The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Laws offers - 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi There,

Is anyone familiar with International student offers that don't follow IB/A Levels curriculum? (Im currently doing the Canadian system) I sent my application on October 12th and haven't heard back from LSE since. I've received confirmation of my application but that was also in October.

Several of my friends have already been rejected to LSE Law, so I was wondering at this point, if no news is good news?

Any input will help thanks :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by mw1993
Hi There,

Is anyone familiar with International student offers that don't follow IB/A Levels curriculum? (Im currently doing the Canadian system) I sent my application on October 12th and haven't heard back from LSE since. I've received confirmation of my application but that was also in October.

Several of my friends have already been rejected to LSE Law, so I was wondering at this point, if no news is good news?

Any input will help thanks :smile:

People will get rejections and offers from now through to spring. If you haven't received anything yet that simply means your application is under consideration. It's good news in the sense that you haven't been rejected, but I wouldn't go as far as to say this means you'll have an offer waiting.
Unconditional for 2011 :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Adelaide123
Unconditional for 2011 :biggrin:

Congrats, welcome to the circle :P

You planning to take the offer?
Original post by Bellrosk
Congrats, welcome to the circle :P

You planning to take the offer?

hahah! thanks :smile:
Yeah, definitely going to take it - it's by far the best university out of my choices and I'm so excited :biggrin:
Will it be your choice? Which A Level sujects did you take? :smile:
Reply 25
hahah! thanks :smile:
Yeah, definitely going to take it - it's by far the best university out of my choices and I'm so excited :biggrin:
Will it be your choice? Which A Level sujects did you take? :smile:

Yeah, I've literally just this minute withdrawn my applications to Bristol, Warwick and Kings and accepted LSE, so shall definitely be there this September :smile:

I took Eng Lit, History and Economics as full A-Levels, also did Biology and Crit thinking at AS and an EPQ in Classics.

You? :smile:
Yeah, I've literally just this minute withdrawn my applications to Bristol, Warwick and Kings and accepted LSE, so shall definitely be there this September :smile:

I took Eng Lit, History and Economics as full A-Levels, also did Biology and Crit thinking at AS and an EPQ in Classics.

You? :smile:

Oh wow! Does that mean you'd not heard from Warwick yet? I've not heard from them but have heard from everywhere else.
I did biology, chemistry and maths for A2 and philosophy for AS.
What are your plans for your gap year? :smile:
Reply 27
Oh wow! Does that mean you'd not heard from Warwick yet? I've not heard from them but have heard from everywhere else.
I did biology, chemistry and maths for A2 and philosophy for AS.
What are your plans for your gap year? :smile:

Nah I hadn't heard back yet, but seeing as I made my mind up there wasn't much point waiting any longer.

And I'm just working really, trying to save up so I'll have a nice fund to start me off.
Nah I hadn't heard back yet, but seeing as I made my mind up there wasn't much point waiting any longer.

And I'm just working really, trying to save up so I'll have a nice fund to start me off.

That's exactly what I'm doing with mine :biggrin:
London is going to be mega expensive!
Reply 29
Hey i got an offer for law last week. My application was processed December 10th and offer received January 27th, the offer is conditional (a*aa).

GCSE 9A* 3A
AS AAAB
A2 Predicted A*A*A (Maths, Economics, English Literature)

Have you all booked a place for the Visit Day in april? Can't wait to look round :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by sam_93
Hey i got an offer for law last week. My application was processed December 10th and offer received January 27th, the offer is conditional (a*aa).

GCSE 9A* 3A
AS AAAB
A2 Predicted A*A*A (Maths, Economics, English Literature)

Have you all booked a place for the Visit Day in april? Can't wait to look round :rolleyes:

Yup I've booked my place :smile: Have you never visited before?
Reply 31
Yup I've booked my place :smile: Have you never visited before?

No i haven't actually, seen a couple of virtual tours on the website, but that's it! I had work experience nearby in the summer and went to the courts, so i think its location is great..
There was a lecture i actually wanted to see last year, but tickets for the event sold out almost instantly so i didn't get a chance to go! I take it you've been?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by sam_93
No i haven't actually, seen a couple of virtual tours on the website, but that's it! I had work experience nearby in the summer and went to the courts, so i think its location is great..
There was a lecture i actually wanted to see last year, but tickets for the event sold out almost instantly so i didn't get a chance to go! I take it you've been?

Yeah I've visited the campus three times, it's very small, enclosed and very metropolitan. It's perfect for me :smile:
Reply 33
Yeah I've visited the campus three times, it's very small, enclosed and very metropolitan. It's perfect for me :smile:

I didn't think the LSE campus to be small, but i guess i'll be able to better judge it in april.. from the maps i've seen it does seem enclosed doesn't it, i think that's actually quite nice too :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by sam_93
I didn't think the LSE campus to be small, but i guess i'll be able to better judge it in april.. from the maps i've seen it does seem enclosed doesn't it, i think that's actually quite nice too :smile:

Well I mean it's small compared to some Unis, obviously it's not tiny :smile: And yeah, it's all enclosed on a series of intertwining streets. Very cosy!
Reply 35
Well I mean it's small compared to some Unis, obviously it's not tiny :smile: And yeah, it's all enclosed on a series of intertwining streets. Very cosy!

Yeah i thought that might have been what you meant :smile: and it sounds it! You from London?
Reply 36
Original post by sam_93
Yeah i thought that might have been what you meant :smile: and it sounds it! You from London?

Nope Bristol, but I go to London quite a lot. How about you?
Reply 37
Nope Bristol, but I go to London quite a lot. How about you?

Ooh right, yeah im from London, so im not actually getting away from here but it's a good place to study :smile: Hope to meet you on the visit day! Should be good to meet other lse lawyers..
Reply 38
Original post by sam_93
Ooh right, yeah im from London, so im not actually getting away from here but it's a good place to study :smile: Hope to meet you on the visit day! Should be good to meet other lse lawyers..

For sure :smile: I'm sure there will be plenty of us there!
Reply 39
Hi,

I've got an offer as well for Law at LSE.
My application was processed by UCAS : 15-Nov-2010
And I received my offer on: 27 Jan 2011
8A*s and 4As for GCSEs
4As and a B for AS Level and I'm predicted A*AA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending