The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3880
Pictures speak a thousand words

Original post by dothestrand
They didn't have Pique or Puyol in the second leg last year...

I'm not talking about last year - we had Silvestre in the back four then. :colonhash:

We're a totally different team now, we've certainly shown that tonight. Can't wait for the 8th. :arsenal:
Reply 3882
Don't understand why people believed Barcelona would rape Arsenal, did we do that last year? Yes but in a footballing sense perhaps but the scorelines against Arsenal have always been close bar the Camp Nou tie. Either way you have to be a **** to think Arsenal would be battered, they showed today why people need to take them seriously. Well done I say, ought to shut up the haters.

Looking forward to the Camp Nou tie :yes:
Is it me but was Fabregas emotional?
Reply 3884
Original post by Faith01

He did say it was just another win and without a result at Nou Camp this result is meaningless. But still !!! Win over Barcelona with 1 goal behind, which other teams can say that?? :biggrin:
F*CK Yesssssss!!!!!!!! so pleased for the boys
Original post by TheGrandmaster
So many Arsenal statuses on facebook, it's ridiculous. Fair play though, Arsenal were quality. Jack Wilshire looked like he could go on to be a really good player.

Never realised there were so many "Arsenal fans"

Original post by Faith01

Punching the air, whipping up the crowd and looking ecstatic? Nope don't think it's just you :wink:
Reply 3887
Hahaha...anyone notice itv f up again. lol.
Reply 3888
Original post by Faith01

He looked it at the end, yeah. He could have just been exhausted though, I don't know...he definitely looked different than you normally would after that result!

Excellent result today for you guys, well done :smile: Who do you think your stand-out performers were?
Original post by marcusmerehay
I'm not talking about last year - we had Silvestre in the back four then. :colonhash:

We're a totally different team now, we've certainly shown that tonight. Can't wait for the 8th. :arsenal:

True. But my point was that Barca also didn't have a fantastic back four and you still got thumped.
And Puyol should be fit for the second leg.

Still. It was a fantastic comeback, sets it up beautifully for the second leg - Arsenal do look totally different to last year, but they are a difficult team to predict.
I thought Pep's tactics were a little dodgy - Keita for Villa when only 1-0 up? Hmmm.
Reply 3890
Was so scared Song was going to get sent off( Busquets that bastard was looking for it), good thing Arsene took him off. GREAT game! RVP finally got his goal, Barca were still great though, good to see Arsenal can win under pressure. Can't wait for United's visit to the emirates. Was expecting to see 5 mins of injury time, then i realised this ain't the premier league :smile:.
Original post by M_E_X
He looked it at the end, yeah. He could have just been exhausted though, I don't know...he definitely looked different than you normally would after that result!

Excellent result today for you guys, well done :smile: Who do you think your stand-out performers were?

Wilshere and Koscielny, without a doubt.
Reply 3892
Original post by dothestrand
True. But my point was that Barca also didn't have a fantastic back four and you still got thumped.
And Puyol should be fit for the second leg.

Still. It was a fantastic comeback, sets it up beautifully for the second leg - Arsenal do look totally different to last year, but they are a difficult team to predict.
I thought Pep's tactics were a little dodgy - Keita for Villa when only 1-0 up? Hmmm.

So? Pique is suspended and Arsenal should have Nasri fitter and Sagna back...Arsenal will only strengthen next leg.
Original post by M_E_X

Wilshere, Koscielny by a mile.
Reply 3894
Wilshere and Koscielny were EXTRAORDINARY. Really fantastic performances, especially Wilshere.
I :love: Arsenal.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Wilshere and Koscielny, without a doubt.

Don't forget Szczesny.
Everyone's talking about Wilshere. Szczesny & Koscielny were amazing aswell :adore:
Reply 3898

What a night!!!!

Wilshire bossed the match. :biggrin:

Bring on the nou camp!
Alrighttt!!!! =D

Latest