Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by jimbles
do you know when we recieve the accommodation pack? :biggrin: I've an unconditional so I heard we get first choices? lol

I had a chat with one of the people in the accommodation services and he said it should be sometime next month, so most people should have it by the end of March/beginning of April I think.
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by Jobud
I had a chat with one of the people in the accommodation services and he said it should be sometime next month, so most people should have it by the end of March/beginning of April I think.

Ahhh now that's exciting :biggrin: Also, do we get our NTU Student numbers and stuff with that so we can log into the NTU site?
Reply 302
Original post by jimbles
Ahhh now that's exciting :biggrin: Also, do we get our NTU Student numbers and stuff with that so we can log into the NTU site?

Yeah I think so, we need our NTU ID numbers to book the accommodation, so I think they'll come with the pack :biggrin: I think mine got lost in the post when I applied last year, so I had to call up to get mine aha.
Reply 303
Original post by Tanya---
How far is Sadby Hall from the main city campus? I do want to book Gill Street, but firstly a lot of other people want to book that and secondly its expensive.
How far's Norton Court from the main city site?

heyyy, sandby is literally a 5 min walk to the city campus...if that!
I'm thinking of staying in sandby, was gonna stay in hampden but I like the idea of having my own bathroom lol :biggrin: x
Reply 304
Original post by bexo
I'm thinking of staying in sandby, was gonna stay in hampden but I like the idea of having my own bathroom lol :biggrin: x

Sharing a kitchen with 13 people? :O I cant even imagine the mess :biggrin:
Reply 305
Original post by Swimmer
Sharing a kitchen with 13 people? :O I cant even imagine the mess :biggrin:

I know haha, I saw that and it put me off a little :s but I really wanna live on the city campus cos I'm lazy haha. Maybe I should choose Hampden....im rubbish at deciding stuff haha!

where are you hoping to live? :biggrin:
Reply 306
Original post by bexo
I know haha, I saw that and it put me off a little :s but I really wanna live on the city campus cos I'm lazy haha. Maybe I should choose Hampden....im rubbish at deciding stuff haha!

where are you hoping to live? :biggrin:

Im thinking Hampden too, was Norton Court at first but then thought nahh...
Reply 307
Original post by Swimmer
Im thinking Hampden too, was Norton Court at first but then thought nahh...

Have you got any idea what the rooms are like in Hampden?
I can only find one pic ha :biggrin:

what are you studying then?
Reply 308
Original post by bexo
Have you got any idea what the rooms are like in Hampden?
I can only find one pic ha :biggrin:

what are you studying then?

No idea :frown: i was hoping maybe someone in there could post a photo :smile:. Law, wbu?
Reply 309
Original post by ssmith181
anyone applied for criminology? :smile:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
BA or BSc?
Reply 310
So I don't quite get the timings of fresher's week? I've been told that it's 2 weeks before classes start? So does that mean we do freshers and then either go home or remain in the accommodation for two weeks, or I'm wrong...?
Original post by babelicious_1986
You won't actually be able to apply for accommodation at all with NTU as you hold an insurance offer, so you won't get an accommodation pack with booking details as only people who have it as their firm choice get this. its the same for most unis so you will apply at whichever uni you have a firm offer for accommodation and if you happen not to gte in on results day then you apply at your insurance choice and see what they have available

I just found out about this recently. My school didn't tell me about any of this, and just rushed me into my firm and insurance. Damn! Never mind, I guess i'll just find out on results day? Thanks.
Original post by bexo

I'm going to try and stay in Sandby hall too if I end up going to NTU. I'm a bit OCD about having my own bathroom LOL. I can't share a bathroom with other people...:colondollar:
I just found out about this recently. My school didn't tell me about any of this, and just rushed me into my firm and insurance. Damn! Never mind, I guess i'll just find out on results day? Thanks.

No problem, sixth forms never make it clear to students sometimes that they can't apply for accommodation if the uni is their insurance or some of the other stuff as well sometimes
Reply 314
Hampden massive.... got to rough it, cant afford the posh halls!
Reply 315
Original post by PO3T
So I don't quite get the timings of fresher's week? I've been told that it's 2 weeks before classes start? So does that mean we do freshers and then either go home or remain in the accommodation for two weeks, or I'm wrong...?

Freshers week will be the week before the term officially starts.....

From my own understanding, this year the dates for freshers week will most likely be the week beginning 26th Sept, but the weekend of 23rd-25th will be moving in weekend.... and the term starts officially for all or most courses on Monday 3rd October....

That's only how I understand it to be though so don't take my word for granted lol.
No problem, sixth forms never make it clear to students sometimes that they can't apply for accommodation if the uni is their insurance or some of the other stuff as well sometimes

That's so annoying that they didn't tell us... blaaa. Well I guess i've just got to try and meet the grades for my firm. I've been to Nottingham Trent twice now, but I've forgotton everything LOL. How far is Simpsons from the city campus? And Blenheim, how far's that? I think I'm just going to try and get into Sandby Hall if I can, Gill street has a lot of demand so I know i won't get into there. And I've heard some very bad thing's about Norton Court. Do you go the Uni? Where are you staying? (SORRY for so many questions... Just pm me if it's too much lol) :wink:
Reply 317

Original post by bexo
ooo i looked at gill street on the internet and it looks so nice!

and i think it's my first choice yeah :smile: got an open day next week so will hopefully decide then! i went and had a look at it last weekend too, to be nosy and i loved it :biggrin:

im guessing you're on a gap year then?

:biggrin:

yeah i'm on my gap year, i'm going up on the open day as well, i went to look at quite a few uni's and i definitely liked trent the best. where else have you applied to?
That's so annoying that they didn't tell us... blaaa. Well I guess i've just got to try and meet the grades for my firm. I've been to Nottingham Trent twice now, but I've forgotton everything LOL. How far is Simpsons from the city campus? And Blenheim, how far's that? I think I'm just going to try and get into Sandby Hall if I can, Gill street has a lot of demand so I know i won't get into there. And I've heard some very bad thing's about Norton Court. Do you go the Uni? Where are you staying? (SORRY for so many questions... Just pm me if it's too much lol) :wink:

hey, Yes i study at trent, final year student studying history at clifton so i'm not far from finishing now.

here's a map giving rough details of the locations of all the halls, not to scale so it makes some seem closer than they are really. https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/accgifs/map.htm best place to look for info on the halls would be www.ntu.ac.uk/accommodation click on browse accommodation and then search all the ones for city, prices will differ though but info won't.

Norton court is in Radford which although not far from uni by bus isn't in the best area but if its like the last few years then bus pass may be included with that one. blenheim is quite near to the uni but its up a really big hill which is a downside but is right near the main shopping centre and maybe 10 minutes walk to uni. sandby is on the campus so its basically on the doorstep for lectures, simpsons is quite close by near derby road and easily accessible by bus to the city centre. sandby is probably the best bet to be honest
hey, Yes i study at trent, final year student studying history at clifton so i'm not far from finishing now.

here's a map giving rough details of the locations of all the halls, not to scale so it makes some seem closer than they are really. https://selfservice.ntu.ac.uk/accgifs/map.htm best place to look for info on the halls would be www.ntu.ac.uk/accommodation click on browse accommodation and then search all the ones for city, prices will differ though but info won't.

Norton court is in Radford which although not far from uni by bus isn't in the best area but if its like the last few years then bus pass may be included with that one. blenheim is quite near to the uni but its up a really big hill which is a downside but is right near the main shopping centre and maybe 10 minutes walk to uni. sandby is on the campus so its basically on the doorstep for lectures, simpsons is quite close by near derby road and easily accessible by bus to the city centre. sandby is probably the best bet to be honest

Thank you :smile: That was all very useful. I think Sandby will be the best option for me. I've got NTU as my insurance choice, and I've been told that If I do end up going there I'll probably get put in Norton Court as the others will all be full.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending