The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

anyone else applied for earth science/geology?

got an offer....AAB! really pleased
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2701
Original post by yilyn
If an offer comes, definitely. What did you applied for?

Computer Science but I'm not sure if i'm going to firm it! It depends on my Imperial interview (:

How about you?
Reply 2702
Original post by Laura-L
Me :biggrin: I got an offer on Friday 11th feb. Im def making it my firm choice. So excited !!
Im doing Urban planning, design and management.

what's everyone else doing?

I'm doing Computer Science but haven't firmed UCL yet :colondollar: not sure if I will actually...
Reply 2703
Original post by Rosswold
definitely me :biggrin: I already firmed my unconditional! Just have to complete the accommodation form and September can come! (Actually, it should be September already!!!)

haha great :biggrin: What did you apply for? (:
Reply 2704
Original post by smid1345
Computer Science but I'm not sure if i'm going to firm it! It depends on my Imperial interview (:

How about you?

I applied for Law. I'm international so I won't be required to go for a interview. :smile:
Original post by hunter'sdaughter
I have officially firmed UCL and my accommodation form is being sent off tomorrow. I'm so excited :woo: :woo: :woo:

eeee exciting! I can't wait to firm UCL either + sort out accomodation, I just need the offer to come through on track!
Original post by xbabycakes
eeee exciting! I can't wait to firm UCL either + sort out accomodation, I just need the offer to come through on track!

Hi, congrats on your offer!
Question: did they post/email you about your offer or something? How is it that you have an offer but it's not on track and they haven't told you the conditions? :confused:

Firming it make everything seem so real :biggrin:
I can't believe I'm free of UCAS :woo:
What type of accommodation are you looking at?
With regards to halls, would people be going catered or non-catered? I have no idea, like I'm too lazy (inept) to cook, but at the same time I've heard sometimes the meals aren't great.
hmmm....anybody didn't receive computer science interview invitation? I send my application on 8 of December and still nothing. All other replied and I am almost done with my other interviews... I e-mailed them last week, but nobody answered me yet( Van it be that I am going to be rejected?!
Reply 2710
Original post by Dark Alukard
hmmm....anybody didn't receive computer science interview invitation? I send my application on 8 of December and still nothing. All other replied and I am almost done with my other interviews... I e-mailed them last week, but nobody answered me yet( Van it be that I am going to be rejected?!

I got an offer without an interview or invitation for computer science (G400)
Original post by sammydolce
Hi, congrats on your offer!
Question: did they post/email you about your offer or something? How is it that you have an offer but it's not on track and they haven't told you the conditions? :confused:

I was invited to an open day :smile: basically, you had to go to get your offer, to show you're actually interested in studying there. After the open day they said they'd get back to us within 4 weeks about conditions, so hopefully I'll hear soon!
Firming it make everything seem so real :biggrin:
I can't believe I'm free of UCAS :woo:
What type of accommodation are you looking at?

ahh you're so lucky! :biggrin: well, anything with an en-suite, self catering, and relatively close to the university. Ideally John Dodgson, but you can't choose specific halls can you?

You?
ahh you're so lucky! :biggrin: well, anything with an en-suite, self catering, and relatively close to the university. Ideally John Dodgson, but you can't choose specific halls can you?

You?

I'm really hoping for Ramsay, it's catered, nearby and apparently really social so I'm happy :yep:
It's going to be weird not hearing from them until August now though :redface:
I'm really hoping for Ramsay, it's catered, nearby and apparently really social so I'm happy :yep:
It's going to be weird not hearing from them until August now though :redface:

cool :smile: yep, very weird! ah well, that means it's all down to us now to get the grades. scary stuff :redface:
cool :smile: yep, very weird! ah well, that means it's all down to us now to get the grades. scary stuff :redface:

:sadnod:
Reply 2716
Original post by georgiee
Have any of you got an offer for Economics and geography yet? i'm still waiting, UCL hasnt contacted me about open days or anything and i applied late october...
have any of you been to the selection day/interview day? what was it like? thanks :smile:

I have the interview day on 9th of March, and I still can't decide whether to go or not. I have an offer from Cambridge, and the 'trip' to London would cost a lot... not sure if it's worth it. I have no insurance choice though so that's quite a dilemma.

I have met a Chinese girl at Cambridge who had got an offer for Econ&Geog without any interview/open day. They'll probably wait till interviews are finished to make a decision about you. Hopefully you'll get an offer :>.
unconditional offer today for philosophy and econ.
high fives all around.
alright.
I was invited to an open day :smile: basically, you had to go to get your offer, to show you're actually interested in studying there. After the open day they said they'd get back to us within 4 weeks about conditions, so hopefully I'll hear soon!

Hmm I seee.. So do people usually not get rejected after being invited to Open Days?
Cos I was invited and told that they would recommend me for an offer and that my "offer was contingent on my attendance" but I live in Japan and can't go. They told me that they understand and will still recommend me for an offer but I'm worried I've slimmed my chances of getting an offer :frown:
Anyone got an offer for german yet ? And did you have to attend an open day / interview ?
:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending