The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by cuhlowey
yep, but the sooner i hear,the sooner i go to NZ!

Where are you going in NZ, i have a friend who lives there, some place uptown from christ church, think it's Hamilton, she moved there last year
Reply 1081
Original post by dmz
Where are you going in NZ, i have a friend who lives there, some place uptown from christ church, think it's Hamilton, she moved there last year

i have family and i know a family who lives there who used to live in my town. my family are all about south island, christchurch queenstown and dunedin. hamilton is on north island :tongue: unless there's two.. :confused: haha. but hamilton is near rotorua i think..which is where i know people from on north island, :biggrin:
Reply 1082
i have family and i know a family who lives there who used to live in my town. my family are all about south island, christchurch queenstown and dunedin. hamilton is on north island :tongue: unless there's two.. :confused: haha. but hamilton is near rotorua i think..which is where i know people from on north island, :biggrin:

I meant north by uptown :tongue:, if she doesn't come to uni in UK i'll probz see her next year :smile:. Wow, you've been there a lot then? Someone said something to me that's a bit like countryside, that's not true is it cos it looks nice in all my friend's picture plus if i get in Glasgow i want to do my 2nd elective then :biggrin:. (A lot of my plans are not going to work out if Glasgow rejects me :afraid:)
Reply 1083
Original post by dmz
I meant north by uptown :tongue:, if she doesn't come to uni in UK i'll probz see her next year :smile:. Wow, you've been there a lot then? Someone said something to me that's a bit like countryside, that's not true is it cos it looks nice in all my friend's picture plus if i get in Glasgow i want to do my 2nd elective then :biggrin:. (A lot of my plans are not going to work out if Glasgow rejects me :afraid:)

yeh ill be doing 1st or/and 2nd elective out there too hopefully!!
ive never actually been before. been planning on going all my life just never knew when i could. and now here's the perfect chance... :cool:
Reply 1084
yeh ill be doing 1st or/and 2nd elective out there too hopefully!!
ive never actually been before. been planning on going all my life just never knew when i could. and now here's the perfect chance... :cool:

might be an idea to go at the same time? :dontknow: i wanna do another in the US or Maybe something humanitarian related
Reply 1085
Original post by dmz
might be an idea to go at the same time? :dontknow: i wanna do another in the US or Maybe something humanitarian related

yeah i'd thought of the US but i reckon im gonna fall in love with the pacific when im oer.... :smile:
Anybody know how much weight the interview has in deciding on whether you get an offer?
Original post by G550NDH
Very Hogwarts like ... I LIKE ! :borat:

That's cos that's where parts of the Harry Potter films were set!
Reply 1088
Original post by Harbour Seal
I'm pretty sure this is the case as well. But on their website they mantion "acquired/predicted grades", which suggested that they are weighed equally. I'm just kind of in denial right now: I genuinely think they've made a mistake. I'm not really dealing with this in a healthy way at all.

I won't hear anything from Dundee until the end of February, start of March. I'm pretty sure they'll be a rejection too, though if I do get a place, daughter or no, I'm taking it.

How did your interview go?! :biggrin:

I would call admissions and say you are aware that people with lower UKCAT scores than yourself have been given an interview and based on their admissions policies believe you should be offered one. I mean anything could have happened, letter not delivered, human error. No harm in being pushy if it gets you an interview.
Original post by lekky
I would call admissions and say you are aware that people with lower UKCAT scores than yourself have been given an interview and based on their admissions policies believe you should be offered one. I mean anything could have happened, letter not delivered, human error. No harm in being pushy if it gets you an interview.

Oh dear, I don't like being pushy at all... I think I'll phone them up and just enquire where my rejection letter is. :smile:
Oh dear, I don't like being pushy at all... I think I'll phone them up and just enquire where my rejection letter is. :smile:

Right, so I sent the following e-mail to admissions (straight to Coleen Anderson, nae fannying aboot like)

Dear Coleen,

I was rejected just under two weeks ago and I have yet to receive my feedback for my unsuccessful application. Is there any indication as to when I will receive this letter?

Also, I am aware that others with a lower UKCAT score than myself (I gained a 680) have received interviews. Is this due to the fact I have not gained my Highers yet, despite being predicted the grades for admission?

I realise this is a busy time for the medical school, so any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rebecca
Actually crying right now.

Turns out I was sent an interview in the post on 3rd of December for the 3rd of February, but I never received the letter because of the snow.

I now have an interview for the 7th of March!
:biggrin:

Turns out I was sent an interview in the post on 3rd of December for the 3rd of February, but I never received the letter because of the snow.

congrats!! :banana:

it's good to be pushy :smile:
Reply 1093

HAHAHA that's freaking awesome! Hurray for PUSHY!

Awful post service
Original post by danman14
congrats!! :banana:

it's good to be pushy :smile:

Thank you! EEEEEP! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by dmz
HAHAHA that's freaking awesome! Hurray for PUSHY!

Awful post service

To be fair, I don't blame them, the snow was really treacherous around our way even to walk.

PLUS I STILL HAVE AN INTERVIEW AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Whoop, Whoop! Aw that is brilliant news! So pleased for you! Good luck with it. Let us know how you get on! :biggrin:
Reply 1097

The same thing happened to me lol. I e-mailed her last week, and found I've got an interview for the 15th of March :biggrin:. Damn snow giving me months of needless worry.
Reply 1098
congrats!
Reply 1099
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone got asked an "sciencey stuff" about their personal statement. For example if you mentioned that you saw a patient with breast cancer, would you get asked about its causes, treatments, symptoms etc. ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending