The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by jcarberry1
My interview is tomorrow as well!! What time is your's at?

Woo
Mines at 4.05 pm and yours??
Are you going to go to the open day tomorrow?
Original post by ryan118244
Woo

My interview is at 2pm :smile: d'you mean the tour thing? I think I will yeah what about you? What kind of prep have you done for the interview?
Reply 942
My interview is at 2pm :smile: d'you mean the tour thing? I think I will yeah what about you? What kind of prep have you done for the interview?

Oh cool, not the med school tour, though I am going to go on that one as well . St Andrews open day for the whole uni is on tomorrow, like the accommodation and uni tour etc
Well I have gone over board and covered everything I can think of haha, how about you?
Oh cool, not the med school tour, though I am going to go on that one as well . St Andrews open day for the whole uni is on tomorrow, like the accommodation and uni tour etc
Well I have gone over board and covered everything I can think of haha, how about you?

Oh I never knew that!! I'll probably check out the accommodation then!
Haha sounds like you're well prepared!! I've already done tons of prep for my Glasgow interview two weeks ago so I've just been going over that, and just getting some info on the StAndrews course and stuff.
Is StAndrews your preferred choice? Will you have to move there if you get in? Also what do you think of the extra year?
good luck for tomorrow guys :biggrin:
Original post by areyousure?

Thank you!! (yn)
Reply 946
Are there more open days after the one tommorow?
Reply 947
Oh I never knew that!! I'll probably check out the accommodation then!
Haha sounds like you're well prepared!! I've already done tons of prep for my Glasgow interview two weeks ago so I've just been going over that, and just getting some info on the StAndrews course and stuff.
Is StAndrews your preferred choice? Will you have to move there if you get in? Also what do you think of the extra year?

I have to say St Andrews is stunning, I had a little look around today :smile:
Oh cool, yea I did prep for my other interviews as well so I've been building upon that.
I hope I'm prepared, I wantto wow them to make up for my **** GCSEs.
Yea it's deffinitely my top choice, how about you?
Yea, lol I live down south so it will be quite a big move for me. How about you?
I really like the extra year, one of te reasons I choose them, because I wanted to intercalate anyway, do you like it?
Reply 948
Original post by areyousure?

Thank you!!!!

Original post by KCosmo

Yea, but I only think there are a couple more, it says on the website.
I have to say St Andrews is stunning, I had a little look around today :smile:
Oh cool, yea I did prep for my other interviews as well so I've been building upon that.
I hope I'm prepared, I wantto wow them to make up for my **** GCSEs.
Yea it's deffinitely my top choice, how about you?
Yea, lol I live down south so it will be quite a big move for me. How about you?
I really like the extra year, one of te reasons I choose them, because I wanted to intercalate anyway, do you like it?

I've never been but I can imagine it is very historical! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow now! Just hope the weather isn't too bad (yn).
I'm not too sure what my top choice is!! I've been going between all the universities so I guess I'll just have to see who takes me!! StAndrews isn't really my favourite though. I'd like to get into either Aberdeen or Edinburgh but I haven't heard from either of them so I think it's looking a bit bleak :frown:
I stay in Glasgow so it won't be as big a move for me!
I'm not too sure about the extra year. Why do you like it?
Reply 950
I've never been but I can imagine it is very historical! Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow now! Just hope the weather isn't too bad (yn).
I'm not too sure what my top choice is!! I've been going between all the universities so I guess I'll just have to see who takes me!! StAndrews isn't really my favourite though. I'd like to get into either Aberdeen or Edinburgh but I haven't heard from either of them so I think it's looking a bit bleak :frown:
I stay in Glasgow so it won't be as big a move for me!
I'm not too sure about the extra year. Why do you like it?

Ahh kk, yea Edinburgh isreally nice n
I like it because I want to have the extra science, I want to become a surgeon so I think it would be helpful.
Original post by baztech
It sounds like you rocked the interview IMO. Are you a graduate or school leaver? Jeezo about how to replicate similar experiment I think they were just putting a hard question out there, if you did well in the rest your sure to be put through. Was it you had to like spell out how to design the experiment, null hypothesis and all that!?!

Remember if they worked you hard it is a sign they were happy with the rest of your answers and so you are likely to get in.

Im extremely worried as 2 universities had rejected me. Plus the other one hasnt responded at all!

Im currently in A-levels, will receive my A2 in August. Im applying as an international student and as I know there are only 13 places available.

I dunno, I just explained how i would carry out a placebo in college. I was at a lost of words. Moments where I just couldn't talk. It was nightmarish!

:frown:
anyway, best of luck for all those who will be going for the interview!
St. Andrews is a once in a lifetime chance!
I just had my interview today!!! I think it went alright!!
Reply 954
I just had my interview today!!! I think it went alright!!

Ahh that's good!
I don't know what to think about mine, I didn't think it was fantastic. On some of the questions they kids reapeated and I was like I've already said that.
They kept asking me questiOns about work experience and as for the article :/ some te the questions are soo vague, I had to wait for them to prompt me :/
My dream of going to st Andrews is crushed.
On the positive note, the uni and med school is amazing!!
Reply 955
Original post by KCosmo

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/admissions/ug/visiting/

Defo go to one if I somehow get in! Dunno how well my chances will be...

Cheers for the good luck dramaboyz2007!
Reply 956
Original post by baztech
Ohh I see, sounds interesting, not sure what to expect now haha! But hopefully I should be fine with the scientific article since my last 2 years of University involved me making Pubmed my homepage...

hahahaha well then, you're all set! best of luck! :smile:
Woo

Pretty sure I just sat in the same room as you whilst reading the article. :P
Reply 958
Original post by HouseLover
Pretty sure I just sat in the same room as you whilst reading the article. :P

Haha I was wearing a red jumper, you?
Haha I was wearing a red jumper, you?

I was sitting across from you! Girl with the dotted shirt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending