The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
Original post by flipshot
Every store is likely to be different as Alcohol licenses are handed out on a store to store basis by the local council.

The store I worked in was allowed to sell it all the hours we were open.

My store are allowed to sell and serve alcohol between the hours of 6am to 3am. Not that the store EVER closes at that time. We used to be 24 hours.
Mines is 10am to 10pm you should see the people standing at bws at 9:55am waiting for it to open its kinda disgusting.
Reply 7662
Ours starts at 6am. Quite funny to think you can buy a case of beer earlier than a coffee from the restaurant or some fresh fish from the counters.
er i think you buy alcohol in mine when the store opens...but i dunno :tongue: lol.

i'd love to be a manager at sburys. you don't have to do any work by the looks of it, just make everyone else do it, even when you're majorly short staffed :mad:
If you do overtime, say I've said I'll do 6am till 12, but we finish a bit early are they likely to just let you go home early or would you have to stay until 12 or make up the time?

Hope that makes sense haha
hmmm well i looked in my contract to see if it said anything about not being able to work at two supermarkets and couldnt find anything, so i guess im just going to go for it and hope for the best..... under the employer section would that be your manager who interviewed you?
Original post by stargirl92
If you do overtime, say I've said I'll do 6am till 12, but we finish a bit early are they likely to just let you go home early or would you have to stay until 12 or make up the time?

unlikely they'll let you go early... depends how nice your manager is i suppose :P we finished 2-3 hours early once and had to do stupid little jobs.
Reply 7667
Original post by stargirl92

If it's overtime we're allowed to go home once all the work is done.
Reply 7668
Original post by inksplodge
er i think you buy alcohol in mine when the store opens...but i dunno :tongue: lol.

i'd love to be a manager at sburys. you don't have to do any work by the looks of it, just make everyone else do it, even when you're majorly short staffed :mad:

I always see my store manager doing stuff on the shop floor. He even goes onto checkouts when it is super-busy.
Original post by Foulish
I always see my store manager doing stuff on the shop floor. He even goes onto checkouts when it is super-busy.

lucky. we have approx 13 people on our shift to cover 7 days a week. and only about 4 are fulltime. and manager s till doesn't help out, we end up leaving a lot of stuff for daystaff to do. 3 more going in the next month .... i wouldnt mind so much if the teamleaders and manager actually worked half as hard as the rest of us do
Reply 7670
Hi does anyone know how I can get sainsburys pay role address and number? I need to put it in a form and Im not in wokr til sat.
thanks
Reply 7671
i'm applying for jobs and have been since i started sainsbury's 2 years and a bit ago.
but everytime i feel like im getting close to a job i have second thoughts about leaving my beloved sainsbury's job, happened last summer when i got an interview in london, then again just now albeit a temporary full time hours job, with the hope that I keep my sainsbury's job too as I work both weekend days and weekdays are from 5pm but then i lose the flexibleness to do overtime. arghhhhh i dunno what i want (i do want to buy a house though).
anyone feel like that?

anyways you know them times when you just read nutritional info on foods, well i was doing that on Sainsbury's Fairtrade Granulated Sugar 1kg, 99.2g of total sugars per 100g. you call that fair trade? (nah i'm all good for fairtrade stuff)
Reply 7672
Original post by upferret
Hi does anyone know how I can get sainsburys pay role address and number? I need to put it in a form and Im not in wokr til sat.
thanks

try call them up, is it for student finance form? i remember i needed the number and address when i started and was taken into HR where they had it on the wall and they filled it out for me.
Original post by mug51
i'm applying for jobs and have been since i started sainsbury's 2 years and a bit ago.
but everytime i feel like im getting close to a job i have second thoughts about leaving my beloved sainsbury's job, happened last summer when i got an interview in london, then again just now albeit a temporary full time hours job, with the hope that I keep my sainsbury's job too as I work both weekend days and weekdays are from 5pm but then i lose the flexibleness to do overtime. arghhhhh i dunno what i want (i do want to buy a house though).
anyone feel like that?

anyways you know them times when you just read nutritional info on foods, well i was doing that on Sainsbury's Fairtrade Granulated Sugar 1kg, 99.2g of total sugars per 100g. you call that fair trade? (nah i'm all good for fairtrade stuff)

even though i hate the place i get that sometimes. i wouldnt call it 'beloved', but secure :tongue: "do i risk stability and a decent pay for something that might not work out...?"
Reply 7674
Original post by mug51

Those posh biscuits you get in cafe's are advertised as Fairtrade but are rarely made from any more than 25% Fairtrade products.
My application has been accepted and my online status now says hired :biggrin:

I'm pretty pessimistic.. what's the chances of still getting rejected during my induction lol
When Sainsbury asks you to go in for an induction and for your uniform size, does it mean I got the job? and what do they make you do during your induction period?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7677
Original post by CandyCorpse
When Sainsbury asks you to go in for an induction and for your uniform size, does it mean I got the job? and what do they make you do during your induction period?

Yes you've got the job.

You do the job as normal and you should have meetings every 4 weeks to check on your progress.
Original post by FXX
Yes you've got the job.

You do the job as normal and you should have meetings every 4 weeks to check on your progress.

You know, I've still not had a single progress meeting lol and I've been there nearly 5 months now. :smile:
Original post by FXX
Yes you've got the job.

Oh! Super!:biggrin::biggrin:
I thought they just make you watch more DVDs and do some paperwork during inductions >.<
Oh and one more thing, when she asks you to come in for an induction does it mean that she did a reference check already? Cause I was called 2 hours after the interview asking to come in for the induction next week :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest