The Student Room Group

Persistently itchy nipple (female)

This is really bothering me. My left nipple is itchy and sensitive and has been this way for last few weeks. I have been putting special lotion for dry skiin on it and it hasnt made a difference. Anybody had this before? Really appreciate any help on this its driving me mad. Also my right nipple is fine. Im 20 by the way so been through puberty.

Scroll to see replies

Sure its not the bras?

I have a few t-shirts with logos on them that make my left nipple itch like mad
Reply 2
I know of a remedy... Let me lick it /them hun =]
On a more serious note could it be an infection perhaps? do you see any discoloration of skin ? :s
(edited 13 years ago)
Have a wash/Use soap/ make sure u scrub/ get some clean clothes.
Put some talcpowder on it.

God damn.
sorry but, LOOL!
Reply 5
You have nipple-itus you need to keep on washing it to keep it clean...I advise you go to a real doctor though and get it diagnosed properly rather than listening to randomers
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
Sure its not the bras?

I have a few t-shirts with logos on them that make my left nipple itch like mad

hmm.. i havent been wearing new bras though.. the washing powder might be a reason.. thanks for the suggestion
Just the one? Bit odd.

I was going to suggest irritation due to washing powder/bra rubbing but now...:erm:.
Have you tried a bit of Sudocrem on overnight? Works wonders for anything that itches.
I've had this before, you might have excma (sorry for the bad spelling). Go to the the doctor. Maybe try using creams to relieve it like sudocream or aqueous cream, and be careful of what soaps you use.
Reply 9
This is hot
Reply 10
I know there are plenty of IDIOTS on this site, but this site can also be very helpful at times if the right people respond.

No infection, no discolouration.
Semen is a good remedy. I can give you some.
I hope it's not fungus. Sometimes it could be an indication that your period is coming soon.
Reply 13
See your GP.
Reply 14
Original post by Dee Leigh
I've had this before, you might have excma (sorry for the bad spelling). Go to the the doctor. Maybe try using creams to relieve it like sudocream or aqueous cream, and be careful of what soaps you use.

thanks for the reply.. ive been using epaderm cream on it which is especially for eczema/dry skin.. i have not got eczema though... how long did it last for for you? did you have eczema? its become more sensitive as well.
Reply 15
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Just the one? Bit odd.

I was going to suggest irritation due to washing powder/bra rubbing but now...:erm:.
Have you tried a bit of Sudocrem on overnight? Works wonders for anything that itches.

might give it a go. thanks
Original post by Anonymous
I know there are plenty of IDIOTS on this site, but this site can also be very helpful at times if the right people respond.

No infection, no discolouration.

With that reply it's safe to assume that I am one of those sensible ones.
Thank you OP
back to stellar evolution...
:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Anonymous
thanks for the reply.. ive been using epaderm cream on it which is especially for eczema/dry skin.. i have not got eczema though... how long did it last for for you? did you have eczema? its become more sensitive as well.

How does it look? If it's inflamed, red, flaky, it's likely to be something like eczema or another skin condition.

You can get eczema at any stage in your life for whatever reason, so if you want a diagnosis, you'll have to see your GP.

The non-prescription creams and ointments will not do much if it's a bad outbreak. Generally, they don't help. Nipples are a separate type of skin as well, which means that you can't assume a general, overall cream or ointment will work.

I have eczema on both my nipples. It's a bitch, but get it seen to before it starts weeping. Once it hits that stage, you'll have to get special pads to dry it out and whatnot before you can calm the outbreak. Believe me, it's sore and annoying.
Reply 18
Original post by ibysaiyan
With that reply it's safe to assume that I am one of those sensible ones.
Thank you OP
back to stellar evolution...
:smile:

You question was valid, but you are an idiot.
Reply 19
Original post by Hylean
How does it look? If it's inflamed, red, flaky, it's likely to be something like eczema or another skin condition.

You can get eczema at any stage in your life for whatever reason, so if you want a diagnosis, you'll have to see your GP.

The non-prescription creams and ointments will not do much if it's a bad outbreak. Generally, they don't help. Nipples are a separate type of skin as well, which means that you can't assume a general, overall cream or ointment will work.

I have eczema on both my nipples. It's a bitch, but get it seen to before it starts weeping. Once it hits that stage, you'll have to get special pads to dry it out and whatnot before you can calm the outbreak. Believe me, it's sore and annoying.

thank you for this. i have actually randomly been getting very dry skin on my face and lips but i thought this might be the cold weather... but im thining its linked now. its not flakey or red just sensitive and itchy but the other one is absolutely fine. ive never sufferend from eczema or dry skin. has yours got better? what did you use?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending