The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2900
Nottingham's gone all quiet recently... no rejections, no offers for a while.
Original post by lfcwatcher
UCL seem to be dishing out the rejections pretty badly, can i ask anyone who has posted already when did you all send in your applications, how are UCL going through this because i am scared as hell right now :s-smilie:

Called them today and he said its chronological ? when did you send yours?
Original post by LondonTownGirl
oh gosh. sorry about that. when did you apply and when did you find out? and mind my asking your predicted grades?

Applied on 8th October.
GCSEs: A*A*AABBBBC, A* in English which I thought might have helped :s-smilie:
AS: AAAAb, b in general studies
A2: A*A*A*A*Aa*a predicted respectively in maths, classic civ, economics, law, general studies, an epq and AS further maths
LNAT: 23 :frown:

:smile:

Found out today. Was mildly disappointed, but felt awesome to firm Cam :biggrin:
Anyone had news from KCL lately?
Reply 2904
Original post by Krydel
Let us know what they say, i'm still waiting and i sent my application on 12th October.

They didn't email back, but I received an offer a few days later :smile: Hope you find out soon!

Called them today and he said its chronological ? when did you send yours?

i sent myn early november, lnat score just above the average, i am expecting my rejection soon :P
Reply 2906
oh gosh. sorry about that. when did you apply and when did you find out? and mind my asking your predicted grades?

I sent my UCAS application off on 12th Oct
Predicted grades are in my signature
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Applied on 8th October.
GCSEs: A*A*AABBBBC, A* in English which I thought might have helped :s-smilie:
AS: AAAAb, b in general studies
A2: A*A*A*A*Aa*a predicted respectively in maths, classic civ, economics, law, general studies, an epq and AS further maths
LNAT: 23 :frown:

:smile:

Found out today. Was mildly disappointed, but felt awesome to firm Cam :biggrin:

oh wow that actually seems to be a very strong application to me :/
for me its
GCSEs: 6A*s 5As and a B
i do the IB and i'm predicted 38 points with 7,6,6 at higher in English, History and Economics but that still means i'm only just on the cusp of their accepted grades sigh.
i got 25 on the LNAT but i think that 23 is very good. did they tell you what your grounds for rejection was because i don't really see any lol

Good luck with Cambridge :smile: i'm sure you'll do well there :smile:
Original post by lfcwatcher
i sent myn early november, lnat score just above the average, i am expecting my rejection soon :P

Hey have a little faith :smile: its only one part of your application remember. if you have a strong application otherwise they may still offer you a place.
Original post by tsevron
I sent my UCAS application off on 12th Oct
Predicted grades are in my signature

er i can't see it.
Nah, it can't be chronological since I sent my UCAS application off on the 8th of October and still haven't heard.
oh wow that actually seems to be a very strong application to me :/
for me its
GCSEs: 6A*s 5As and a B
i do the IB and i'm predicted 38 points with 7,6,6 at higher in English, History and Economics but that still means i'm only just on the cusp of their accepted grades sigh.
i got 25 on the LNAT but i think that 23 is very good. did they tell you what your grounds for rejection was because i don't really see any lol

Good luck with Cambridge :smile: i'm sure you'll do well there :smile:

I suspect GCSEs may have had something to do with it - LNAT essay wasn't strong either.

I haven't asked for any grounds for rejection. I wasn't planning to actually, because I'm over it, but if you want to know so you can assess your LNAT or whatever I can email :smile:
Reply 2912
Original post by kingh-singh
Nah, it can't be chronological since I sent my UCAS application off on the 8th of October and still haven't heard.

i think it is chronological but they give offers and rejections and keep some on a maybe pile i think. just a guess though. i applied on the 11th of october and people who applied both before and after have heard.
Reply 2913
I suspect GCSEs may have had something to do with it - LNAT essay wasn't strong either.

I haven't asked for any grounds for rejection. I wasn't planning to actually, because I'm over it, but if you want to know so you can assess your LNAT or whatever I can email :smile:

i think that UCL do not give feedback to applicants. but if it's the LNAT they say so.
Reply 2914
Offer from LSE :smile:
Original post by *BB*
Nottingham's gone all quiet recently... no rejections, no offers for a while.

Course: LLB/BA Law
University: of Nottingham
Offer: AAA

:biggrin:
Reply 2916
Original post by Pipsical
Anyone going to the Nottingham open day tomorrow??:smile:

Yes, I am :smile: Actually quite exicted, Notts being my first choice and alll :tongue:
Reply 2917
Original post by Kenocide
Course: LLB/BA Law
University: of Nottingham
Offer: AAA

:biggrin:

I stand corrected!
When did you receive that? :smile: Congrats! :smile:

Really? honestly didn't think they looked into GCSEs but i think yours are still better than the majority of people. oh gosh my LNAT essay was probably a mess too, im not too good t writing essays on a pc. err if that's not too much trouble that would be really nice of you :smile:
Original post by *BB*
I stand corrected!
When did you receive that? :smile: Congrats! :smile:

Thanks! Well I went on Track about an hour or so ago and there it was. I saw it there before Ucas even sent the e-mail to tell me! Cracking out the ol' alcohol to celebriate :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending