The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Guy when we apply for applicant visit day are we supposed to get a confirmation letter? or just an email?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Swimmer
Guy when we apply for applicant visit day are we supposed to get a confirmation letter? or just an email?

Email im sure, you get an email reminder and a postal 'leaflet' reminder too.
Reply 282
Original post by jimbles
Just to let you all know we can start applying for student finance from March 16th :smile:

safe jim! :beer: :wink:
Reply 283
Original post by zedjay010
safe jim! :beer: :wink:

no probs :wink:
Reply 284
Just booked an open day then :smile: Does anyone know if it matters if your turn up like 15 minutes late? as I can save like 30 quid by getting a slightly later train :smile:
Original post by Richo_EFC
Just booked an open day then :smile: Does anyone know if it matters if your turn up like 15 minutes late? as I can save like 30 quid by getting a slightly later train :smile:

No, it won't matter if you turn up 15 minutes left for the start as its quite informal anyway, its not like an interview or anything. What course is it for??
Reply 286
Original post by babelicious_1986
No, it won't matter if you turn up 15 minutes left for the start as its quite informal anyway, its not like an interview or anything. What course is it for??

Ok thanks, I was just worried Id get left behind or something haha :biggrin: Its for Business management and Accounting and Finance :smile:
Original post by Richo_EFC
Ok thanks, I was just worried Id get left behind or something haha :biggrin: Its for Business management and Accounting and Finance :smile:

No you won't get left behind at all, if its anything like the rest of the uni's post offer open events then you get the occassional eager beaver who turns up even before the staff have so say an even starts at 10 for registration they will be here at 9 and expect the tours and talks to start when they arrive etc.

But mostly it will be info stands from the courses and then something from finance, student support, accommodation and the student union plus students milling around to ask questions and join in campus tours with a look at some accommodation. then the talks from the subject your interested in plus a student life and finance talk if you want to attend those but they usually have two talks per degree course on the day so choose which best suits you then go exploring the city if you want to.
Original post by bexo
oooo, is nottingham trent your firm? we will defintely bump into each other then haha! might be flat mates haha! im getting excited :biggrin: x

Yeahh! :smile: That would be cool to know people before get there! x
Reply 289
Original post by Stephhcharlene
Yeahh! :smile: That would be cool to know people before get there! x

You still coming for the drinks I owe you? :tongue:
Original post by Swimmer
All halls will be as good as you make them. Im going on the 12 too :wink:

:smile: well then i'll see you there ... its nice to know someone there (kind of) haha :h:
Reply 291
Went to the open day today, the lecture rooms in Newton building are seriously really niceeee. Accomandation was abit dissapointing as that they only showed Gill Street and not the other 2 nearby. For the guys - some really fit girls were there :biggrin:.
Reply 292
Swimmer, cheers for the heads up :wink: lol
Reply 293
Hey,

Also a soon-to-be 2011 fresher at NTU (pretty excited). Anybody else applied to do criminology or anything similar?
How far is Sadby Hall from the main city campus? I do want to book Gill Street, but firstly a lot of other people want to book that and secondly its expensive.
How far's Norton Court from the main city site?
Reply 295
Original post by Tanya---
How far is Sadby Hall from the main city campus? I do want to book Gill Street, but firstly a lot of other people want to book that and secondly its expensive.
How far's Norton Court from the main city site?

The NTU ambassador said she used to live in Norton Court and it took her around 20 minutes walk to the city. But I swere Norton Court is located close to high crime areas? (mite be wrong).
Reply 296
Anyone here going to be doing International Business? I'm in my first year and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Original post by Swimmer
The NTU ambassador said she used to live in Norton Court and it took her around 20 minutes walk to the city. But I swere Norton Court is located close to high crime areas? (mite be wrong).

20 minutes.. i'm too lazy for that. LOL.
What about Sandby Hall? I do like Gill Street, but I've got NTU as my insurance so I won't be given priority over those who have it as their firm.
Original post by Tanya---
20 minutes.. i'm too lazy for that. LOL.
What about Sandby Hall? I do like Gill Street, but I've got NTU as my insurance so I won't be given priority over those who have it as their firm.

You won't actually be able to apply for accommodation at all with NTU as you hold an insurance offer, so you won't get an accommodation pack with booking details as only people who have it as their firm choice get this. its the same for most unis so you will apply at whichever uni you have a firm offer for accommodation and if you happen not to gte in on results day then you apply at your insurance choice and see what they have available
Reply 299
Original post by babelicious_1986
You won't actually be able to apply for accommodation at all with NTU as you hold an insurance offer, so you won't get an accommodation pack with booking details as only people who have it as their firm choice get this. its the same for most unis so you will apply at whichever uni you have a firm offer for accommodation and if you happen not to gte in on results day then you apply at your insurance choice and see what they have available

do you know when we recieve the accommodation pack? :biggrin: I've an unconditional so I heard we get first choices? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending