The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3640
jit987
Everyone keeps on going about the likes of Fabregas, Walcott, RVP to deliver if Arsenal have a chance tomorrow but I feel that Alex Song is the heart of Arsenal and if he plays the best of his ability, then Arsenal has got a better chance. Without his big match performance tomorrow, I doubt Arsenal can keep control the midfield and without Arsenal keeping control of this important area, Barca can(will) repeat last season's masterclass.

Agreed. Song owned Messi in the first leg. :yep:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6753925,00.html
:banghead: And on the eve of the match. Uncool, guys, uncool.
Original post by Abiraleft
Agreed. Song owned Messi in the first leg. :yep:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6753925,00.html
:banghead: And on the eve of the match. Uncool, guys, uncool.

Barcelona, despite all their qualities, have a real God complex.
Cesc was not 'formed' at Barcelona Laporta. ffs :colonhash:
Reply 3643
Justice?? Yeah, we stole him away, took him out the back door without you realising. By the time you called the police he was bound and gagged in the cargo hold of a plane heading back to England....

YOU ****ING SOLD HIM TO US YOU MUGS!!!

By that logic I could flog my car for a couple of grand tomorrow, then in a week's time claim "justice will be served" when I activate the homing device under it's bonnet and remotely drive it back to my front porch. What a load of ****ing bull****.
Man U rules...................i know it , they know it and you lot know it , hahaha !
Our team looks pretty strong for tomorrow, but I am worried about Eboue. He could barely cope against Hudderfield and his tracking back after going forward is pretty bad. We're going to need Walcott to come back quite a lot and make sure that Eboue has enough help, but then we won't be able to counter as effectively if Theo isn't up there. Should be a great game though, and we aren't under much pressure as everyone expects Barca to progress so I hope the players give it a real go and don't get intimidated like the first half last season.
Reply 3646
Original post by wiggles
Justice?? Yeah, we stole him away, took him out the back door without you realising. By the time you called the police he was bound and gagged in the cargo hold of a plane heading back to England....

YOU ****ING SOLD HIM TO US YOU MUGS!!!

By that logic I could flog my car for a couple of grand tomorrow, then in a week's time claim "justice will be served" when I activate the homing device under it's bonnet and remotely drive it back to my front porch. What a load of ****ing bull****.

Technically, they didn't sell him to us - we signed him on a free. The argument could be that they let him go, but it isn't quite the same.

Right on, the bastards. :mad:
Barca didn't sell Fabregas :facepalm2:
But what Arsenal did was no different to what Barcelona did getting Messi. Fabregas made a choice, as did Messi. Blame Cesc for leaving, not Arsenal for going by the book.
Original post by Hantheman
But what Arsenal did was no different to what Barcelona did getting Messi. Fabregas made a choice, as did Messi. Blame Cesc for leaving, not Arsenal for going by the book.

This is very true.

I'd love to see how Barça would react if Newell's turned round and said 'we want our player back home' in the way they have been about Cesc.
Did Cesc leave due to the thing that Spanish clubs can't give contracts at certain ages, but English clubs can?

Or is that wrong? I dunno.
Reply 3651
Original post by Colonel.
Did Cesc leave due to the thing that Spanish clubs can't give contracts at certain ages, but English clubs can?

Or is that wrong? I dunno.

Cesc didn't leave due to that rule, but I believe it enabled us to offer him a contract before Barcelona, yes. And I think it's 18 in Spain and 16 in England (?).
Cesc didn't leave due to that rule, but I believe it enabled us to offer him a contract before Barcelona, yes. And I think it's 18 in Spain and 16 in England (?).

Yeah, I thought it was something like that.
If Cesc stayed at Barca he wouldn't be half the player he is today
Reply 3654
Original post by Harry-AA
If Cesc stayed at Barca he wouldn't be half the player he is today

I would tend to agree, but it's debatable: he almost certainly wouldn't have had much first-team experience, but La Massia isn't exactly a rubbish academy. I do think it's likely that he'd be a very good backup for Xavi/Iniesta (like Keita is now) at best.
I would tend to agree, but it's debatable: he almost certainly wouldn't have had much first-team experience, but La Massia isn't exactly a rubbish academy. I do think it's likely that he'd be a very good backup for Xavi/Iniesta (like Keita is now) at best.

Exactly, the first team experience is invaluable. To become the captain of one of the top clubs in the world at such a young age is a magnificent achievement. Everyone always forgets how young he is, Xavi and Iniesta have years on him.
I think Cesc would still be a great player if he stayed at Barca. He was very highly rated at La Massia.
Cesc probably would have been a different player had he stayed, rather than being seen as an understudy to Iniesta and Xavi they would have shoe horned him in as a DM. But then we may have never seen the Biscuits :cry2:
Reply 3658
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
Cesc probably would have been a different player had he stayed, rather than being seen as an understudy to Iniesta and Xavi they would have shoe horned him in as a DM. But then we may have never seen the Biscuits :cry2:

Imagine that, no bickies? :woohoo:

Cesc would have been ruined tbf :colonhash:
Original post by R-KAM
Imagine that, no bickies? :woohoo:

Cesc would have been ruined tbf :colonhash:

Didn't Cescy start as a DM anyway, anything to become as close as possible to become the poor man's Pep he has become today :adore:

Latest