The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by jcarberry1
Have you had an interview? How did it go? I have my interview on Wednesday!!!

it was alright!! Although he fire alarm went off near the end of the interview. AWKWARD!! haha
you'll be fine, my interviewers were really nice, just try and stay calm and enjoy the day. The new med school is AMAZING! good luck!
Original post by Vintage05
it was alright!! Although he fire alarm went off near the end of the interview. AWKWARD!! haha
you'll be fine, my interviewers were really nice, just try and stay calm and enjoy the day. The new med school is AMAZING! good luck!

Oh dear!!! Maybe it was a test to see how well you react to the situation!!! (Or not). That's good you done well :smile: What kind of questions did they ask? Were there ethical ones? My interviewers were nice at Glasgow too but I was still shaking like a leaf haha!!! Thank you!!!!!
todays my interview! gosh!
Reply 923
Original post by dramaboyz2007
todays my interview! gosh!

Goooood luck!!
I have mine tomorrow :/
Reply 924
hi. i would like to know whether if st andrews inform your current school/college about your application? i dont want my school to find out for some reasons. :smile: thanks for your help.. anyone! :smile:
Reply 925
Original post by Qi-Yi
hi. i would like to know whether if st andrews inform your current school/college about your application? i dont want my school to find out for some reasons. :smile: thanks for your help.. anyone! :smile:

They would only update ucas, so it would depend if your school checked your ucas.
interview just finished i think the first part was good. but the second part i made myself look like an idiot :l

oh well. goodbye St. Andrews
Reply 927
interview just finished i think the first part was good. but the second part i made myself look like an idiot :l

oh well. goodbye St. Andrews

2 parts???
Why did you think you messed up?
Oh god, it was the article they gave me! Gaa! It was the most humiliating moment ever. :'(
Reply 929
Oh god, it was the article they gave me! Gaa! It was the most humiliating moment ever. :'(

Oh no, whyyy?
Btw did you prepare for the interview?
Original post by ryan118244
Oh no, whyyy?
Btw did you prepare for the interview?

yeh I did! thats the reason why the first part was ok! :biggrin:

when they started asking me about the article then i blew it all. It was over.

Q : DO you know how you could replicate the similar experiment?
Im like :O
A : ummmm i think errmmmmmm ummmmm.

anyway i have a last option at bristol.
Reply 931

Oh god that sounds hard :/
I'm scared now!
I'm scared now!

anyway. DONT WORRY. stay calm. The interviewers are extremely nice :biggrin:
Very supportive throughout the session
Reply 933
Original post by filea
The article I got was a scientific article summarizing results from a recent research. You might not get the same type of article though! They embedded the medical ethics questions within that part of the interview :smile:

Ohh I see, sounds interesting, not sure what to expect now haha! But hopefully I should be fine with the scientific article since my last 2 years of University involved me making Pubmed my homepage...
Reply 934

It sounds like you rocked the interview IMO. Are you a graduate or school leaver? Jeezo about how to replicate similar experiment I think they were just putting a hard question out there, if you did well in the rest your sure to be put through. Was it you had to like spell out how to design the experiment, null hypothesis and all that!?!

Remember if they worked you hard it is a sign they were happy with the rest of your answers and so you are likely to get in.
Reply 935
Original post by baztech
It sounds like you rocked the interview IMO. Are you a graduate or school leaver? Jeezo about how to replicate similar experiment I think they were just putting a hard question out there, if you did well in the rest your sure to be put through. Was it you had to like spell out how to design the experiment, null hypothesis and all that!?!

Remember if they worked you hard it is a sign they were happy with the rest of your answers and so you are likely to get in.

That's what I'm wondering ... did you have to explain how to set up the experiment!
Reply 936
I'm scared now!

Don't worry, any questions on the article will sound harder on here just cos they're out of context. After spending 10 mins reading the article and taking notes on it, and then being questioned on it for a bit, it'll be much clearer what kind of answer they're looking for. They shouldn't ask you anything testing your knowledge of a certain experiment, unless it has been brought up in the article and if it is reasonable to expect the candidate to make an educated guess on a certain aspect of the experiment. Good luck for tommorow!
Reply 937
Original post by KCosmo
Don't worry, any questions on the article will sound harder on here just cos they're out of context. After spending 10 mins reading the article and taking notes on it, and then being questioned on it for a bit, it'll be much clearer what kind of answer they're looking for. They shouldn't ask you anything testing your knowledge of a certain experiment, unless it has been brought up in the article and if it is reasonable to expect the candidate to make an educated guess on a certain aspect of the experiment. Good luck for tommorow!

Thank you :smile:
I have an offer for medicine yet I'm still soooo nervous, I think it's coz I want to come here so badly, even more so now I have seen the place!!!
Though I have now learnt everything I could about experiments lol
My plan is to just smile loads and laugh haha
(edited 13 years ago)
Goooood luck!!
I have mine tomorrow :/

My interview is tomorrow as well!! What time is your's at?
Good luck everyone who has it tomorrow! :awesome:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending