The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by schnapster
Don't worry too much about it. I'm still waiting on one of my choices, Edinburgh, although they have a reputation for being very slow. One of my friends has applied to Chester actually, and she hasn't heard back from them either despite having offers from all of her other choices. Some universities are just slower than others :smile:.

Hi, I've applied to Edinburgh too (still not heard anything either). What did you apply in?
I haven't actually heard from any of my five choices yet.:frown:
Original post by Esther11
Hi, I've applied to Edinburgh too (still not heard anything either). What did you apply in?
I haven't actually heard from any of my five choices yet.:frown:

I applied for geology, how about you? Aaw :frown:, well I guess no news is good news, at least you haven't had any rejections :redface:. When did you send your application off, and where else have you applied? A lot of the Scottish unis are supposed to have reputations for being slower to respond than the rest of the UK... don't worry, I bet you'll hear from somewhere soon :smile:
Still waiting for all 5 :frown: it's depressing!
Reply 2063
I'm still waiting for four of mine to respond.

I set mine on November 12th and got an offer on December 2nd from Chester, but I've heard nothing since then... It is a bit maddening, I'm checking UCAS all of the time but to no avail. I have absolutely no patience :colondollar:
Reply 2064
Original post by bigfootchris2
I'm still waiting for all 5! I'm quite sure no-one else is in this situation either....rather worrying.

I also got negged for this - blame lies squarely with 'air-ninety-one'

Im also still waiting for all 5, however i applied just before the deadline. 3 of the unis have sent me letters asking about details concerning my criminal conviction, i replied and havnt heard anything back yet... im not that worried tho ..only about how much damage a criminal record can cause.
Original post by royal1990

My question is: Is anyone else still awaiting for their university decisions?

I'm still waiting for Warwick University, which SUCKS as it's my first choice too :frown: It's just a waiting game for now!
Original post by J420
Im also still waiting for all 5, however i applied just before the deadline. 3 of the unis have sent me letters asking about details concerning my criminal conviction, i replied and havnt heard anything back yet... im not that worried tho ..only about how much damage a criminal record can cause.

well its good to know im not the only one with no replies yet! when did you apply? I sent mine in december 7th...
Reply 2067
Original post by royal1990
I am applying for university for this upcoming academic year, I have heard from three out of my five choices. The other two I am still waiting for a reply. Ironically one of those is my preferred first choice, that being the University of Chester.

The other is Staffordshire University, I feel very knocked back by my spate of disappointments after been unsuccessful in regards to these other institutions. So I feel as though I won't get into either Chester or Staffordshire. It is already mid February and I have heard nothing from these two establishments. My tutor did advise me that these Universities would be "heavily oversubscribed". So this led me to believe that my chances were slim, plus the fact that I have heard nothing. Perhaps they have already accepted the majority of their candidates?

My question is: Is anyone else still awaiting for their university decisions?

Currently as it stands, I have one conditional offer to do a foundation degree (with top up) at my own college, which is basically an advanced version of what I am now doing. However this was originally my 'back up' plan. I am now left grumbling at this prospect, that I will have to take this offer and stay at home. Something which I intended to avoid, and did everything within my power to prevent. But it looks as though 'Beggars can't be choosers". I am considering going through UCAS Extra, but not sure if this would be worth it?

Anyone got any advice for me please?
By the way, I'm no troll (just for the record)
Thanks.

I heard from only 2/4 (4 as I am applying to medicine) soooooo still waiting:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reply 2068
Just waiting for Sheffield Hallam, which is annoying as it is probably going to be my first choice!
Reply 2069
I'm waiting for one uni (Bath) - which is also my top choice! I got all other offers within 2 weeks of sending off my application (it was sent the beginning of December) but I've still not heard from my top choice except for an acknowledgement. You are definitely not alone!
Don't worry I'm still waiting on Chester, got an acknowledgment in like November too - don't worry, I presume they're just taking a long time with offers :smile:
I am still waiting on Plymouth Uni although to be fair they did email me last week to get confirmation of my previous qualifications so I may have a bit longer to wait still.
Reply 2072
Don't worry too much about it. I'm still waiting on one of my choices, Edinburgh, although they have a reputation for being very slow. One of my friends has applied to Chester actually, and she hasn't heard back from them either despite having offers from all of her other choices. Some universities are just slower than others :smile:.

Edit: Why the neg? :confused:

Edinburgh is the only one still pending for me as well; do you know if they've rejected people yet, or have they just made absolutely no effort regarding decisions whatsoever?
I'm still waiting..got response from 3 unis..mind you I sent it in December so kinda late tbh
Original post by Shmeiks
Edinburgh is the only one still pending for me as well; do you know if they've rejected people yet, or have they just made absolutely no effort regarding decisions whatsoever?

They've definitely handed out a few rejections and unconditionals at least, I know one guy who got rejected from Applied Sport Science and another who got an unconditional for Law.

I'm still waiting on 4 of my choices... So annoying to watch people get offers who sent their application on the deadline when I've had mine sent for ages now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2075
I applied for geology, how about you? Aaw :frown:, well I guess no news is good news, at least you haven't had any rejections :redface:. When did you send your application off, and where else have you applied? A lot of the Scottish unis are supposed to have reputations for being slower to respond than the rest of the UK... don't worry, I bet you'll hear from somewhere soon :smile:

I applied in adult nursing. I sent my application at the start of December. I applied to two Scottish unis but I haven't heard from the English ones either. Hopefully it will come soon. Good luck with your application.:smile:
Dont worry :smile: im still waiting on 4 and i dont think i know anyone that has heard from everywhere... Most ppl have that one or two theyre still waiting on and no news is good news!
Reply 2077
I sent my application off at the end of October and still waiting for one Uni to reply, Loughborough! They are taking such a long time!
Original post by Shmeiks

Well I know of one person who has been given an unconditional offer (they're Scottish themselves). But everyone else I know who applied to Edinburgh hasn't heard from them yet :/.
Original post by Esther11
I applied in adult nursing. I sent my application at the start of December. I applied to two Scottish unis but I haven't heard from the English ones either. Hopefully it will come soon. Good luck with your application.:smile:

Oh cool :smile:. I suppose with nursing though you need to do interviews and things so there's a lot more organisation to be done on the part of the university...that's my guess anyway. Good luck with your application too, hopefully you should hear from somewhere soon :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest