The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2011 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicole_Sarah
Heyy :smile:

Anyone got an offer for Psychology at Queens?

Think its what I'm going to do this year :smile: Got an unconditional offer.

Anyone doing it at the minute?

I do :smile: a conditional one though, have you been to visit?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by georrggiiia
I do :smile: a conditional one though, have you been to visit?

Oo congrats :smile: What is it based on?
Nope I haven't been to visit, have you?
I recieved an offer for English Literature and Creative Writing today. :smile: However, I'm slightly worried that they might have made a mistake because on the email they said they called you for interview if they liked the portfolio(?!)
Reply 103
Got an offer to study International Politics and Conflict Studies :smile: Going over from England, so currently dreading the ferry fares :frown:

How good is the rugby setup over there?
I didn't realise there was a thread for Queen's, I would of posted at an earlier date! lol I replied to my offers in late November.

I've confirmed both my Firm and Insurance offer's from Queen's University.
Computing and Information Technology for my Firm and Business Information Technologly for my Insurance :biggrin:

I'm scared about my grades that I will achieve in August! I completely messed up my January exams due to panic, as I then realised that if I failed them, I only have one more chance to sit the exams again in June! :-/ Pure scared.

Also, when do we apply to Elm's Village student accommodation?
Got my offer for Film Studies at Queen's last week. Excited. It's the uni I most want to go to, and I love the student's union. Going there on Sunday to see Mogwai play.
Reply 106
I got an offer to study medicine :smile:
has anyone received an offer for Queens and are currently living in England? I haven't spoken to anyone from England who went to Queens and i really don't know how i would cope living a plane journey away
Reply 107
:colondollar:
Original post by flo448
I got an offer to study medicine :smile:
has anyone received an offer for Queens and are currently living in England? I haven't spoken to anyone from England who went to Queens and i really don't know how i would cope living a plane journey away

hallo,, living in belfast is briliant, i ve been there, went to queens for learning some english, ppl are amazing, city is live and full of life, people are friendly,,, some times they get mean to foreigners but over all they all been nice to me, the educated ones lol
hugs good luck:biggrin:
Just got my unconditional through a few minutes ago!

I'm definitely going to university this year!! :nutcase:
Reply 109
Original post by RatherSpiffing
I recieved an offer for English Literature and Creative Writing today. :smile: However, I'm slightly worried that they might have made a mistake because on the email they said they called you for interview if they liked the portfolio(?!)

Hi there. Got my offer for English with Creative Writing on Tuesday and had the same concern which you have. The email I got asking for sample writing also mentioned an interview in April if they were satisfied with the writing I submitted.

The only reason I can think of is that perhaps they got less applicants than they expected and so have offered all their places without needing to call for an interview.

I'm really not sure if this is the case so will ring today to confirm and I will let you know then :smile: Think this will be my insurance choice so not overly worried!

EDIT
Just rang up the admissions office who put me through to the School of English at Queens. The guy I was talking with there said that I will be contacted by Queens regarding an interview at a later date and that despite receiving an offer through UCAS the interview stage will still be going ahead.

Hope this helps you!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Nicole_Sarah
Oo congrats :smile: What is it based on?
Nope I haven't been to visit, have you?

thanks, it's ABB, so pretty good :smile: no not yet, I'm hoping to go but I'm pretty skint so I don't know whether I'll make it :s
Reply 111
Original post by Silent-Varjoisa
Got an offer fro Archaeology. Thanks!

Got an offer for BSc Chem with a year abroad for BBC or BCC/b :biggrin:

anyone else coming from england?
Original post by lornaa
Got an offer for BSc Chem with a year abroad for BBC or BCC/b :biggrin:

anyone else coming from england?

Congrats :smile:
Original post by DervlaLFC
Hi there. Got my offer for English with Creative Writing on Tuesday and had the same concern which you have. The email I got asking for sample writing also mentioned an interview in April if they were satisfied with the writing I submitted.

The only reason I can think of is that perhaps they got less applicants than they expected and so have offered all their places without needing to call for an interview.

I'm really not sure if this is the case so will ring today to confirm and I will let you know then :smile: Think this will be my insurance choice so not overly worried!

EDIT
Just rang up the admissions office who put me through to the School of English at Queens. The guy I was talking with there said that I will be contacted by Queens regarding an interview at a later date and that despite receiving an offer through UCAS the interview stage will still be going ahead.

Hope this helps you!

Hello, thank you for that information!

Slightly odd this post-offer interview thing, my friend had one at another university... I suppose it gives the admissions people a chance to prioritise applicants in case offers are missed. Perhaps!

It'd be my insurance if anything so I'm not sure if it's worth a trip to Belfast. Oh well. Thanks again! Have you applied for that course anywhere else?
Reply 114
Is anyone going to the School of English open day on the 24th?

I've got an offer for English, my application for English with Creative Writing was unsuccessful ):

Maybe see you there (:
Original post by georrggiiia
thanks, it's ABB, so pretty good :smile: no not yet, I'm hoping to go but I'm pretty skint so I don't know whether I'll make it :s

Oo good! Where you from?
Reply 116
Got a conditional offer for biomedical science :biggrin: (BBB)
Reply 117
Original post by Clens
Got an offer to study International Politics and Conflict Studies :smile: Going over from England, so currently dreading the ferry fares :frown:

How good is the rugby setup over there?

That's my course!! :biggrin:
I'll be in final year when you start tho lol.
They've made a load of really great improvements to the course in the last year or two so you'll have some great modules to do :smile:

Rugby - There are clubs/teams, pretty decent playing grounds, not too sure how they perform but they cant be that bad lol, they're from Queen's!
Original post by Hollypops

Original post by Hollypops
Is anyone going to the School of English open day on the 24th?

I've got an offer for English, my application for English with Creative Writing was unsuccessful ):

Maybe see you there (:

I've got a conditional offer for English too, don't think I'll be able to make it on the 24th but it is one of my top choices :smile:

I applied for English with CW as well but I haven't heard back from them yet. They told me to submit a piece of writing for the 4th of Feb, which I did and they confirmed that they got it. How long did it take them to get back to you after submitting your writing???
Reply 119
Original post by wordjunkie
I've got a conditional offer for English too, don't think I'll be able to make it on the 24th but it is one of my top choices :smile:

I applied for English with CW as well but I haven't heard back from them yet. They told me to submit a piece of writing for the 4th of Feb, which I did and they confirmed that they got it. How long did it take them to get back to you after submitting your writing???

I had to submit my writing for 7th of January and got a reply around the 11th of February, so over a month! It was so painful waiting at times! And sucks that I didn't get an offer/interview. But I still have the offer for plain Jane English!

Hope that calms you a little! It is a bit horrible waiting :/

I don't know any people going on the 24th! I'm a little nervous but very excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending