The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think he should play/at least bench him. It's only one game it could backfire on us.
Original post by Skaiyote
I don't think he should play/at least bench him. It's only one game it could backfire on us.

only Wenger will know if he is fit or not, not us. We don't really see him in training tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by T.Adams VI
only Wenger will know if he is fit or not, not us. We don't really see him in training tbh.

I thought he said he wasn't 100%?
Meh we've got a much better chance against them with him though :yep:

Edit.
"I will not take a crazy gamble, but physically he is ready," said Wenger. "There is just a risk of him suffering a setback, so we will test him medically and physically. There are other important games coming up we have Leyton Orient in the FA Cup, and the Carling Cup final, and the return game in Barcelona in three weeks. So it is important not to be stupid."
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3603
Original post by Skaiyote

I agree with this, tbh, I'd rather see him start against Leyton Orient. I think it's more important to keep him fit and ready for Camp Nou.
Can't wait for Wilshere to GEL up one of Xavi/Iniesta/Messi :smile:
He'll get red carded as soon as he sticks a foot in. The Denilson booking in the second leg last year was typical of Barca and European refs. Wilshere would be better off leaving the 'nasty' stuff for the league games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcmy5XpciwQ
(edited 13 years ago)
You can get in a teams face without being physical. The best team in the world at that? Barcelona. Their pressing game forces errors out of almost everyone.
Reply 3608
Original post by Hantheman
You can get in a teams face without being physical. The best team in the world at that? Barcelona. Their pressing game forces errors out of almost everyone.

Yeah, I remeber in the first leg :colonhash: First 25 mins they were pressing like a bitch...:colonhash::colonhash:
Reply 3609
Original post by Hantheman

Also people tend to forget that the physicaly pressing of Barcelona is different that of EPL teams.
Reply 3610
The Guardian
5) It is possible to be too good to be a holding player

On Match of the Day, Alan Hansen wrote off the possibility of Jack Wilshere becoming a holding midfielder. "Never," the Scot insisted, "he's too good to be a holding player." Hansen is not alone in thinking that the Arsenal man is not best suited to life as a defensive midfielder, but it had never previously crossed my mind that there is a quality threshold above which holding midfielders simply cannot pass. That's precisely the kind of tactical insight these former players are employed to pass on as pundits. Thanks, Alan.

Go Guardian :jive:
Reply 3611
Original post by R-KAM

Original post by R-KAM
Go Guardian :jive:

That amused me when I read it a few minutes back :mmm: I am sure Alonso, Pirlo et al would have something to say about being too good to be a holding player.
Reply 3612
Original post by Mess.
That amused me when I read it a few minutes back :mmm: I am sure Alonso, Pirlo et al would have something to say about being too good to be a holding player.

He's not very bright. Did they really have to mention the fact he's Scottish though? :colonhash:
Reply 3613
Original post by R-KAM

Original post by R-KAM
He's not very bright. Did they really have to mention the fact he's Scottish though? :colonhash:

They didn't have to really as people would have guessed due to how stupid he comes across as :h:
Wonder if Hansen has even seen Biscuits in action tbf, the key cog in the Barca machine.
Reply 3615
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
Wonder if Hansen has even seen Biscuits in action tbf, the key cog in the Barca machine.

He's got a good touch for a big lad that Biscuits.
Reply 3616
Song's not that technically limited either. :dontknow:

Didn't Beckenbauer play holding midfielder at one point? There was also Fernando Redondo. :sogood:
Reply 3617
Fernando Hierro :sogood:
Ronald Koeman :sogood:
Frank Rijkaard :sogood:
Reply 3618
Pep Guardiola :mmm:
Bertie Auld :coma:

Latest