The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simonc1993
If your still waiting on a university and loads of people have already had offers and rejections (ie. Bath.) Does this mean that they're waiting for people to respond first, and if they get enough declines, then they'll give out a few more offers and if not, rejections?
Just a little hypothesis as I can't understand why universities give out a load of offers and rejections in the week after the deadline, and then wait for ages before anyone hears from them again.

Bath hasn't sent out many replies at all.
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Bath hasn't sent out many replies at all.

really all my mates and i have had replies. Thankfully i got an offer but its A*AA :frown:
Original post by shay_5293
really all my mates and i have had replies. Thankfully i got an offer but its A*AA :frown:

Just out of interest, how many of your friends were given offers and how many rejected?
Offers

Manchester: AAB
Sheffield: ABB or AAB inc. Gen Studies
Liverpool ABB
Leicster: ABB

Waiting On

Fecking York!

AS Level

Economics A
Maths B
History B
Critical Thinking B
General Studies C
Theatre C

Prediceted

Economics A*
History A
Maths B

Anyone know what sort of chance I have of getting an offer from York?
:redface:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1764
wish i had applied to york now, would of been a great insurance as it includes General Studies, sucks i didn't know this before.
Reply 1765
Original post by ellie_velvet
Just got rejected by Warwick.. Typical, ha. Ah well, was to be expected after being rejected by Notts last week.

Sorry to hear that :frown: I got rejected from Notts last week too :frown:
still waiting on warwick....

where else have you applied to?
Reply 1766
Original post by Trece13
really? What were your GCSE results like?

I did not do GCSE, I am an international student but I am doing my A Levels in the UK.

Btw, how long do you think UCL and Warwick will take to make their decision?

I applied late November.
Reply 1767
Warwick A*AA
LSE pending
UCL open day
Manchester AAB
Bristol AAB
All are pure Economics courses.
This is killing me, it takes 4ever :frown:
Original post by pinggor
Sorry to hear that :frown: I got rejected from Notts last week too :frown:
still waiting on warwick....

where else have you applied to?

UCL, Bath and Birmingham. Got an offer from B'ham, obvs expecting a rejection from UCL now, haha. Predicted A*AA. What are you predicted and where have you applied?
Original post by gik
Warwick A*AA
LSE pending
UCL open day
Manchester AAB
Bristol AAB
All are pure Economics courses.
This is killing me, it takes 4ever :frown:

Mind me asking what gcse/a level grades you got?

p.s Congrats :biggrin:
Original post by economics1993
All offers back now :smile:

Offers from Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, and Bath; rejected from Cambridge after-interview!

Well done mate, mind me asking what GCSE/A level grades?
Original post by joshgoldman
Well done mate, mind me asking what GCSE/A level grades?

Cheers :smile:

GCSE: 4 A*'s, 6 A's, 1 B.
AS: 5 A's (Maths, Further Maths, Geography, Economics, General Studies)
A2 Predictions: 4 A*'s 1 A (In Further Maths).

Really do not think gcse's mean too much when applying for top courses if you step it up at AS personally!
Reply 1772

Really do not think gcse's mean too much when applying for top courses if you step it up at AS personally!

I hope this is true, really didn't try hard at GCSE's and got similar ones to you (5 A*'s), hope it doesn't reduce my chances :/
Reply 1773

yeh i agree, im in very similar position to you, ive got offers from Durham, Nottingham, St Andrews and Lancaster (9A*3A at GCSE and 3A*A(further maths) predictions before you ask). Not sure if im gonna take any of these and re-apply next year when its less competitive.

Thats motivating! I got 3 A* 7 A at GCSE and thought it'd mess me right over!
:colone:

Who did you have to sleep with to get predictions like that!?
Your UMS marks must have been pretty top notch
Reply 1776
Original post by joshgoldman
Mind me asking what gcse/a level grades you got?

p.s Congrats :biggrin:

i'm an international student so I don't have GCSE, my AS grade is all As for Maths, FMaths, Economics and Physics, my prediction is A*A*A*A :smile: also I got decent grade of SMC, AEA math, STEP, BMO...
thanks you.
Reply 1777
Original post by ellie_velvet
UCL, Bath and Birmingham. Got an offer from B'ham, obvs expecting a rejection from UCL now, haha. Predicted A*AA. What are you predicted and where have you applied?

Predicted the same as you actually. :P
applied to Warwick Notts Bham Southampton and Surrey. Only warwick left to hear from
Reply 1778
i reckon its definitely going to be a rejection for me now for birmingham as its this late on and it seems they have given out all the offers :/, wanted it as my insurance, as i prefer it to southampton.
Original post by frodalod

Original post by frodalod
Not sure if im gonna take any of these and re-apply next year when its less competitive.

What makes you think Economics will be any less competitive? Some of the arts courses, sure, but I very much doubt Economics will see a hit in application numbers.

Latest

Trending

Trending