The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by Louzilla
Has Glee been on, on American TV recently? The last ep I watched was the Rocky Horror show one.

Yeah, the Rocky Horror Show is episode 5 and the US are up to episode 12 at the moment where episodes 11 and 12 are the most recent (after the Christmas break). :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
ALERT!
Clever TV people are putting The Rocky Horror Show on tonight, channel 4, 12.20 - for Rocky Horror Glee enthusiasts no doubt.

I will be watching it for the first time (even though I've been meaning to see it for years), I can't wait :-)
The Valentines episode

Spoiler

I just cried at Will's kind words to Coach Bieste and when he kissed her. So beautiful!

Possible spoiler but kinda obvious:

Spoiler

Didn't you think it was rather patronising and awkward (at least it was to watch)?
Original post by hannah_dru
I just cried at Will's kind words to Coach Bieste and when he kissed her. So beautiful!

Possible spoiler but kinda obvious:

Spoiler

Somebody on one of the American spoiler gossip sites (I think Ausiello?) posted that:
*this is a fairly big spoiler for whatever pace you're on*
It's a blind spoiler, which means character and show aren't specified, but:

Spoiler

Also, spoiler link for a song in the next US episode, that's FAB:

Spoiler

Original post by -honeybee-
Didn't you think it was rather patronising and awkward (at least it was to watch)?

For once, no actually. I can see how it was pretty patronising but it didn't bother me.

Original post by lozz2601
Somebody on one of the American spoiler gossip sites (I think Ausiello?) posted that:
*this is a fairly big spoiler for whatever pace you're on*
It's a blind spoiler, which means character and show aren't specified, but:

Spoiler

Also, spoiler link for a song in the next US episode, that's FAB:

Spoiler

Oh no! I hope the first spoiler isn't true.
Original post by hannah_dru
For once, no actually. I can see how it was pretty patronising but it didn't bother me.

Oh no! I hope the first spoiler isn't true.

This one tells whether it is or not:

Spoiler

love fat bottomed girls!
Original post by ferret123
ALERT!
Clever TV people are putting The Rocky Horror Show on tonight, channel 4, 12.20 - for Rocky Horror Glee enthusiasts no doubt.

I will be watching it for the first time (even though I've been meaning to see it for years), I can't wait :-)

I hope after watching it you realised how awful the Glee episode was! :frown:

Are you talking about

Spoiler

YES! But it was also sort of sweet... :blush: But very patronising! I would have lamped him if I was her, like did he not bother to think 'Hmm, maybe she wouldn't want me to be her first kiss?'
Pity kissing isn't cool. But I did go from :mad: to *aww*.
So happy Darren Criss is on it ^^ been a fan for so long!

Spoiler

major spoiler

Reply 1133
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just wanna live while I'm alive
It's my life

These are my confessions
And just when I thought I said all I could say
My chick on the side said she got one on the way
These are my confessions
If I'm gonna tell it then I gotta tell it all
I damn near cried when I got that phone call
I'm so thrown, I don't know what to do
But to give part 2 of my,

...CONFESSIONS!
Original post by diamonddust
Are you talking about

Spoiler

YES! But it was also sort of sweet... :blush: But very patronising! I would have lamped him if I was her, like did he not bother to think 'Hmm, maybe she wouldn't want me to be her first kiss?'
Pity kissing isn't cool. But I did go from :mad: to *aww*.

Yes!

Spoiler

OMFG Kurt and Blaine is the cutest couple ever
Reply 1136
Yes!

Spoiler

I think this is to make it more acceptable to conservative American parents (you know the recent controversy over Skins? Glee was once given the accolade of 'worst show of the week by the Parents Television Council, for being too racy). Crazy, but that's those conservatives for ya!
Original post by JustLau
I think this is to make it more acceptable to conservative American parents (you know the recent controversy over Skins? Glee was once given the accolade of 'worst show of the week by the Parents Television Council, for being too racy). Crazy, but that's those conservatives for ya!

Really? Wow, the episode with all the religion in it was equally bizarre but I guess it makes sense now. I wouldn't really consider it a (young) childrens programme though and if you think it's too 'racy' for your children surely you'd just not let them watch it? :confused:
Reply 1138
Really? Wow, the episode with all the religion in it was equally bizarre but I guess it makes sense now. I wouldn't really consider it a (young) childrens programme though and if you think it's too 'racy' for your children surely you'd just not let them watch it? :confused:

Yeah I agree, but the PTC seems to think that there should be no broadcast freedom, and that children (they mean teenagers) do everything they see on tv. They're pretty right wing so not representative of America generally, but they have quite a lot of influence over a lot of people's decisions on what to watch. Our tv habits are far more liberal than the USA

Spoiler

Thanks for that link :smile: I shouldn't be reading spoilers but I can't resist!

Quick Reply

Latest