The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by Braddd
Uh, is there anyone else that hasn't heard ANYTHING from them? No interview or rejection? I thought everybody without interview had been rejected already...

I'm sure they've not given out all of their interviews yet :smile: There's still a good chance that you'll get one since you've not had a rejection :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 901
Original post by Fusilero
I'm sure you have a chance! They're not going to throw away an interview if you don't have a chance, and a good chance at that. It costs them (and you) money. They're not going to get you up out there so they can laugh at you :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: I'm feeling more hopeful after reading this :smile:
Original post by ukcathater
5.5 Hrs is nothing! Don't you want to move, get away from parents etc:s-smilie:

Know what you mean but 200 miles or 600 miles - what's the diff.? Just the time spent travelling - still be at home for hols. Nearest option is at least 7hrs btw. St. andrews would have been 9 hrs. Gawd, surely that's enough! lol. :redface:
Original post by ryan118244
Just dont give up!! Ther are med schools that place huge emphasis on reapplicants!!
I hope you get in though!

Thanks so much! that really helps. It's such a hard prospect, so really great to get encouragement to keep going. :redface:
Reply 904
Original post by KCosmo
I'm sure they've not given out all of their interviews yet :smile: There's still a good chance that you'll get one since you've not had a rejection :biggrin: Good luck!

Yeah here's hoping.. The only thing is I was below the cut-off by 7 (I got 2450) so maybe they are just taking their time processing rejections.
St Andrews is actually a 13 hour drive from where I live!
This is the problem with Scottish applicants, most aren't willing to apply outside of Scotland, when realistically you may have a much better chance getting into the english med schools.

where on earth do you live btw? are you on the UK mainland? I Didn't think anywhere was as much as 13 hrs from St. Andrews by car. I'm guessing you could fly though....?
Reply 906
Original post by string theory
where on earth do you live btw? are you on the UK mainland? I Didn't think anywhere was as much as 13 hrs from St. Andrews by car. I'm guessing you could fly though....?

Haha I live down south in wiltshire. I think I over exaggerated there, I thought St Andrews was a little more north. But last time we drove to scotland it took us 11 hours to get to fort william.
Thinking about it, it probs wouldnt take 13 hours, but it would take a good 10 to 11 hours I think. Though got to remeber break in between as well.
Yea we are going to drive to bristol, then fly to edinburgh, then we are hiring a car to drive to St Andrews.
Haha I live down south in wiltshire. I think I over exaggerated there, I thought St Andrews was a little more north. But last time we drove to scotland it took us 11 hours to get to fort william.
Thinking about it, it probs wouldnt take 13 hours, but it would take a good 10 to 11 hours I think. Though got to remeber break in between as well.
Yea we are going to drive to bristol, then fly to edinburgh, then we are hiring a car to drive to St Andrews.

Definitely sounds better than driving all the way! Good luck to you, :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 908
Did anybody hear from aberdeen today:bl::bl:
Reply 909
Original post by string theory
Definitely sounds better than driving all the way! Good luck to you, :smile:

haha thanks, hope everything works out for you as well!!
Reply 910
Original post by mark4396
Did anybody hear from aberdeen today:bl::bl:

Nope, did you?
just booked my flights to edinburgh :biggrin:
now I should do some prep....
Reply 912
Yeah... Still haven't heard anything. Who would I email with regards to the status of my application?
just booked my flights to edinburgh
now I should do some prep....

are you flying from gatwick by any chance?
i'm flying up the day before :biggrin:
Original post by lola1993
are you flying from gatwick by any chance?
i'm flying up the day before :biggrin:

no sorry!! I am flying from Spain on the sunday. I am making it a mini holiday to get a chance of seeing both St Andrews and Edinburgh.

How is your preparation going?
no sorry!! I am flying from Spain on the sunday. I am making it a mini holiday to get a chance of seeing both St Andrews and Edinburgh.

How is your preparation going?
Aah ok, didn't realise you were from spain :biggrin:
Haven't done that much prep yet... just been going over my personal statement thinking of questions they could ask me, the advs/disadvs of the course, the location, and that sort of thing. going to start my proper revision during half term.
just realised.. one month and two days from now, i won't have any more interviews :biggrin: so happy!
have you got any other interviews coming up?
Reply 916
for people who have offers or rejections after interview, how long did it take for st. andrews to reply? I hope i don't have to wait until the end of march to find out! :s-smilie:
thankss!
Reply 917
Original post by Vintage05
for people who have offers or rejections after interview, how long did it take for st. andrews to reply? I hope i don't have to wait until the end of march to find out! :s-smilie:
thankss!

It's quite random from what I've heard, some people get told a week after, some a month, but most of us are going to have to wait until end of march unfortunately :frown:
Original post by Vintage05
thankss!

Have you had an interview? How did it go? I have my interview on Wednesday!!!
Reply 919
Anyone going to the open day this wednesday??

Quick Reply