me I should have a decision from them by the end of February... Even though if I took 4 weeks to send it, we'd already be in March. Not that I'm knocking it, though it probably means I'll be rejected... Let's hope not, though! :tongue:

I'm the same as bubble, mine was sent in November :redface: so tense waiting haha

Original post by ThePurpleRose
I really wish univesities wouldn't do that. Like Royal Holloway and their promise to get back to everyone within 4-6 weeks, when the Lit and Creative Writing students are taking so much longer than that! :mad:

I hope it means Nottingham will be relatively quick though...

I know the feeling! I know people who have all 5 of their offers (and rejections in some cases) and are making their decisions... I'm still waiting on two of mine...

I'm waiting on three of mine and I'm waiting for RHUL too ! x
Reply 1226
Hello, I'm applying to mathematics G100 :smile:
I got an offer about 3 weeks ago but they still haven't written to me to confirm this or to invite me to a visit day.
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long they generally take to do this. I'm a little worried it might have got lost in the post and I could miss my oppurtunity to go visit.
Original post by hilaryd
I got an offer about 3 weeks ago but they still haven't written to me to confirm this or to invite me to a visit day.
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how long they generally take to do this. I'm a little worried it might have got lost in the post and I could miss my oppurtunity to go visit.

Have you got a password to the mynottingham portal? cos that's where they put the info for my open day. If not maybe email or ring them up.
Original post by hilaryd

Use the portal :smile: I applied for the same course, but it took them until about 6-8 weeks before they sent me anything in the post.

Your portal log in will be your ucas number and the password will be your birthday in the form 03oct89 if your birthday was 3rd October 1989.

I'm booked to visit the uni on March 9th, so i might see you there if there are any spaces left :smile:

EDIT: http://my.nottingham.ac.uk/ugapps this is where you log in :smile:
Reply 1229
Original post by CharleyChester
Use the portal :smile: I applied for the same course, but it took them until about 6-8 weeks before they sent me anything in the post.

Your portal log in will be your ucas number and the password will be your birthday in the form 03oct89 if your birthday was 3rd October 1989.

I'm booked to visit the uni on March 9th, so i might see you there if there are any spaces left :smile:

EDIT: http://my.nottingham.ac.uk/ugapps this is where you log in :smile:

Thankyou very much, they sent me an email when I first applied about the portal but I'd totally forgotten about it. :smile:
Reply 1230
Still waiting on Law M100 here, have many offers have gone out?
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I'm the same as bubble, mine was sent in November :redface: so tense waiting haha

I'm waiting on three of mine and I'm waiting for RHUL too ! x

I'm not expecting a very quick reply from RHUL, not with how lond they took to ask me for a sample...

I can feel that waiting pressure! :tongue:
Anyone going to the maths open day on wednesday?
Reply 1233
I applied in November for BA Geography and Business at Nottingham and still havent heard anything....I have since recieved all my other offers except nottingham. Is this normal? And who else is still waiting to hear from them????
Reply 1234
Original post by Krydel
Still waiting on Law M100 here, have many offers have gone out?

Hi again,
From what I can tell they sent a small batch of offers out just after the LNAT results were released and they haven't sent any out since then (I don't think). So I guess we're just waiting until the next batch but as they haven't rejected many, if at all, I think we're all just waiting together :smile:
Original post by catalina18
Not yet. Argh!

Anything yet? Or have you seen anything on TSR? I'm still waiting!
Reply 1236
Here or York, people? Have no clue where to firm. I prefer the course at York, but I prefer the Campus and city of Nottingham. HELP!
Original post by Wedgely
Here or York, people? Have no clue where to firm. I prefer the course at York, but I prefer the Campus and city of Nottingham. HELP!

Same problem here. What are you applying for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by alexs2602
Anyone going to the maths open day on wednesday?

Not this one, going to the one on 9th March :biggrin:
Reply 1239
Original post by cookie4monster
Same problem here. What are you applying for?

History. You?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending