The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Applied for MMORSE, sent my application 14th October and still now news.

People who applied after me have already been interviewed and have been offered places, can't help but worry!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1761
Original post by chanique12
rejected for politics and international studies today. my grades were higher than the standard requirement, and honestly my PS wasn't that bad. absolutely gutted as well :frown: guess i can cancel all hope for LSE now..

too bad, what are your grades and when did you apply?
have they given you a reason?
Original post by Est.
too bad, what are your grades and when did you apply?
have they given you a reason?

My grades weren't perfect, but I had 38 IB points, with a 7-6-6 combination in my HL subjects. According to their admission pages, they require 36 IB points and a 6-6-6 combination. However, I wrote a personal statement based on studying International Relations (since my other applications were sent for IR). Maybe that was wrong of me? Is there actually any difference? But no, they didn't give me any reason.
Reply 1763
Original post by chanique12
My grades weren't perfect, but I had 38 IB points, with a 7-6-6 combination in my HL subjects. According to their admission pages, they require 36 IB points and a 6-6-6 combination. However, I wrote a personal statement based on studying International Relations (since my other applications were sent for IR). Maybe that was wrong of me? Is there actually any difference? But no, they didn't give me any reason.

Hmm, i wrote my personal statement around international relations. However, i think IR and international politics are almost the same.

I remember avoiding using the terms 'International relations' and 'Politics' though xD <--- overly paranoid that i'd be rejected for mentioning another subject

I'm still waiting though...
Original post by Est.
Hmm, i wrote my personal statement around international relations. However, i think IR and international politics are almost the same.

I remember avoiding using the terms 'International relations' and 'Politics' though xD <--- overly paranoid that i'd be rejected for mentioning another subject

I'm still waiting though...

Ah, i see. Well well, at least i've got unconditional offers from both Edinburgh and St.Andrews. Pending LSE now :smile:

Good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 1765
Hi guys!
I've got offers from my two favourites Warwick and Durham and I'm really not sure which one to go to!
Also, what's the nightlife like in Warwick?
Reply 1766
Original post by iceman1
Thats what im working on. Hopefully wont be too long though, im guessing theyre doing rejections and then offers?!

Think I'm just gonna stop guessing (fretting) and just wait and see! :smile:
Reply 1767
is anyone going to Warwick Business School post-offer open day tomorrow?
Reply 1768
Original post by ansgreen
Think I'm just gonna stop guessing (fretting) and just wait and see! :smile:

Thats what ive accepted, just wait and see!
Officially accepted my offer at Warwick! Now to figure out just what to do until October.
Was told I'm a home student (live in Japan so stuff was a bit complicated) but haven't been rejected/offered a place yet.

Ahhhh, this is driving me mad.
has anyone got an offer for A&F?
Reply 1772
Original post by SennaRacer77
has anyone got an offer for A&F?

yeah i got one a few months ago.
Reply 1773
Conditional for History V100 :biggrin:

FINALLY!

Buzzing! XD
Reply 1774
Original post by Damamat
Conditional for History V100 :biggrin:

FINALLY!

Buzzing! XD

Congrats! Is it your first choice?:smile:
Anyone had offers from Physics yet?
Reply 1776
Original post by Sappho
Congrats! Is it your first choice?:smile:

Well its defo in my top 2

Here's how its panned out so far:

Cambridge - rejection post interview
Exeter - offer
Warwick - offer
UEA - offer
Durham - pending

Durham is probably my favourite but Warwick is the perfect back up and could even end up being my firm - who knows?

Have you got your offer yet or still waiting? what subject too?
Reply 1777
Original post by sammydolce
Was told I'm a home student (live in Japan so stuff was a bit complicated) but haven't been rejected/offered a place yet.

Ahhhh, this is driving me mad.

go to tokyo or kyoto uni :wink:
Reply 1778
Original post by eskimoblueday
Has anyone been rejected from law at warwick? I haven't heard anything yet, kind of worried because two of my friends applying for english, both A*AA and A*A*A predictions, got rejections recently...a little scared, if I'm honest.

If it makes you feel any less scared, I was told at the open day that they treat A* predictions as As because not all schools predict them, so they would end up being unfairly biased :smile:
Reply 1779
Original post by Damamat
Well its defo in my top 2

Here's how its panned out so far:

Cambridge - rejection post interview
Exeter - offer
Warwick - offer
UEA - offer
Durham - pending

Durham is probably my favourite but Warwick is the perfect back up and could even end up being my firm - who knows?

Have you got your offer yet or still waiting? what subject too?

I got an offer to read Classics at Warwick back in December:smile:
Fingers crossed for Durham then! I applied there too, and I was tild which college I'd go to today:smile: Which college did you apply to?

Quick Reply

Latest