The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Yea, 2 of my offers are Chester and they're the only ones I'm waiting for.

Good luck, BTW
Still waiting for Manchester and Edinburgh and Chester (but I'm not fussed about the last one)
STILL waiting for any reply at all, just wish one of the uni's would reply - having a blank ucas is soooo depressing
Original post by grodecki
Waiting for Bristol, still.

Me too, last ones to reply. HURRY UP BRISTOL!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Pink_butterfly
Me too, last ones to reply. HURRY UP BRISTOL!!!!!!!!!

Assuming by your other posts you are waiting for something from Earth Sciences? Waiting on Envi. Geoscience myself. Haven't seen one offer from that department yet :frown:
Assuming by your other posts you are waiting for something from Earth Sciences? Waiting on Envi. Geoscience myself. Haven't seen one offer from that department yet :frown:

I've applied for Archaeology. I sent my application off on 25th Nov so the wait is starting to get to me. When did you apply?

I've not seen many offers for Bristol yet, and the ones I have seen seem to have applied back in October.
Original post by Pink_butterfly
I've applied for Archaeology. I sent my application off on 25th Nov so the wait is starting to get to me. When did you apply?

I've not seen many offers for Bristol yet, and the ones I have seen seem to have applied back in October.

17th of November.

Archaeology is a different deparntment, not seen any offers from them or Earth Sciences. Better hurry up as the last ES open day is early next month :/
nyone else still waiting for UCL (SSEES) or Exeter? Heard several places who have got Exeter offers so far, but getting pretty pissed at the wait seeing as sent my ucas off 14th October! Other unis got back relatively quick before Christmas so it just feels like holding up the suspense on getting back to them and everything ¬¬
Also...this is purely speculation, but if a uni waits this ridiculously long does it incline more towards rejection? (You're alrightish but we'll see if we'll get anyone better, if not you're our backup). Or possible offer?
Original post by royal1990

Yep...
Don't give up hope though OP! It is kinda depressing cause you don't know what you're aiming for but like earlier replies said annoyingly they have that huge amount of time in which to make the offers.
Anyone else waiting for De Montfort to respond for Journalism?

Everyone I know who applied there got a response last week, but I'm still waiting. I emailed them just to check that my application was actually being considered and they just replied, "Yes. Cannot discuss this further."

I might just withdraw my application at this rate, I've got offers from everywhere else. I know my firm and insurance.
Please UCL... PLEASE!!!!!
I'm always so excited to check my email for UCAS track but im a bit afraid if its a rejection........ from ucl..... NOOOOOOOOOO!
UCL cmon dont cha think im a strong applicant??
Reply 2091
I'm still waiting for a response to four of mine. Leeds rejected.
Reply 2092
Ye think most people are still waiting on responses. Im still waiting for responses for 2 of mine. Sheffield Hallam and Leeds Trinity. Always turns out that the one your waiting for is your first choice! Good luck everyone! x
Original post by Arielle
I want to put it as my firm, too. And yes same! At least if they were going to reject me, they could have done it earlier so I can stop worrying and concentrate on going somewhere else. (But I want to go to Bath :-()

yees, oh, i recall someone saying that they were hoping to get back to applicants mid-feb - so, that would kinda mean this week...right? so hopefully we'll hear SOON. :frown: riight?

Original post by Lead Pipes A Fortune Made
nyone else still waiting for UCL (SSEES) or Exeter? Heard several places who have got Exeter offers so far, but getting pretty pissed at the wait seeing as sent my ucas off 14th October! Other unis got back relatively quick before Christmas so it just feels like holding up the suspense on getting back to them and everything ¬¬
Also...this is purely speculation, but if a uni waits this ridiculously long does it incline more towards rejection? (You're alrightish but we'll see if we'll get anyone better, if not you're our backup). Or possible offer?

i've been thinking about the same thing, and i can never really decide. :frown: cos maybe admissions is just really slow...that's what i'm hoping. :redface:
Reply 2094
Original post by pink giggle
yees, oh, i recall someone saying that they were hoping to get back to applicants mid-feb - so, that would kinda mean this week...right? so hopefully we'll hear SOON. :frown: riight?

i've been thinking about the same thing, and i can never really decide. :frown: cos maybe admissions is just really slow...that's what i'm hoping. :redface:

I'm guessing we should hear this week or next if this is right. I would hope that it is just the admissions being slow because from reading the Bath Applicants thread, it seems like many people are still waiting so hopefully it's not because we're more likely to be rejected. However, my friend who applied in September to Bristol and York has been waiting for them despite getting her other offers in September, and she's just been rejected by both. So it's a little bit disconcerting... I'm just going to have to expect the worst or I'll be so disappointed!
Waiting for Lancaster... Lancaster, Lancaster :tongue: Maybe chanting helps. Oh, and Durham, but that seems like a distant dream :wink:

omg and Hull, because they sent me a letter almost a moth ago, and the offer's still not on track... Hope they didn't change their mind
Original post by Arielle
I'm guessing we should hear this week or next if this is right. I would hope that it is just the admissions being slow because from reading the Bath Applicants thread, it seems like many people are still waiting so hopefully it's not because we're more likely to be rejected. However, my friend who applied in September to Bristol and York has been waiting for them despite getting her other offers in September, and she's just been rejected by both. So it's a little bit disconcerting... I'm just going to have to expect the worst or I'll be so disappointed!

I hope so! Yeah, and i've only heard of one offer for psych on tsr, so, hopefully that's a good sign...as long as i'm not the only one waiting :tongue: aww, that's not good news :frown: yeah, i'm trying to not get my hopes up, but i'm already in love with bath. :redface:
17th of November.

Archaeology is a different deparntment, not seen any offers from them or Earth Sciences. Better hurry up as the last ES open day is early next month :/

Just got an email inviting me for interview on 2nd March!
That gut renching feeling when you see your first 'Unsuccessful' makes you feel so down. :/
Reply 2099
Original post by matthew93
That gut renching feeling when you see your first 'Unsuccessful' makes you feel so down. :/

What are you applying for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending