The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Of_the_hook
Surely BK is on drugs or something? :lolwut: Wouldn't someone in Heather's situation get some form of benefits? :s-smilie:

This is what I think but from today's episode it seems like she's just wasted any money that she did have. I have absolutely no sympathy for her. If you were that poor and randomly recieved £20 you wouldn't buy someone chocolates for £3, look at new clothes or give your money away to a conman. She's just stupid. If she calmed down for a minute she might be able to sort her life out a bit!
Is Heather dead now then?
Original post by Ears
Isn't this exciting.
P.s I have never ever seen someone ask for money on the tube :tongue:

How often do you get the tube? It's not that common but it does happen. I'd say I see it once every couple of months.

I've never, ever seen them be rude to somebody for not giving them anything though.
And yeah, Heather would be entitled to a fair amount of benefits if she was really earning that little. Maybe she's just so dumb that she never claimed.
EE's producers must really rate/love Heather's character that she becomes one of the rare people (last time it was Dot I think) who had a whole episode devoted to them. IMO, I hope that Heather does die because if she did, that would make her situation more stand out and shock the viewers. Where as we all know what will happen, Darren discovers her, she gets rushed to the hospital, lives, comes back out and is showered with affection and financial gifts, seems to be on the mend and she'll drift into the background as Shirley's side kick and her money worries will be forgotten! Rightly as people have said, she should be surviving if she gets benefits or maybe in soapland, benefits don't exist as real life issues of benefits hardly get a mention. Not a great episode, found it hard not to laugh at times.
i just this whole heather episode absolutely hilarious :rofl2:

honestly did they think i was gonna take a **** episode like this seriously? :curious:

cannot stand heather and dont feel soz for her at all, she has 2 jobs, recieves monthly money from shirley and darren, im going to assume she has benefits? wtf does she spend on the money on seriously :lolwut:

congrats to BK for ruining ronnie for me too, she was my fav female actress after stacey :congrats:
Original post by Aky786UK
EE's producers must really rate/love Heather's character that she becomes one of the rare people (last time it was Dot I think) who had a whole episode devoted to them. IMO, I hope that Heather does die because if she did, that would make her situation more stand out and shock the viewers. Where as we all know what will happen, Darren discovers her, she gets rushed to the hospital, lives, comes back out and is showered with affection and financial gifts, seems to be on the mend and she'll drift into the background as Shirley's side kick and her money worries will be forgotten! Rightly as people have said, she should be surviving if she gets benefits or maybe in soapland, benefits don't exist as real life issues of benefits hardly get a mention. Not a great episode, found it hard not to laugh at times.

LOOOL! did you see when she was climbing the stairs :rofl2:
Original post by Ears
Isn't this exciting.
P.s I have never ever seen someone ask for money on the tube :tongue:

lol! I would be surprised if someone even spoke to me on the tube, let alone asked me for money :rolleyes:

Original post by CityOfMyHeart
Despite everyone saying this is boring, I find it really sad... awww Heather :frown:

Me too :frown: And her horrid mother moved without giving her a second thought! Poor cow.
Original post by Hooovan*
lol! I would be surprised if someone even spoke to me on the tube, let alone asked me for money :rolleyes:

Me too :frown: And her horrid mother moved without giving her a second thought! Poor cow.

The way the homeless guy announced that he was going to ask for money was weird :p:

And oww poor Heather! She's such a lovely character (was about to say person!) and it feels like she's real sometimes because she's just so awwww!
TBF, that is what they do. They come into your carriage and make an announcement like, "Hi everyone, sorry to bother you, I know you just want to get home, but I just want to get some food and a bed for the night and I'd be really grateful if you could spare any change" and then they slowly walk down the carriage and generous people give them money and non-generous people - like me - don't, and embarrassed people stare at their shoes and turn up the volume on their ipod.
Eastenders has turned into a 30 minutes how not to ruin your life campaign by the BBC. With people like Billy Mitchel and Heather as the leading campaigners.

She has no hot water, heating, electricity, food for herself and more importantly her child. Yet she turns down vegetables from Billy AFTER a scene ago she tried to steal milk from her best mates house, and only days before that money from Dot. Who is arguably the kindest person to her. Yet she tells Billy to give the veg to a homeless charity? :hmmmm2:

Then she is shown trying to scavenge for Dot's left over scrambled eggs. Only to then finally receive cash. What does she do? She decides to buy not a chocolate, but a whole box of chocolates for Dot. Instead of spending all the money on food for herself and her defenseless baby. I bet the chocolates cost at least a few pounds. Tesco value beans are 28p. Least we forget her seemingly inability to demand her two weeks late wage payments from her best mate. On top of this she gets no child income support, housing benefit and working tax credit? ignoring the odd payments Darren strives to give her too? I won't even mention crisis loans.

