The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by aaastar
Everything I read about QMUL says that going there makes it almost impossible to get a training contract though and somewhere like Sheffield would be better for that. Very confused.

And where have you read this from?
Original post by adam0311
He's obviously not doing IB if he has an A*AA offer.

FWIW, I sent my application out in mid-September and don't have an offer/rejection from LSE yet.

have you been invited to an open day/ had an offer from qm?
Original post by bringmesunshine
have you been invited to an open day/ had an offer from qm?

Nope. Nothing from QMUL and I applied back in September.
Reply 2983
Ooops, I didnt see the AAA offer bit!
Nope. Nothing from QMUL and I applied back in September.

i am in the same boat, applied september and still no reply
Reply 2985
Just got an offer for law from Nottingham and they lowered it to AAB...I am so shocked considering my lnat score is not great and my AS grades are not that good either. Maybe it was the essay, I don't know.

I'm torn because I wanted to do English and have an offer from UEA which is the same grades and just did this as parents wanted me to but now I got an offer and it was lowered (and I really didn't think I had a chance of getting in at all, and I applied here too for English but got rejected...weird huh?)...I don't know what to do!
i got an offer from surrey DD... which is rather weird cuz normally they require 320 ucas points.... cant complain tho; cuz less pressure to do well on my A level; although i got a B in AS.....
Original post by anjolao
Just got an offer for law from Nottingham and they lowered it to AAB...I am so shocked considering my lnat score is not great and my AS grades are not that good either. Maybe it was the essay, I don't know.

I'm torn because I wanted to do English and have an offer from UEA which is the same grades and just did this as parents wanted me to but now I got an offer and it was lowered (and I really didn't think I had a chance of getting in at all, and I applied here too for English but got rejected...weird huh?)...I don't know what to do!

maybe it was ps?.... go to the open days n see which u like best. the offer could be based on ur english qulalification... they need an A in english i think, law doenst require u to have an A lavel in english.... hope this makes sense!:smile:
Reply 2988
Offer from Nottingham!!! yeahh!! :biggrin: AAB <3
I want to add my two cents to the whole "hard to get a TC with a degree from QMUL" thing. My mum went to Sainsbury's and got talking to one of the cashiers who just happened to be a Law grad from QM. He said that he'd applied for loads of TC's and had still got no offers and that not many people in his year got TC's from MC firms.

Maybe he just sent off particularly bad applications (as well as the majority of his cohort) but this story made me glad that I didn't apply to QM. What confuses me is the fact that QM has a Law School that has quickly become more reputable as time has progressed.
Reply 2990
Hi everyone, newbie! :biggrin: Congrats to all those who already have offers! Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you folk when we start uni.

Course: LLB Law (Scots)
University: Dundee
Offer: Unconditional

University: Aberdeen
Offer: Unconditional

University: Glasgow
Offer: Most probably a conditional. Got an email earlier saying I had gotten a place on the course, but track hasn't given the conditions yet.

Dead chuffed though! Just waiting on Edinburgh now...
Reply 2991
Original post by millylyd
Offer from Nottingham!!! yeahh!! :biggrin: AAB <3

What were your predictions and LNAT score if i may ask?

I got AAA when loads of people seem to be getting AAB :redface:
Reply 2992
Original post by anjolao

Do you mind me asking your LNAT score?
Reply 2993
Original post by TimmonaPortella
:colondollar:

Stupid, isn't it? For UCL my LNAT wasn't great, which may be partly to blame, but the LSE's GCSE rumours seem accurate. Seems a bizarre way to judge an 18 year old's ability to cope with a course to me: a consideration of exams he took at 16, even where later exams show marked improvement.
You rightly point out though that I no longer give a crap :tongue: It's firmed. It felt awesome.

You know, this actually really shows why Oxbridge are considered so good, they take people who have potential, rather than just prior achievement. I still think whoever processed your UCAS firming must have thought "You utter badass."

To be fair also, UCL would have been the only real insurance, as soon as the Bridge accepted you, unless you were thinking of going to LSE, you must have hoped for UCL more?

ANYWAY, good luck home skillet biscuit, I want as many Northerners as possible to get into Oxbridge, from the sounds of the place during my visits, it's not yet Northern enough :p:
Reply 2994
He's obviously not doing IB if he has an A*AA offer.

Burn.

Original post by Doughnuts!!
I want to add my two cents to the whole &quot;hard to get a TC with a degree from QMUL&quot; thing. My mum went to Sainsbury's and got talking to one of the cashiers who just happened to be a Law grad from QM. He said that he'd applied for loads of TC's and had still got no offers and that not many people in his year got TC's from MC firms.

Maybe he just sent off particularly bad applications (as well as the majority of his cohort) but this story made me glad that I didn't apply to QM. What confuses me is the fact that QM has a Law School that has quickly become more reputable as time has progressed.

I would think it's hard to get TCs from anywhere immediately?
I've heard they prefer you to get a little work experience first, but I may be completely off base.

:dontknow:
Reply 2995
I've just been rejected from Nottingham :frown:
Reply 2996
Original post by *BB*

Be seeing you at Warwick then? :wink: Chin up, you have some nice offers under your belt regardless :smile:

--------------------------

Very few Law offers gone out for Bristol as far as i can see. This is like torture :|
Reply 2997
Original post by *BB*

Same :frown:
It was my favourite too. Do you mind me asking your LNAT/A Level predictions?
Original post by sophsxo

me too!! gutted as it was my top choice! :frown: did you get a reason?? i can only assume it was my LNAT.
Reply 2999
Original post by sophsxo

I'm sorry :frown: Where's your top choice now then?
I'm predicted A*A*A* with an A* in EPQ. How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending