The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Original post by natalia93
me too!! gutted as it was my top choice! :frown: did you get a reason?? i can only assume it was my LNAT.

Nope I didn't get one, did you?
What was your LNAT? Mine was 17 so pretty bad
Reply 3001
Original post by Krydel
Be seeing you at Warwick then? :wink: Chin up, you have some nice offers under your belt regardless :smile:

Thanks... I feel sad, I've visited twice because I love it so much.. I didn't even feel sad when Cambridge rejected me! :P
Ahh well I need another visit to Warwick! Are you firming Warwick?
Reply 3002
Original post by sophsxo
Do you mind me asking your LNAT score?

I got 19. I'm guessing it must have been the essay/ PS that did it haha!

I'm so overwhelmed, but extremely happy :smile:
Reply 3003
Original post by sophsxo

I got 17, and got rejected.
Original post by millylyd
it's the worst isn't it really? :/ when did you submit your application? sent mine in October. very doubtful, in truth :frown:

Sent mine on the 28th I think, just this minute had an offer AAB which I'm pretty surprised about due to my LNAT.
Good luck, and if all goes well maybe I'll see you in October !
:biggrin:
Reply 3005
Original post by UmalHartnett
maybe it was ps?.... go to the open days n see which u like best. the offer could be based on ur english qulalification... they need an A in english i think, law doenst require u to have an A lavel in english.... hope this makes sense!:smile:

Yes UEA want me to get an A in English Lit which I'm aiming for anyway. It's a good point that Notts don't require a specific grade at all.
That's what I think I'll do and then I can decide on what I want to do.
Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 3006
Original post by Krydel

Original post by Krydel
What were your predictions and LNAT score if i may ask?

I got AAA when loads of people seem to be getting AAB :redface:

My LNAT score was 19 and my predictions were AAA. my essay for LNAT was literally three paragraphs long and with no structure or argument (I was ill on the day :frown: ) so I am quite surprised. :smile: and very very happy!!! I am definitely going to accept it!
Reply 3007
Original post by danielsmith

Original post by danielsmith
Sent mine on the 28th I think, just this minute had an offer AAB which I'm pretty surprised about due to my LNAT.
Good luck, and if all goes well maybe I'll see you in October !
:biggrin:

Hii yeah I got my offer last night and was very surprised too actually :P but sooo thrilled. :smile: well done!! cannot wait! doesn't Nottingham start in September? xx
Original post by sophsxo

snap mine was 17 too!!! but people have got in with 10!!
what were your grades like?
Reply 3009
Original post by natalia93
snap mine was 17 too!!! but people have got in with 10!!
what were your grades like?

Are you serious?! Guess it can't have been my LNAT then.
My GCSEs weren't brilliant: A*A*AAAAABBBB
AS levels: AAAAA
A2 predictions: AAAA

You?
Reply 3010
Rejected from Nottingham

GCSE's 7A*s 4As

Predicted 4 A*s

LNAT 15 :frown:

So upset Nottingham was my first choice.. stupid lnat exam!
Reply 3011
Original post by *BB*
I've just been rejected from Nottingham :frown:

lol dw, their offer policy is weird this year. Half their offers are bloomin' AAB for an AAA course!

I've been rejected as well, but I know thats because I got a relatively weak (but above average) LNAT score. I have an offer from Bham and no rejection from Kings, so I'm perfectly content (although slightly annoyed at Notts' over-reliance on the LNAT).

Still though, similarly to my profile, my friend got 11a*s at GCSE, 4A* predictions, 4 weeks of work experience with a leading barristers chambers and STILL got rejected, merely because he got 17 on the LNAT- a very unfair offer process indeed. Arguably, if someone does bad on ONE TEST, that does not justify rejecting the candidate who otherwise consistently produces good results (this candidate has other offers from LNAT unis and had an interview at Oxford).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by millylyd
Hii yeah I got my offer last night and was very surprised too actually :P but sooo thrilled. :smile: well done!! cannot wait! doesn't Nottingham start in September? xx

Yeah, sorry my mistake the excitement got to me :wink:
Think I'm gonna firm it, what about you? xx
Original post by sophsxo
Are you serious?! Guess it can't have been my LNAT then.
My GCSEs weren't brilliant: A*A*AAAAABBBB
AS levels: AAAAA
A2 predictions: AAAA

You?

GCSE: 7A*'s 3A's and a B
AS: AAB and B ALevel maths
predicted: A*A*A*A and A AS
LNAT 17

such a bummer! its my home town too so will be very sad to leave!!!
where else have you heard from then? :smile:
I got offer from Nottingham too. But i got it like few weeks ago. Only condition is that I do IELTS as i am international student.

LNAT 24
Reply 3015
I got rejected from Nottingham today.

13/42 on the LNAT.

That's probably the reason why, o well.. life goes on :smile:
Just got an AAA offer from Nottingham :smile:
What to do if rejected from all five choices????
Reply 3018
Original post by nameeti
lol dw, their offer policy is weird this year. Half their offers are bloomin' AAB for an AAA course!

I've been rejected as well, but I know thats because I got a relatively weak (but above average) LNAT score. I have an offer from Bham and no rejection from Kings, so I'm perfectly content (although slightly annoyed at Notts' over-reliance on the LNAT).

Still though, similarly to my profile, my friend got 11a*s at GCSE, 4A* predictions, 4 weeks of work experience with a leading barristers chambers and STILL got rejected, merely because he got 19 on the LNAT- a very unfair offer process indeed. Arguably, if someone does bad on ONE TEST, that does not justify rejecting the candidate who otherwise consistently produces good results (this candidate has other offers from LNAT unis and had an interview at Oxford).

I would wager your friend got rejected for something other than the LNAT, i have much worse a CV to them, and got an offer.

GCSEs: A*A*AAAAAAABB
AS: AAAB
A2 Pred: A*A*A + EPQ
LNAT: 19 (same as your friend)

No work experience, just a law summer school.
Original post by Mann18

I would think it's hard to get TCs from anywhere immediately?
I've heard they prefer you to get a little work experience first, but I may be completely off base.

:dontknow:

I think that he had already graduated. :p:

And it's not terribly hard if you're an Oxbridge grad... :wink:

Anyhoo, where've you been? Haven't spoken to you in ages!

Latest

Trending

Trending