Heather being picked on by the homeless man was priceless.

I'm suppose to feel sorry for this character?

Dot said 'heather you are a good girl' after she offered her some food (that heather bought) and tea but was turned down by her. Dot is wrong, Heather is the new definition of human stupidity.

The moral of this episode was: 'don't be such a heather'.

:rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Reformed2010

Hahaha love it!

What a strange strange episode! I think this must be a first (one- and two-handers aside) where they've followed someone around like that in every scene. It's amazing how much of a different mood that creates when one minute she's on her mother's housing estate then she's running down past the minute mart!

And I love how unsubtle eastenders is with things, I mean how many zoom-ins did they have to do on that boiler?!
Original post by Reformed2010
Eastenders has turned into a 30 minutes how not to ruin your life campaign by the BBC. With people like Billy Mitchel and Heather as the leading campaigners.

She has no hot water, heating, electricity, food for herself and more importantly her child. Yet she turns down vegetables from Billy AFTER a scene ago she tried to steal milk from her best mates house, and only days before that money from Dot. Who is arguably the kindest person to her. Yet she tells Billy to give the veg to a homeless charity? :hmmmm2:

Then she is shown trying to scavenge for Dot's left over scrambled eggs. Only to then finally receive cash. What does she do? She decides to buy not a chocolate, but a whole box of chocolates for Dot. Instead of spending all the money on food for herself and her defenseless baby. I bet the chocolates cost at least a few pounds. Tesco value beans are 28p. Least we forget her seemingly inability to demand her two weeks late wage payments from her best mate. On top of this she gets no child income support, housing benefit and working tax credit? ignoring the odd payments Darren strives to give her too? I won't even mention crisis loans.

Heather being picked on by the homeless man was priceless.

I'm suppose to feel sorry for this character?

Dot said 'heather you are a good girl' after she offered her some food (that heather bought) and tea but was turned down by her. Dot is wrong, Heather is the new definition of human stupidity.

Lol! Heather is so pathetic. What were the producers thinking??
Reply 6593
Original post by flowermaster91
i just this whole heather episode absolutely hilarious :rofl2:

honestly did they think i was gonna take a **** episode like this seriously? :curious:

cannot stand heather and dont feel soz for her at all, she has 2 jobs, recieves monthly money from shirley and darren, im going to assume she has benefits? wtf does she spend on the money on seriously :lolwut:

congrats to BK for ruining ronnie for me too, she was my fav female actress after stacey :congrats:

?
Reply 6594
The worst part of the episode was the end when all her problems dissolved because she got twenty quid. As if the difference between poverty and wealth is such a minute amount of money. In real life Heather would have benefits out the wazoo, with a free flat and a reduced rate of council tax to boot.
Original post by -honeybee-
Lol! Heather is so pathetic. What were the producers thinking??

I don't think they were "thinking" at all :biggrin:
I don't think they were "thinking" at all :biggrin:

The weird thing is I've heard so many people saying they feel sorry for her! :eek: So some people must enjoy the storyline but I have no idea why! :confused:
Original post by -honeybee-
The weird thing is I've heard so many people saying they feel sorry for her! :eek: So some people must enjoy the storyline but I have no idea why! :confused:

The storyline did provided some lol moments like Heather running so maybe that's why people have enjoyed the episode :tongue: I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for her, she's grown woman but you'd think she was 5 year old with her "mummy" and blaming Shirley for everything. George's hardly Shirley's responsibility, she didn't even take care of her own children :s-smilie:
The storyline did provided some lol moments like Heather running so maybe that's why people have enjoyed the episode :tongue: I don't understand why anyone would feel sorry for her, she's grown woman but you'd think she was 5 year old with her "mummy" and blaming Shirley for everything. George's hardly Shirley's responsibility, she didn't even take care of her own children :s-smilie:

I agree completely, she's such an idiot. I can't work out what she's done with all her money either...she must at least get child benefit (which is like £20 a week) and she has 2 jobs! She's so naive, she actually used to think that Shirley would be a second mum to George and no matter how many times Shirley ditches her she keeps going back to her. I've also heard people say that it was really nasty for her mum to leave without telling her...this is Heather who hasn't spoken to her mum for 2 years!! I don't why this annoys me so much :colondollar: but she does absolutely nothing to help herself and makes the most idiotic mistakes!
Unrelated but there is a lady who works in my local Co-Op and she is the SPITTING IMAGE of Heather. It might actually be her o.o

Latest