Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Tanya---
That's so annoying that they didn't tell us... blaaa. Well I guess i've just got to try and meet the grades for my firm. I've been to Nottingham Trent twice now, but I've forgotton everything LOL. How far is Simpsons from the city campus? And Blenheim, how far's that? I think I'm just going to try and get into Sandby Hall if I can, Gill street has a lot of demand so I know i won't get into there. And I've heard some very bad thing's about Norton Court. Do you go the Uni? Where are you staying? (SORRY for so many questions... Just pm me if it's too much lol) :wink:

Sorry for jumping in here but if you end up having to go for Norton Court, you'll probably get more for your money at Cotton Mills which is just over the road from there. I haven't been reading this thread so I dunno if someones mentioned that to you before lol, so sorry if it has.
What have you heard about Norton Court? My friend's are living at Sandby and it's great if you want to roll out of bed 5mins before a lecture etc but there's so much other rubbish going on I'm glad I don't live there haha :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 321
Original post by beccah
Sorry for jumping in here but if you end up having to go for Norton Court, you'll probably get more for your money at Cotton Mills which is just over the road from there. I haven't been reading this thread so I dunno if someones mentioned that to you before lol, so sorry if it has.
What have you heard about Norton Court? My friend's are living at Sandby and it's great if you want to roll out of bed 5mins before a lecture etc but there's so much other rubbish going on I'm glad I don't live there haha :smile:

What 'rubbish' going on there? :biggrin:
Reply 322
Original post by Swimmer
What 'rubbish' going on there? :biggrin:

My friend got charged for loads of stuff she didn't actually do, she seems to think the warden hates her aha,
I just found out about this recently. My school didn't tell me about any of this, and just rushed me into my firm and insurance. Damn! Never mind, I guess i'll just find out on results day? Thanks.

I've looked at your sig and it doesn't mention Notts Trent :confused:
Reply 324
Anyone else aiming for Gill street? Hopefully it wont be to difficult to get into haha
Original post by jelly1000
I've looked at your sig and it doesn't mention Notts Trent :confused:

Yeah, I changed my choices and plus I haven't been on this for ages, hardly ever update it.
Yeah, I changed my choices and plus I haven't been on this for ages, hardly ever update it.

Where have you chosen as your firm then?
Original post by jelly1000
Where have you chosen as your firm then?

University of Leeds :smile:
University of Leeds :smile:

Ah good choice! I'm going to put it as my firm if my retake grades are okay.
Original post by beccah

Cotton Mills? I don't think I looked at that. I wasn't told that you can only book accommodation for your firm to begin with, therefore I thought I could book accommodation for my firm and insurance. With NTU being my insurance, if I don't meet the entry requirements for my firm then I'll be put into any accommodation as I've been told. I've heard Norton court isn't in a very good area, and there's a lot of crime there? :s-smilie: could have heard wrong. I really want to get into Sandby if I can, its got most of what I'm looking for. And what did you mean by so much other rubbish going on there? Oh and thank you :smile:
That's so annoying that they didn't tell us... blaaa. Well I guess i've just got to try and meet the grades for my firm. I've been to Nottingham Trent twice now, but I've forgotton everything LOL. How far is Simpsons from the city campus? And Blenheim, how far's that? I think I'm just going to try and get into Sandby Hall if I can, Gill street has a lot of demand so I know i won't get into there. And I've heard some very bad thing's about Norton Court. Do you go the Uni? Where are you staying? (SORRY for so many questions... Just pm me if it's too much lol) :wink:

I'm currently at Simpsons and I find it brilliant. It's about a 15 min walk to the uni but it definitely better than Norton Court, Blenheim etc. It's in a better area than them, plus there's an awesome (really cheap too) cinema a stones throw away. There's also a Tesco and sainsburys local etc nearby.
Its also just off of Derby Road which is pretty much all resided by students so there's always people you'll get to know and bump into. Any other questions just pm n I'll be happy to answer, I know what it's like just before uni and it's always good knowing as much as you can before you get there :-) .
Reply 331
Original post by Quixoticelixer
I'm currently at Simpsons and I find it brilliant. It's about a 15 min walk to the uni but it definitely better than Norton Court, Blenheim etc. It's in a better area than them, plus there's an awesome (really cheap too) cinema a stones throw away. There's also a Tesco and sainsburys local etc nearby.
Its also just off of Derby Road which is pretty much all resided by students so there's always people you'll get to know and bump into. Any other questions just pm n I'll be happy to answer, I know what it's like just before uni and it's always good knowing as much as you can before you get there :-) .

I know this is a big ask but is there any chance you could take some pics of your room and the kitchen? That would be really nice!
Well here's a link to a picture of a bedroom, it's pretty much identical to mine bar the decorations... http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4502771514_25e541915c.jpg

As for the kitchen, There isnt much to take a picture of, it's just a large square room, a few cupboards, large table, chairs n some soft waiting room style seats...

This link below is good if you want to see what the courtyard within the gates is like... It has a 360 view and it also has other halls so you can compare...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/360/students/nottingham_trent/simpsons.shtml
Reply 333
Cotton Mills? I don't think I looked at that. I wasn't told that you can only book accommodation for your firm to begin with, therefore I thought I could book accommodation for my firm and insurance. With NTU being my insurance, if I don't meet the entry requirements for my firm then I'll be put into any accommodation as I've been told. I've heard Norton court isn't in a very good area, and there's a lot of crime there? :s-smilie: could have heard wrong. I really want to get into Sandby if I can, its got most of what I'm looking for. And what did you mean by so much other rubbish going on there? Oh and thank you :smile:

I've heard Simpsons is quite good.
Norton Court, St. Peters Court and Cotton Mills are in Radford, yeah it's a bit of a rough area but it's not as bad as it's can be made out to be, it's a bit far out from City campus though. About a 20min walk if you're like me running late and walking ridiculously fast.

If you get placed in Accom last minute you could end up somwhere not so great, if thats the case I'd check out Cotton Mills or ask them about it cause it's a really good standard of living here and you get a lot more for your money (I think cause it's private) - I'm paying the same as what people at Sandby pay for a room twice the size (I've put a double bed in my room) and a proper bathroom not a white plastic box :smile: also the kitchen/living area is quite big and you only have to share that with 4/5 others, with free view tv - dont have to pay for a license etc.

Ah just some people were being charged for breaking/doing stuff at Sandby that they didn't actually do, so they're not happy.

Sorry I'm not much help, I don't really know how to go about booking accommodation for insurance etc.
Reply 334
Hi guys my names Grace and I've recently firmed my offer to study Psychology, Business and Education at NTU anyone else studying this course?

Can't decide whether or not to choose accommodation on clifton or city campus..

Im so excited :biggrin:
Reply 335
Welcome to the thread grace :biggrin:

I've also replied to your PM :smile:
Reply 336
Finally got my unconditional and firmed! Nottingham trent here I come!
Reply 337
looks like im alone in doing philosophy & english joint? haha cannot wait!! :biggrin:
Reply 338
Get in there Frankio :biggrin:

and tom, I'm sure someone there will be doing it :tongue:
Reply 339
Original post by Graceyy
Hi guys my names Grace and I've recently firmed my offer to study Psychology, Business and Education at NTU anyone else studying this course?

Can't decide whether or not to choose accommodation on clifton or city campus..

Im so excited :biggrin:

heyy, i've applied for psychology and sports science, not the same but close :P

yeah I was wondering, which campus is the best? or most popular?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending