The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sango

Original post by sango
Now I think about it, what were you doing on this thread? You're at uni already. :eyeball:

I'm not African either. :dontknow:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1741
Original post by Crazy Paving
I'm not African either. :dontknow:

Yeah but that is a thread full of people whom you talk to on a regular basisi on here. Do you crawl random threads?
Original post by sango

Original post by sango
Yeah but that is a thread full of people whom you talk to on a regular basisi on here. Do you crawl random threads?

I only talk to them on a regular basis because I went there. I didn't go there for them. Yes I do. :smile:
Reply 1743
Original post by ansgreen
I STILL haven't heard back?! Maybe they're just ignoring me :P
Where are you gonna go now then? :smile:

Im applying for history and politics too! Cant believe we havent heard yet!
Reply 1744
Original post by KingMessi
Meh, yes, I do. But thank you for all of that. I guess I'll just reapply a stronger candidate next year...where are you going now?

I doubt Bristol will take me. :erm:

I don't know yet. Still waiting to hear back from Warwick (I'm not exactly hopeful), Durham (my ridiculous longshot) and York (I'm trying to remain positive...), but if they all fail then either Exeter or Leeds - I'm really not sure who I prefer of the two (better than last year's position by a mile though!)

You could try Extra/Clearing if worst comes to worst and you really want to go to uni this year?
Original post by bubble11
Sorry to hear about this, I really feel for you :frown: Competition for uni places is so crazy this year and it's really crappy that working your butt off and getting amazing grades isn't enough to get you offers. God knows what unis like Warwick are looking for in applicants - it doesn't make any sense that someone like me would get an interview while you get rejected because your grades are so much better than mine! Good luck with Bristol, I hope they give you an offer!

Thank you. :smile: TSR is extremely supportive. :top: I guess that grades just aren't everything, and what I thought were good GCSE's at the time are actually fairly average, especially seeing as I went to a private school.

I am fairly surprised at not even getting an interview. Oh well, c'est la vie.

But thank you again, best of luck with you. :smile:
Original post by Sappho
Hello :smile:
I remember talking to you quite some time ago. Have you applied to Warwick? Any decisions yet?

Hello :wavey:

I'm actually a PhD student, so have done my undergrad... I probably shouldn't be hanging around here but I can't help it - I enjoyed Warwick so much I want to tell everyone about it, and my girlfriend works there so I get to know some of what goes on behind the scenes.

That's some fine offers you have - congratulations :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by megaduck

I'm actually a PhD student, so have done my undergrad... I probably shouldn't be hanging around here but I can't help it - I enjoyed Warwick so much I want to tell everyone about it, and my girlfriend works there so I get to know some of what goes on behind the scenes.

Undergrad-Warwick
Postgrad-Oxford
PhD-???
Reply 1748
Original post by KingMessi
I intend to do a gap year and have a job lined up that will earn me between £8000 and £9000. Plus jobs both this summer and next should leave me in a good financial position. I can also try to expand my literary CV and write a better PS. Hopefully all of that, combined with 2 A*'s and an A, should get me into somewhere good next year.

Where is your friend now?

She's reapplying with me. She hasn't heard anything yet, and she's thinking about not even going as she has a full-time job now that she enjoys, but I expect she'll go.
Yes, I think this year has been especially harsh on everyone. Hopefully it'll return to normal for you next year.
Reply 1749

Oh thank you! :smile:
So where are you studying at the moment? Hm, I wonder where we spoke to each other. I might confuse you with someone else. Where are you from?
Reply 1750
Original post by Pigeon93
Im wondering the same thing! I got an offer in november for 38 IB points :biggrin:
They don't have many stats on the website... is Warwick your top choice?

no, not really. i´m still waiting to hear back from lse and kings. Probs gonna be accepted by kings but i´m hoping for lse. what about u?
Original post by Sappho
Oh thank you! :smile:
So where are you studying at the moment? Hm, I wonder where we spoke to each other. I might confuse you with someone else. Where are you from?

Birmingham, in answer to both questions. PhD funding's a beast and I couldn't get any, so I'm PhD-ing part time.
Reply 1752
Birmingham, in answer to both questions. PhD funding's a beast and I couldn't get any, so I'm PhD-ing part time.

Oh, I see. Well, it seems like I did indeed confuse you:tongue: But this is interesting anyway:wink: What are you studying for your PhD?
Reply 1753
got an offer last week! :smile: my conditions are 36 IB points with a 4 in English and 6 in Math SL...even though my predicted is 43. pretty happy with it!
Original post by maria.fm
got an offer last week! :smile: my conditions are 36 IB points with a 4 in English and 6 in Math SL...even though my predicted is 43. pretty happy with it!

Course?

Will you firm it?
Reply 1755
Original post by iceman1
Im applying for history and politics too! Cant believe we havent heard yet!

I am so glad someone else hasn't heard! It's seemingly either a rejection or nothing so I guess no news is good news? :confused:
Hi,

Hopefully a maths fresher next year!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA

Good luck with your applications/offers!!
Reply 1757
Anyone heard for European Law (French)? I sent mine off on the 13th October and have heard nothing...
I am so glad someone else hasn't heard! It's seemingly either a rejection or nothing so I guess no news is good news? :confused:

I've also applied for History and Politics in mid-October. One of my friends got rejected but I've heard of no acceptances, so I guess there have been very few offers so far.
Reply 1759

Thats what im working on. Hopefully wont be too long though, im guessing theyre doing rejections and then offers?!

Quick Reply

Latest