Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Soothing
University: UCL
Course: BA History
Date Application sent: 04/1/2011
Decision: Unsuccessful
Offer conditions: n/a
Your reaction: I just got home, received this email and saw what their decision was. First decision and it's a rejection. My life sucks really bad right now :frown:

I'm quite afraid now that I won't get accepted at any uni, for all of my other choices are rather comparable to this one, this really really really sucks

Try not to be too disheartened: the admissions process for the top, top Unis can be a bit random because of the sheer number of candidates. Just because UCL hasn't given you an offer, it doesn't mean that you're not qualified to get an offer from other Unis of that calibre!

Best of luck with the rest of your application!
Reply 461
Original post by James9876
Try not to be too disheartened: the admissions process for the top, top Unis can be a bit random because of the sheer number of candidates. Just because UCL hasn't given you an offer, it doesn't mean that you're not qualified to get an offer from other Unis of that calibre!

Best of luck with the rest of your application!

Thank you for cheering me up a bit :smile:
I want this so badly and I've given everything I could, I got good grades and now this. It's just demotivating.
Is anyone else thinking of firming Bristol? Doesnt seem to be many people on the Bristol firmers thread yet! :tongue:
I'm thinking of firming Bath and insuring UEA... those are deffo my top 2 choices; I just don't know which to insure or firm. Well tomorrow I'm visiting UEA and on 23rd Bath, so that should help me decide.
Reply 464
I wonder: are the conditions usually the same as the predicted grades?
And how often a university wants "lower" conditions than predicted grades?

Original post by Soothing
Thank you for cheering me up a bit :smile:
I want this so badly and I've given everything I could, I got good grades and now this. It's just demotivating.

I wanted UCL soo badly. I too thought a fair academic record would give me a shout, but I was rejected in what, first week of october, lol.

My Dad went to UCL too, i didnt tell him for about a week
Original post by Qeex
I wonder: are the conditions usually the same as the predicted grades?
And how often a university wants "lower" conditions than predicted grades?

The conditions are usually [but not always] the universities typical offer, sometimes they can give a candidate a higher/lower offer. And yes you can get an offer for less than your predicted grades, thats what an insurance choice is for.
Reply 467
Unconditional offers from: Reading, Queen Mary, Kent and Essex.

...Still waiting for Cardiff...
Unconditional from Aberystwyth, Conditional from Nottingham (Need to get a B in Econ - SHOULD be easy)

Still waiting - since early October - for Birmingham :frown::
Reply 469
so i apply to University College Birmingham and i just got a Conditional, but on the entry requirements before you apply they ask for C in Maths and English..but i aint got a C maths and im not even re taking it...but they wrote nothing about it on the Conditions..just said i need 200 points..so would they ask for it later or they just didnt care...because tbh i expect to get decline from them.
Reply 470
Original post by ShottaYB
so i apply to University College Birmingham and i just got a Conditional, but on the entry requirements before you apply they ask for C in Maths and English..but i aint got a C maths and im not even re taking it...but they wrote nothing about it on the Conditions..just said i need 200 points..so would they ask for it later or they just didnt care...because tbh i expect to get decline from them.

Ring them to clarify.
Reply 471
A quick question.

I am an international applicant and am worried about the deadline for replying to my offers. My UCAS Track account shows a notification that I must reply by 7 June.

Could anyone please confirm that this is actually the deadline for replies from international students?

Do UK students have a different deadline?

Thanks in advance.
I'm stuck between Birmingham and Manchester (both are the Uni of) for my first choice. They are both asking for AAB which means I can only pick one, as my insurance will most likely be Brunel which is BBB.

Birmingham seems to have more benefits for the future and whatnot (placement year, scholarship for grades, closer to home) but Manchester just seems to be awesome.

Help :confused: ??
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Omio
A quick question.

I am an international applicant and am worried about the deadline for replying to my offers. My UCAS Track account shows a notification that I must reply by 7 June.

Could anyone please confirm that this is actually the deadline for replies from international students?

Thanks in advance.

The deadline is dependant on when you recieved all your replies by, not whether you are an international or home student. Out of interest what uni do you plan to firm? Oxford?
Reply 474
Original post by Omio
A quick question.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates - I am pretty sure it is same for international students.

Original post by Nayberay
I'm stuck between Birmingham and Manchester (both are the Uni of) for my first choice.

Birmingham seems to have more benefits for the future and whatnot (placement year, scholarship for grades, closer to home) but Manchester just seems to be awesome.

Help :confused: ??

Can't you make one insurance and one firm? unless if you can't decide by your firm.
Original post by mr tim
Can't you make one insurance and one firm? unless if you can't decide by your firm.

Sadly not, they are both asking for AAB.

So only one can go down as my firm. :frown:
Anybody else have 1 uni that seems to just loveee taking their time?
I've got offers from Warwick, Sheffield & Nottingham and an unofficial offer from Southampton. Still waiting on York, which is starting to really **** me off now :p:

I know it's not been that long since the deadline, but I just want them to accept/reject me already! I dunno, it just feels like I can't seriously sort out my firm/insurance until I know

Tell you what, I'll absolutely flip if they leave it until the last day just to reject me :smile:
Original post by InsaneFandom
Anybody else have 1 uni that seems to just loveee taking their time?
I've got offers from Warwick, Sheffield & Nottingham and an unofficial offer from Southampton. Still waiting on York, which is starting to really **** me off now :p:

I know it's not been that long since the deadline, but I just want them to accept/reject me already! I dunno, it just feels like I can't seriously sort out my firm/insurance until I know

Tell you what, I'll absolutely flip if they leave it until the last day just to reject me :smile:

Snap. I've got offers from everywhere apart from The Uni of Birmingham (the one I most want!) - sent off my app at the beginning of October as a re-applicant following my gap year.

It's killing me! Im praying that no news is good news though, surely they've looked at our applications and havn't binned them... yet :tongue:
Reply 478
Original post by jelly1000
The deadline is dependant on when you recieved all your replies by, not whether you are an international or home student. Out of interest what uni do you plan to firm? Oxford?

Original post by mr tim
http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates - I am pretty sure it is same for international students.

I would really like to make a firm choice on Oxford, but I have serious difficulties about funding my studies. I applied for a scholarship at Oxford and the outcome won't come until early May. Besides, 2 of my offers are unconditional and 2 are conditional on proof of my A-levels, which I have already sent them and thus fulfilled the conditions.

I am trying to ensure that the UCAS deadline doesn't pass before I receive my scholarship outcome.

The UCAS website says:

5 May 2011
If we receive all decisions from your universities/colleges by 31 March, you need to reply to any offers by this date (unless you live outside the EU or you are applying through Extra). If we don't receive your replies, we will decline your offers on your behalf.

7 June 2011
If we receive all decisions from your universities/colleges by 6 May, you need to reply to any offers by this date (unless you are applying through Extra). If we don't receive your replies, we will decline your offers on your behalf.

Since it says "unless you live outside the EU", it might indicate that my deadline is 7 June, instead of 5 May (the usual deadline for UK students).

I would appreciate if you could confirm that my deadline is 7 June.

Thanks.
Anyone firming Bristol? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending