The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Original post by Mann18
Don't feel bad, they'll offer more places than are spaces :yes:

True say bruddah. And, if I don't get my 3 As, Nottingham will be my maison as of September anyway. I just feel like I got the place for the sake of it haha! It was originally my first choice (after I got rejected from Oxford) but different things have changed my mind, and now I'm staying in Birmingham. Which a lot of people won't understand lol!!!
Original post by EmperorOfAndromeda
What to do if rejected from all five choices????

UCAS Extra will let you apply to one uni at a time if you have no offers.
Woke up this morning with an AAB offer from Nottingham D: . Been really surprised this week as I got an 18 in my LNAT and the essay I wrote was horrendous to say the least but still got Bristol and now Nottingham. Guessing they weigh it all up against the other factors in your application.
Woke up this morning with an AAB offer from Nottingham D:

Well done!:biggrin:

I got rejected from Nottingham, with a 17 on my LNAT. :frown:
Odd though, because I made a mistake on UCAS, and applied for the conversion course, yet this hasnt been mirrored on my rejection, despite emailing nottingham a few times. :confused:
Reply 3044
Original post by ellie36
Did anyone else go to the Nottingham open day today?? :smile:
Seems a bit weird they had an open day before they'd finished giving out all their offers :s-smilie:

Original post by Krydel
How was it? I am going on the 2nd March but if you had the time to spare to outline what you thought that would be great!

I've been on a private viewing just to look around but haven't met the staff or faculty facilities.

I went and it changed my opinion! :colondollar:
Everyone was really friendly and the self catering accommodation was great.
You can apply to change to the 4 year course option with your 3rd year spent abroad (I love the idea of Sidney!)
Talked about careers etc
Think I may well firm them :biggrin:
Reply 3045
Just firmed Bham with Notts as insurance. I feel dead lucky! I had to withdraw from Durham to do that but at least someone else will hopefully get my place now!
Reply 3046
just got my offer from nottingham yesterday :biggrin: so happy!

Original post by cem79
Just firmed Bham with Notts as insurance. I feel dead lucky!

ooh, think that's what i'll be doing too :smile:
Original post by LondonTownGirl
UCAS Extra will let you apply to one uni at a time if you have no offers.

I think I'll have to do this. I have no offers other than kent (and I don't want to go there so will have to pull out), still waiting on Warwick and I doubt I'll get it - school careers told me to ring up Warwick soon and ask if I have it or not. Pretty sure Extra will be the way I do it now...ouch. I'm A*AA predicted if anyone's interested.
Reply 3048
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Is it a smart move to insurance Notts without having visited it? I've only been going by the pictures in the prospectus and stuff that I've heard from friends/TSR.

Yes I think so :smile: I think it would appeal to most people really, as I don't think it has many down sides! I can't imagine it's somewhere you'd like less after visting it, the campus is amazing afterall! Although I am biased because I absolutely loved it :tongue: Where are you firming?
Reply 3049
Original post by Pipsical
I went and it changed my opinion! :colondollar:
Everyone was really friendly and the self catering accommodation was great.
You can apply to change to the 4 year course option with your 3rd year spent abroad (I love the idea of Sidney!)
Talked about careers etc
Think I may well firm them :biggrin:

I only saw the catered accommodation! Really nice but think I'm going to go self catered, I'm assuming it's just as good :smile:
The 4 year option was one of the things that attracted me to Notts in the first place, Australia sounds awesome but one of the more popular destinations I'm guessing! :s-smilie:

I'm definitely firming Nottingham :biggrin:
Where else are you chosing between?
Original post by eskimoblueday
I think I'll have to do this. I have no offers other than kent (and I don't want to go there so will have to pull out), still waiting on Warwick and I doubt I'll get it - school careers told me to ring up Warwick soon and ask if I have it or not. Pretty sure Extra will be the way I do it now...ouch. I'm A*AA predicted if anyone's interested.

I'd suggest gap yah if it comes to it, rather than going somewhere through extra below your capabilities.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'd suggest gap yah if it comes to it, rather than going somewhere through extra below your capabilities.

Yeah I know, just ugh, I really don't want to take a year out :/
I'm hoping ucas extra will work or something...I'm willing to beg
Anybody still waiting on Notts Law with Spanish & Spanish Law? I know it's my LNAT that's dragging me down, but I'm really hankering after an AAB offer :tongue:
So overwhelmed that I got an unconditional for Nottingham Law! I hope to see some of you guys there. How's the school like? Been hearing conflicting reports.. ): doubt kills.
Reply 3054
Original post by Gem888

Original post by Gem888
Only doing 3 A levels plus Welsh Bacc (which is meant to be worth 120 points). Predicted three A's. Haven't heard yet :frown: just want to know so I can decide for sure my firm and insurance. Where do you want to go?

Ahh! Most people do tend to get in with only 3 A levels! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:

I'm waiting for LSE, if not, Bristol will be my firm, I'm incredibly psyched to go, it looks like an insane place/school
Reply 3055
Original post by cem79
True say bruddah. And, if I don't get my 3 As, Nottingham will be my maison as of September anyway. I just feel like I got the place for the sake of it haha! It was originally my first choice (after I got rejected from Oxford) but different things have changed my mind, and now I'm staying in Birmingham. Which a lot of people won't understand lol!!!

Birmingham has the biggest Law sector outside of London and it's Law school is terrific.

Hell, I understand.

I'd personally want to go to Nottingham, but that really is just a matter of preference. Good luck!
Reply 3056
Got replies from all my choices....
top choice was LSE, got rejected :frown: really stupid thing, predicted 40, but one 5 at HL,
SOAS, 38 pts overall
Queen Mary, 36, 6,6,6 HL
Warwick 38 overall
Southampton 36, 18 HL

really wanted to get into LSE...
Reply 3057
Original post by cem79
Just firmed Bham with Notts as insurance. I feel dead lucky! I had to withdraw from Durham to do that but at least someone else will hopefully get my place now!

hmm, for me Birmingham doesn't really get enough credit for its Law School's reputation. What made you choose Bham over Notts?
AAA offer from Bristol :smile:
Reply 3059
Original post by StarsHideYourFires
AAA offer from Bristol :smile:

So jealous of you right now :P

When did that come through?

Latest

Trending

Trending